“Older property, walk to dining” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Jeffersonville
ohio
“Older property, walk to dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The inside of the property could use some attention, but it was not a bad place. Convenient location, close to highway exit (65), and downtown Louisville. We were able to walk to an area with half a dozen restaurants which was nice. Has a small indoor pool. Breakfast choices were pretty limited, but when it's included, you can't complain too much. Entrance to place (it shares a lot with Townplace Suites) is easy to miss - construction made it harder to see.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Cerena C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Louisville North, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Livetotravel,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us.

Respectfully,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was in an area that I felt safe in and loved being within walking distance to great restaurant choices. Not a fancy hotel, but was clean enough, nice employees, breakfast/coffee was good. I felt like we got what we paid for and so close to Louisville. So I would consider staying here again if I am on a budget.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Cerena C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Louisville North, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear SmoochyPie,
Thank you for staying with us. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. Thank you for giving us a try here on the Sunny Side of Louisville.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Our room was good enough for a brief overnight stay. It smelled a little musty but kicking on the heat seemed to solve that problem. Comfy bed and shower. The breakfast buffett, though, was better than expected with a belgian waffle machine, Greek yogurt, fresh fruit medley, and hot eggs and sausage. More than what we expected and delightful.

Also, while we didn't use the pool/whirlpool, I did notice it was clean enough to see the bottom. Always a plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the expressway for more quiet.
Green Features: Standard "we don't need to wash your towel every day" message but other than that nothing comes to mind.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear karlostroski,
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know how your stay was. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. Thanks for giving us a try.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were there for a volleyball tournament in Kentucky. I was disappointed that my room did not have microwave or refrigerator. The lobby smelt good and was clean. VERY VERY friendly staff, the best I have ever had! Mary was so sweet and kind! She went way beyond what was called of her to do! THANK MARY!
The bed were not so comfortable, my husband back bother him for duration of the our stay! The bathroom needs to up dated. Our room was very clean and smelled good. The building looks better outside then it does inside. The Elevator was a scare! Breakfast was your average hotel stay. You can hear the toilet flush from the other room. The walls thin can hear people walking in the hall ways. The location was close to were we needed to be.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Cerena C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Louisville North, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear luvsdeals,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to our city. I would like to thnk you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am thrilled to hear how clean our hotel was and how friendly our staff and especially Mary (she is a GEM) were. I am sorry to hear about the thin walls and uncomfortable bed during your stay. The bed is a tough one as some people love our mattresses and a very few don't. I hope to have new mattresses in the near future as well as a more updated bathroom. I have been changing to a newer and brighter shower curtain but I think we need an over haul of that room. Thanks again for staying with us.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotels staff does a nice job with the things they have control of, the rooms are clean, housekeeping is consistent and the staff is pleasant. The rooms are average, but fair for the rate you are paying. The lady (Jeanette) who keeps the breakfast area running is very-very nice.

Walls are thin - ask for a room on the top floor, away from the elevators.

Room Tip: Walls are thin - ask for a room on the top floor, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cerena C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Louisville North, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Ralph B,
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to let us know about your stay. Thank you for mentioning the staff and the cleanliness. We pride ourselves on being clean and friendly. I am thilled to hear that you enjoyed Ms. Jeannette. She is a doll.
Cerena C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Visiting Louisville but FFA convention made us stay across the river here. Walls and floors are very thin so you heard every footstep, sound and even the water from the shower was loud. I was on the second floor and clearly heard phone conversations outside. The room was small but especially the bathroom. The towels were small and thin. I found the bed too soft which left me with a backache each morning. Breakfast was very nice with a very sweet lady who took care of it. Would not choose to come back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cerena C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Louisville North, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Brackjr,
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know how your stay was. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We cannot do alot about the thin walls, I like to try to put folks on the top florr, that sometimes seems to help. I haven't heard of any disappointments lately of our towels as we changing them out to a thicker, softer and bigger towel. I apologize your room didn't have those yet. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and attendant. She works very hard and does a great job. Thank you for mentioning that. Thank you again for staying and again my apologies for not meeting your espectations. We will strive to do better.
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The room had a slight odor to it, if we had planned on staying more than one night I would have asked to change it. It took a while to get someone's attention (although one woman looked at me a couple of times before saying someone would be with me in a minute) to check out. The girl handling the breakfast - which was mediocre at best - was much more involved with chatting with the guests than keeping the coffee made even though it was apparent several people were waiting for coffee. Annoying since I was ready to get on the road but wanted my morning coffee first. On the good side, the water pressure is good, the beds were comfortable and the room décor was pleasant enough. Definitely feels like it needs another update though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cerena C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Louisville North, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear thymegrower,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am sorry to hear that my breakfast attendant was not great at making sure the breakfast was well stocked. I assure you that is not the norm. We have had part time help in the breakfast area on the weekends. I will make sure that I pass on this information so that we can better serve our guests in the future. We would love to have an update as well. We will just continue to be friendly and clean until that time comes.
Thanks again for staying with us.
Cerena C.

Been to Fairfield Inn Louisville North? Share your experiences!