“Worth the Money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Jeffersonville
Benton, KY
“Worth the Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and updated. The hallways though clean showed a lot of age and wear. Door frames were poorly fitted or loose, and carpet was worn enough to appear loose and have waves in it. The breakfast was traditional Choice hotels and was well kept and stocked. There is some construction going on in the area, but except for getting on and off the freeway it wasn't a problem. If it wasn't for the hallways I may have considered giving the stay a 5.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the back side of the hotel. The front faced the freeway and I would be worrie...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had read all the reviews of this hotel and I was surprised to see a Comfort Suite rated so low. I'd stayed at Choice Hotels for more than 10 years and did not have a bad experience at a Suites hotel. So I was going into this hotel with my guard up, just expecting something to be wrong or bad. NOTHING HAPPENED. The room was perfectly clean and quiet--I know because I carefully inspected it, more than I normally would. The check in and check out was problem-free. The breakfast was clean, well-organized and set up exactly like that offered at every other Comfort Suite hotel that I'd stayed. As I was checking out, there was a woman complaining that she couldn't believe that she got up for such a lousy breakfast. "There was no chopped nuts for the oatmeal or whipped cream for the waffles. No fresh fruit." And she had nothing for breakfast. Then she asked me in front of the desk staff whether I liked the breakfast. As a matter of fact, I did. I had cereal, first-class yogurt and could have had more to eat than I could have possibly stuffed in my mouth. She said she stayed at a Choice hotel in Chicago that offered all that. I told her that was the exception. Maybe all these negative reviews of this hotel are from people who just had too high an expectation. I left as a loyal and happy Choice Privileges Elite member.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Glasgow, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We had an emergency over night stay at this one. The little bit of interaction that we had, the staff was friendly. The hotel was relatively clean also. However, it need some maintenance work. We stayed in room 219. As soon as we got off the elevator, we had reservations about how it was going to be. The second floor carpet needs some serious repair. The room itself has wall paper peeling in several places. It's definitely over priced for what you get. I would recommend staying else where.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The service was great. But, the property outside was very littered with garbage, cigarette butts, etc. The surface of the room was fine but the carpet, corners, under beds, tables, along all edges of walls looked like they have never been vacuumed. For the price, $90+, I expected more.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked this hotel for an anniversary trip to Louisville. We checked in and immediately went to the room. The sheets and pillow cases had clearly not been changed!!! Their was fresh makeup on the pillow cases!! I went down and spoke with the front desk clerk, who apologized and called the ''manager''. After being told their were no rooms left of our room type, one miraculously came open!! It was like she was stalling us!! He told her to put us in another room. After waiting at least five minutes, she put us in a room on the second floor. we opened the door to that room, where we were met with the smell like a man had just showered in the room!! I checked the bathroom and sure enough, the floor was wet!! Obviously, we checked out!! We had to drive an hour and a half back home!! Needless to say, our anniversary was ruined!!! I would never reccomend this hotel to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our family of nine stayed here on our way home from NC. I would highly recommend it. Clean, comfortable and a GREAT breakfast area

The only negative I can say, is that the carpeting is bunching all over. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dearborn, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife, in-laws and two small children stayed here during the 2013 Kentucky Derby. The advantage to the hotel, was the close proximity to downtown Louisville, and the "affordable" rates during Derby week. We liked that we could get downtown in minutes and to the Churchill Downs quickly, without paying extravagant rates. The complimentary hot breakfast was a nice bonus (egg & sausage sandwiches, belgium waffles), and the staff was extremely friendly. It's also located to a lot of restaurants, shopping and groceries. The hotel does need some renovations, though. The carpet in the rooms and hallways need to be replaced badly. The bathroom also needs some maintenance (re-caulking, patch walls, etc). It's also a shame that there is no pool at the site. All-in-all, I would stay again during Derby week, but probably pick somewhere else when rates are more reasonable elsewhere.

Room Tip: There's only three floors, so I'm not sure it matters on the location.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!