“just what I'd expected and happy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suites at Louisville North

You added Suites at Louisville North to your Saves list
Suites at Louisville North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   703 North Shore Drive, Jeffersonville, IN 47130 (Formerly TownePlace Suites Louisville North)   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Jeffersonville
San Diego, California
“just what I'd expected and happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am happy to have stayed here. Its a great location near the river and very nice people hosting your stay. Very comfortable, though a bit worn, however all in all a good value. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: down any hallway is best, in order to avoid tour bus mornings!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

When we arrived we were very pleased with the location. We could walk to dinner with a choice of 5 good places. In the morning we walked along the riverfront.You can also walk across the bridges into Louisville but the walkway was closed when we were there. The breakfast is a grab and go muffin and juice thing but that was fine for us.
At 8 am each day housekeeping came by and left a note saying that they were by but we had the do not disturb card on the door. The first day we left at 10 am and when we came back our room was cleaned. .For 4 days after that housekeeping never returned. When I spoke to the manager he said we should have told them we wanted our room cleaned. Silly me I assumed that was standard procedure. If we weren't gone by 8 am when they came by they assumed we didn't want it cleaned. We asked the girl for towels one day as we left and that is all she did when she came into the room... leave the towels.
There was also a barking dog that woke us EVERY morning when his owner left at 7am. The manager said he was a extended stay room and we should have asked to move. Who knew it would be every day.
When I returned home I realized that I left a power cord in the wall and when I called they said it wasn't found so It wasn't left behind. Hmm once again housekeeping at its best.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I made reservations at a pre pay cost in January of 2014. I verified with Marriott that evening my card was to be charged. My reservation was for the Kentucky derby time and since I made the reservations so early, I got an awesome deal that allowed to us to be able to go to the derby. However, while I was at work last night I got a message from the hotel that they had just now charged my card and it didn't go through. (UNTRUE- there is a HUGE limit on that card and only a 25.00 balance on it) So they cancelled my reservation. No one was willing to help me, nor even give me a break on the price of the room. I have my credit card online statement saying there is more than enough to have covered what they were running on my card. After being transferred several times trying to get someone to help me, I finally got to the GM. He was rude. He didn't care. He told me he could offer me a new booking. AT A RATE OF $300-$750 A NIGHT! That is more than my whole three day stay total was on my previous reservation. I understand that with pre pay you must pay up front- but THIS WAS NOT MY FAULT! This was obviously a mistake when running my card. Now I have plane tickets to the Kentucky derby, derby tickets, and NOWHERE TO STAY. THANKS MARRIOTT.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Josh M, General Manager at Suites at Louisville North, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest –

I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you have had with the Marriott web booking. I also would like to apologize for any misunderstanding that you may have had trying to get this resolved at the hotel. The Kentucky Derby does require a contract with set rates along with advance deposit’s prior to each guest’s visit to the hotel. The hotel does try multiple times to obtain an authorization from the bank any time that we receive an error in the processing of a credit card. If we are still unable to obtain an approval we do try to be courteous and reach out to the guest. At the same time the hotels contract states that if payment is not obtained the reservation will be cancelled at the time payment is collected.

I once more do want to apologize for what has occurred and do encourage you to reach back out to me if you would like to discuss this more in-depth.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed at the Fairfield next door on last trip and did not like it. We saw this and thought it looked nice. The inside does not match the outside. There is a constant musty odor so I bought an air wick. The bed is soft. It is nice to have almost full size appliances but they were well used. Breakfast is continental but no sitting area hardly. Our next trip we will stay in east side of town.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Josh M, General Manager at Suites at Louisville North, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Brackjr,

I want to first say thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel on tripadvisor. I always appreciate the feedback from our guests so that we can continue to improve and focus on those areas that will allow us to serve you better. You mentioned a few items on your review and I have already schedule cleaning for the hotels stairwells and halls. We also use them throughout the year as we do a complete cleaning of rooms, halls, stairwells, the lobby and administrative offices. I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to service you in the future and if I can do anything for you don’t hesitate to contact me at the hotel.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was looking for a somewhat less expensive place to spend a night in Louisville, but wanted to stay within the Marriott or Hilton chain. It hadn't occurred to me that i could just pop over the bridge into Indiana and actually end up more conveniently located to downtown. This location was less expensive than any other comparable in Louisville so i gave it a try. Easy to get to off I-65, and right across the river from downtown. It's one block off the river, so there are plenty of places to walk to. It's nice to be somewhere where you can walk around after a bunch of time in a car or in meetings. One block away is a cluster of riverside/cityview restaurants: Kingfish seafood, Rockets Pizza/calzone/subs/bar, Buckhead Mountain Grill, Hooters, etc. Nearby riverside parks and trails are good for joggers and folks with pets, and have great views of the city. Safe area. Amazingly, you can walk 4 blocks east and actually walk or jog across the Ohio River to the city on a dedicated pedestrian bridge (Big Four). That is very cool. (Study the route on Google Maps before trying it, just to make sure you can get where you want to go.)

