“Belongs in a Ghost Town” 1 of 5 stars

2784 Jefferson Centre Way, Jeffersonville, IN 47130-7283
(812) 282-9333
Website
Improve this listing
“Belongs in a Ghost Town”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I should have known immediately when I was the only the 3rd car in the parking lot at 8:00 on a weeknight that this would not end well. We were patrons number 4 and 5 being outnumbered by the staff 2 to 1(not that it made any difference in the service). We were shown to our table where before even being seated we were asked what we wanted to drink and if we wanted an appetizer. Perhaps our waitress knew we would be the last customers of the night. Chips and salsa were brought to the table by the same waitress before our drinks and we were asked what we wanted for dinner before I even had a chance to wipe off the greasy menu. There were 2 types of salsa, one which consisted solely of canned tomatoes and the other which had an addition of canned green chills. I asked about a hotter or spicier salsa but told this was it. My dining companion had a ground beef chimichanga (shredded not available) and I chose the enchiladas - cheese, chicken and ground beef (again no shredded beef option). While the food was plentiful it was the most flavorless Tex-Mex food I have ever experienced. I attempted to save it by asking for some type of bottled hot cause and was presented Tabasco, green and red, as the only available options. I used to think that even bad Mexican food was good - Tumbleweed proved me wrong.

• Visited August 2014