“DIRTY! NASTY! FILTHY!--- SIMPLY DISGUSTING!” 1 of 5 stars

Royal Inn
350 Eastern Blvd., Jeffersonville, IN 47130 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“DIRTY! NASTY! FILTHY!--- SIMPLY DISGUSTING!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

THIS IS THIS THE NASTIEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER BEEN IN AND I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE WORLD THAT INCLUDES MANY 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES!!!

There was feces on the floors and smeared on the walls, the sheets had stains. The toilet would not stop running.

Oh yeah, the "BIG" continental breakfast.... a very stale tiny danish, and weak coffee.

When I reported the problems to the hotel manager (Arivnd Bhatt) he as rude, and hostile. I would rather sleep in a tent down by the Ohio river than stay in this place again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed here when I was in Jeffersonville, In. I had to be moved to 4 rooms before I got a clean one. The room I stayed in was clean but not as clean as I would have liked it to be. This room was very roomy with a king size bed. I really didn't sleep very well while I was there and the next evening I found a bedbug on the pillow and when I showed the man there at the motel he said ok. Ok what? What does ok mean? If you are ever in Jeffersonville, In. and need a place to stay find another motel.

Room Tip: Don't get any room here.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Stayed one night during business trip. Older property, but nice staff during check in. Room was clean and shower was hot! Not much else needed. It is a Knights Inn, not a full service hotel.
Would stay again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The horrible attitude of the staff made the experience more horrible than the crappy rooms. Don't waste your time. The comforter was stained. The tub had red and brown spots that looked like blood. We checked in and checked out 20 minutes later. We went to Comfort Suites which was well worth our time.

Room Tip: There was nothing great about this motel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hillsboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I booked this hotel based on "New Non-Smoking". The managing family is the problem with this hotel. They have cut corners on EVERYTHING. We had a problems each evening with our keys not allowing us into the room. One night it took two trips to the front desk to get a key that worked. The breakfast was not well managed at all, when something ran out, it was not replaced. Not enough tables and chairs and this is a new property that had very few rooms occupied. I don't think the elevator was vacuumed the 4 nights we stayed there. One day the housekeeper (I think the manager was also the housekeeper) left 1 pack of coffee, no condiments, and one coffee cup for two of us in the room. The lampshades were knocked sideways every day. That isn't really a big issue but shows the level of care. There was 1 small shampoo and soap left. I left a note asking for body lotion but received conditioner instead the next day. When I mentioned this to the manager he said I should have asked at the front desk. They never did leave body lotion in the room but I did get some from the front desk. Why not leave shampoo, lotion, soap, and conditioner each day? We had booked a room with a refrig and micorwave but were given one without. I had to argue and insist before we were given another room even though I had the printout of our reservation. The manager really wanted to argue about it and kept asking who was going to pay the difference!! I could pick up a clear internet connection from the Quality Inn next door (but didn't have the code) but had very limited internet access while I stayed the 4 nights. All in all the manager is trying to skimp and does not understand the business of hospitality. Days Inn should revisit this site and demand improvement.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Joliet, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

We hadn't planned to spend a night in Jeffersonville, but due to a last minute change in vacation plans we had to spend the night. I wish I would have had access to the Trip Advisor reviews first. This Days Inn was one of the hotels identified on our GPS. Since we called ahead and they told us they had a non-smoking room, the rate seemed reasonable, and it had easy access to the highway we decided to head there. The first "warning signs" were the graffitti covered empty restaurant and almost empty parking lot. The room we were given was identified as a non-smoking room, however, it still smelled like smoke. It also seemed to smell like animal urine. The carpet felt dirty and everything looked dingy. Dust was hanging down from the ceiling. If it hadn't been close to midnight and we only needed a place to rest for 8 hours we would have left. I immediately wiped down every surface in site with disenfectant cloths. The next morning one of my children told her sister to wash her feet as they were all brown on the bottom. My daughter had just taken a shower 15 minutes before and had walked around the room barefoot while getting ready. After that all we wanted to do was get out as soon as possible. I observed that as we packed up to leave they were "cleaning" the rooms, howver I never saw the vacuum cleaner come off the cart. The person I observed was using a broom to clean the carpet. If this hotel is representative of typical Days Inn hotels/motels we won't be visiting anything from this chain in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
PENNSYLVANIA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

They down graded expedia. refused to give us a reciept. because we booked with expedia. they refused to give us points on our rewards card because we had to do it thru expedia. the bathroom had a huge water damaged stain about the tub, the sink light didn't work, unless you hit it. after turning it on. the hair dryer kept shutting off. there was an inch of dirt from the edge of the walls. bed mattress was to soft. big hole in center of matress very uncomfortable. there was no alarm clock in room.as is in listing. there were very little customers there they put us on the 2nd floor. why?? the 3rd floor guests sounded like a herd of elephants, starting at 6 am. the desk called our phone in the afternoon. (we had just returned from our advntures that day)
hung up when I answered. I called them back they said they were trying to get the next room (which no one was in) the bed spread has a hole in it. looked like a burn. in a non-smoking room. they didnt clean the coffee maker. the first day.but left coffee to make they next day.the furniture was very wobbly. room was quiet. back of tv remote was missing. When I returned home and began (after a 7 hour drive) I discovered I had left a small suitcase behind, I called the hotel. they said it wasn't in the room, and the maid didn't find it. they called her at home.there wasn't much in the case however it belonged to a set. and my phone charger was in it. the continental breakfast was okay. but the danish were stale both days.

Amenties that are advertised but are non existant are:
AM/FM alarm clock not in our room
Casino (12 miles away.)
Desk w/lamp. no lamp desk was very wobbly, tv stand wobbly,
EXCERCISE GYM, INTERNET SERVICE didn't see either one
Microwave. IN LOBBY NOT ROOM
Refrigerator. NOT IN OUR ROOM
Restaurant(USUALLY MEANS IN THE HOTEL) NOT THERE, several with in 3 mile radius
SMOKE DETECTORS NOT IN OUR ROOM.
(My husand is a fireman and it is something we look for.
TV REMOTE MISSING A BACK.
vending machines??? WE DIDN'T SEE ANY.
we had lots of parking space, and we close to the stairs
BUT STILL NOT SURE WHY WE WERE PUT ON 2ND FLOOR. WHEN IT WAS NEAR EMPTY, AND WHY THERE WERE GUESTS ON THE 3RD FLOOR??
I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CANT FIND A OVERNIGHT SUIT CASE BAG. WITH BREAKFAST BARS,AND A PHONE CHARGING CORD IN IT. OF COURSE IT WAS ON THE TV THAT THEY HAD TO BE PULLED AWAY FROM ALL THE TIME TO HAVE TO WAIT ON THE HOTEL GUESTS. SO MAYBE IF IT WAS ON THE TV THEY COULD FIND IT!! THE REST OF OUR 2 NIGHT STAY WAS GREAT FRIENDLIEST PLACE I EVER STAYED.

Stayed December 2008

Been to Royal Inn? Share your experiences!