Hotel has two separate, 3-story buildings inside a little compound with one entrance; it’s a comfortable safe place that’s not as noisy as one might expect (nearby US31 bridge is 2 blocks away). Room is large and well laid out; it's not built as separate rooms like a true suite, but it's nicer than an average hotel room. It had a king bed with nightstands, chair and couch (foldout bed), table, work desk and chair, 32” flat TV with many channels, kitchenette with stove, large fridge, microwave, etc., closet, and separate bathroom.

The property is well-worn, and nothing looks very new. The hallways and staircase had a stale smell, but it wasn't very strong. Perhaps over the years enough people have cooked in their rooms or walked on the carpets with wet feet to have caused it. Some of the linens were thin and upholstery is frayed if you look closely. But it was very clean. Bathroom was spotless-clean, and shower worked great. Plenty of room to spread out. If you're worried about highway noise, get an even numbered room because it will face into the middle of the property. I was in the west building and could hear the continuous roar from 31, but it was readily drowned out by running the fan continuously, which i always do in hotels anyway.

The hotel has a small exercise room with stair stepper, treadmill, lifecycle, and some freeweights.

Breakfast is minimal “grab and go” with pre-packaged muffins, oatmeal packets, yogurt, oj, and coffee & tea. It's very basic, and intended for you to take back to your room since there isn't a large sitting area in the lobby. Check in/out process was easy and staff was friendly and did everything perfectly. The hotel is a big improvement over the cheap places by the interstate, but not quite up to the newer business oriented hotels that cost $50-100 more, either. Overall, i was satisfied with the place.

Room Tip: If you are light sleeper, ask for an even-numbered room since these face inside the property and may...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tim1962,

Thank you so much for the detailed review of our hotel during your stay. I greatly appreciate your feedback and will insure to print a copy for our team so they may review you report. I also wanted to let you know that Marriott and the management company are working on future renovations for our fitness room and our guest rooms to make things more modern.

If I can ever assist you please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were moving to Louisville so booked 2 weeks stay. We were greeted well and had no issues with the room. The rooms were cleaned daily and linens towels refreshed daily. The best service is the limo that you get free of cost. I cant drive so that helped me a lot. Staff is very friendly esp gloria. we would recommend this to our friends. The rooms are old but properly maintened. The staff went extra mile to make my stay pleasurable.

Room Tip: Use their lime service and the drivers are superfriendly.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh M, General Manager at Suites at Louisville North, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear: Valued Guest –

I wanted to just say thank you so much for the GREAT comments and feedback that you have posted about us. We always enjoy hearing about each guests stay and I can assure you that I will follow up with our team and especially Gloria about your visit.

Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Josh
IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We were on the last night of a long road trip. The reservation was made for a low floor, extra towels, and non-feather pillow room. When we arrived, we requested a lower level room (last room at this same brand was on second floor and the elevator was not working upon departure). The person signing us in insisted that we had to take this second floor room because it was set up for us. She said the elevator was to the left of the entrance and the room was to the right.

Two members of our party are disabled. My 85 year old father who has difficulty walking longer distances and my husband a recent stroke survivor. We TOLD this to the person signing us in.

We were quite surprised when the elevator was clear at the opposite end of the building from our room. Making getting to our room extremely difficult.

The heat never went on when the thermostat was turned on in the room. It was so very cold, none of us slept well. Then when we moved the door by the sink, it was apparent the floor had not been vacuumed there in some time. Absolutely gross.

Since the person that checked us in was so absolutely ignoring our requests to help the disabled in our party we thought it best to get back on the road relatively early.

The breakfast did not compare to the other same brand hotel we visited a week earlier in Georgia.

My husband and I were given a nice rate on this brand hotel near a medical facility. We will be there for six weeks. We will be looking for other more palatable accomodations. We had hoped that since they are affiliated with Marriott things would be fine. That was not the case. Not again.

• Stayed October 2013
Josh M, General Manager at Suites at Louisville North, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I first would like to apologize for the issues that you have been so kind to share with us on trip advisor. We strive for clean rooms and great service for each of our guests and your feedback only helps us with this. We have already had our monthly elevator inspection done to insure our elevators are safe and secure for each guest to use. I also want to apologize that the hotel did not have a first floor room available as we do try to accommodate each guest’s needs and requests. Unfortunately for our guests that are just passing though we have multiple long term guests that latterly move into our hotel and request our first floor because they bring with them items to last them multiple months during their stay.

I would like to encourage you to reach out to me via phone at the hotel when you find time. This way I can truly understand more in-depth about your stay and can insure that I accurately take care of your concerns.

Josh Matthews
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
Galt House Hotel
Galt House Hotel
#29 of 98 in Louisville
4.0 of 5 stars 2,580 reviews

Been to Suites at Louisville North? Share your experiences!