“Good quality at lower price in better than expected location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Good quality at lower price in better than expected location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was looking for a somewhat less expensive place to spend a night in Louisville, but wanted to stay within the Marriott or Hilton chain. It hadn't occurred to me that i could just pop over the bridge into Indiana and actually end up more conveniently located to downtown. This location was less expensive than any other comparable in Louisville so i gave it a try. Easy to get to off I-65, and right across the river from downtown. It's one block off the river, so there are plenty of places to walk to. It's nice to be somewhere where you can walk around after a bunch of time in a car or in meetings. One block away is a cluster of riverside/cityview restaurants: Kingfish seafood, Rockets Pizza/calzone/subs/bar, Buckhead Mountain Grill, Hooters, etc. Nearby riverside parks and trails are good for joggers and folks with pets, and have great views of the city. Safe area. Amazingly, you can walk 4 blocks east and actually walk or jog across the Ohio River to the city on a dedicated pedestrian bridge (Big Four). That is very cool. (Study the route on Google Maps before trying it, just to make sure you can get where you want to go.)

Hotel has two separate, 3-story buildings inside a little compound with one entrance; it’s a comfortable safe place that’s not as noisy as one might expect (nearby US31 bridge is 2 blocks away). Room is large and well laid out; it's not built as separate rooms like a true suite, but it's nicer than an average hotel room. It had a king bed with nightstands, chair and couch (foldout bed), table, work desk and chair, 32” flat TV with many channels, kitchenette with stove, large fridge, microwave, etc., closet, and separate bathroom.

The property is well-worn, and nothing looks very new. The hallways and staircase had a stale smell, but it wasn't very strong. Perhaps over the years enough people have cooked in their rooms or walked on the carpets with wet feet to have caused it. Some of the linens were thin and upholstery is frayed if you look closely. But it was very clean. Bathroom was spotless-clean, and shower worked great. Plenty of room to spread out. If you're worried about highway noise, get an even numbered room because it will face into the middle of the property. I was in the west building and could hear the continuous roar from 31, but it was readily drowned out by running the fan continuously, which i always do in hotels anyway.

The hotel has a small exercise room with stair stepper, treadmill, lifecycle, and some freeweights.

Breakfast is minimal “grab and go” with pre-packaged muffins, oatmeal packets, yogurt, oj, and coffee & tea. It's very basic, and intended for you to take back to your room since there isn't a large sitting area in the lobby. Check in/out process was easy and staff was friendly and did everything perfectly. The hotel is a big improvement over the cheap places by the interstate, but not quite up to the newer business oriented hotels that cost $50-100 more, either. Overall, i was satisfied with the place.

Room Tip: If you are light sleeper, ask for an even-numbered room since these face inside the property and may...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Josh M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Louisville North, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Tim1962,

Thank you so much for the detailed review of our hotel during your stay. I greatly appreciate your feedback and will insure to print a copy for our team so they may review you report. I also wanted to let you know that Marriott and the management company are working on future renovations for our fitness room and our guest rooms to make things more modern.

If I can ever assist you please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were moving to Louisville so booked 2 weeks stay. We were greeted well and had no issues with the room. The rooms were cleaned daily and linens towels refreshed daily. The best service is the limo that you get free of cost. I cant drive so that helped me a lot. Staff is very friendly esp gloria. we would recommend this to our friends. The rooms are old but properly maintened. The staff went extra mile to make my stay pleasurable.

Room Tip: Use their lime service and the drivers are superfriendly.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Louisville North, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear: Valued Guest –

I wanted to just say thank you so much for the GREAT comments and feedback that you have posted about us. We always enjoy hearing about each guests stay and I can assure you that I will follow up with our team and especially Gloria about your visit.

Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Josh
IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We were on the last night of a long road trip. The reservation was made for a low floor, extra towels, and non-feather pillow room. When we arrived, we requested a lower level room (last room at this same brand was on second floor and the elevator was not working upon departure). The person signing us in insisted that we had to take this second floor room because it was set up for us. She said the elevator was to the left of the entrance and the room was to the right.

Two members of our party are disabled. My 85 year old father who has difficulty walking longer distances and my husband a recent stroke survivor. We TOLD this to the person signing us in.

We were quite surprised when the elevator was clear at the opposite end of the building from our room. Making getting to our room extremely difficult.

The heat never went on when the thermostat was turned on in the room. It was so very cold, none of us slept well. Then when we moved the door by the sink, it was apparent the floor had not been vacuumed there in some time. Absolutely gross.

Since the person that checked us in was so absolutely ignoring our requests to help the disabled in our party we thought it best to get back on the road relatively early.

The breakfast did not compare to the other same brand hotel we visited a week earlier in Georgia.

My husband and I were given a nice rate on this brand hotel near a medical facility. We will be there for six weeks. We will be looking for other more palatable accomodations. We had hoped that since they are affiliated with Marriott things would be fine. That was not the case. Not again.

• Stayed October 2013
Josh M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Louisville North, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I first would like to apologize for the issues that you have been so kind to share with us on trip advisor. We strive for clean rooms and great service for each of our guests and your feedback only helps us with this. We have already had our monthly elevator inspection done to insure our elevators are safe and secure for each guest to use. I also want to apologize that the hotel did not have a first floor room available as we do try to accommodate each guest’s needs and requests. Unfortunately for our guests that are just passing though we have multiple long term guests that latterly move into our hotel and request our first floor because they bring with them items to last them multiple months during their stay.

I would like to encourage you to reach out to me via phone at the hotel when you find time. This way I can truly understand more in-depth about your stay and can insure that I accurately take care of your concerns.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a pleasure of staying at this hotel. Great staff and wonderful room. The staff here is great and nice. This is the place to stay on a trip to Louisville Ky. The location on the hotel is 2 minutes from downtown Louisville.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Josh M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Louisville North, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear WorldTraveler19999 –

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. We always strive as every Marriott property does for GREAT service and CLEAN rooms as when you are a world traveler that’s what matters to you. It’s nice to be greeted by a smile and a warm HELLO as you walk into the lobby; it just makes you think Homey. TownePlace Suites is all about trying to be just like Home except you don’t have to mow the yard, or manage the pool chemicals as we do all of that for you.

I just want to say Thank You so much for staying with us and for the kind words that you have posted. I will share these with our team at our daily meeting as our team enjoys hearing our guest’s feedback.

Pella, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place tops my list for the most genuine, welcoming warm staff. All of the staff I encountered went the extra mile to make sure I was happy during my stay.

The room was great, I traveled with a business colleague and we were able to share a room since the rooms have their own individual bedrooms. This was a great place to unwind after a long day at the exposition center.

There are several nice restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jim Z. –

I first want to say thank you so much for staying with us as we greatly appreciate your business. We are in such a great location as you mentioned because of the GREAT restaurants in walking distance and they over look the river. I am so glad that our team at the hotel was able to help you have an enjoyable stay as we do strive for GREAT service and CLEAN rooms.

I once more just want to say thank you for taking the time to post these great comments that I will share with out team.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I attended a conference at Louisville but I stayed here as I received a better deal with just a short drive across the river. The staff was friendly and helpful. They served a simple free breakfast They are close to Falls of the Ohio River Park and a couple restaurants. The only gripe was their door locks weren't very reliable. You are far enough off the highway to not hear the noise but still have quick access to 2 of the bridges into Louisville. Didn't make use of the kitchenette. The wireless was speedy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valuable Guest –

I am so glad that you were able to find the time to stay at our property in the Louisville area. We strive for GREAT customer service and CLEAN rooms as every Marriott property does. I GREATLY appreciate kind words and feedback about your stay with us.

If I can be of any further assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to call me at the hotel.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This could have been a bad experience for us but overall, it worked out well.

Our room was nice and clean.

The Managment went out of there way for my prego wife and our family.

Overall, this is a good hotel but has better management. I'll take management over luxery.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Josh M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Louisville North, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time to write these kind words and to recognize our management team at the hotel. We greatly appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Louisville.

Josh

Been to TownePlace Suites Louisville North? Share your experiences!