“Weekend stay for family visiting Holiday World” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Jasper
Memphis, Tennessee
“Weekend stay for family visiting Holiday World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our family of 7 stayed 2 nights at the Jasper Hampton Inn for our trip to Holiday World. I read all the reviews before I decided on a hotel (including reviews about other accomodations) and I'm very happy to report that the glowing reviews about Hampton were right! The first thing I noticed when walking in was the welcoming lobby with coffee and cookies, and the very friendly desk attendant. After a quick greeting, I felt as if we were old friends. Our room had a very fresh but not overpowering fragrance and was perfectly clean, including the bathroom and shower. The beds and pillows were very soft and comfy-very important! Even though the air conditioner had a little rumble as the compressor kicked on, that was okay because we don't like completely quiet rooms, and we stayed very cool. There was good water pressure in the shower and they supplied shampoo AND conditioner, which most hotels do not provide. The breakfast buffet was wonderful with many selections including a waffle maker, eggs, sausage, bisquits and gravy. They even provided real oatmeal with sides of cinammon-sugar, berries, and almond slivers. Very tasty! Everyone on the staff that we spoke to was very friendly. I'm sorry we didn't have time to try out the pool, but I'm sure it was just as nice as the rest of the inn. If you are traveling to Jasper, don't even think about it. Stay at the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mary M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jasper, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! I am glad your stay was awesome. Each employee takes great pride to make your experience with us the best possible. Please visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Jasper, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is our fifth stay here. We stay here every time we come to Jasper to visit family. We feel like we are at home. The staff is already friendly, the room clean and above the standard. Best place to stay while in Jasper, Indiana!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mary M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jasper, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on a clean, comfortable, safe and affordable place to stay. I am glad you see us shine! I look forward to you visiting us again soon!
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice ~20 min drive due north of Holiday World. Jasper is a very nice little town. The checkin was fast and easy and pleasant. The room and bathroom were perfectly clean. The bed did not sleep well, which I thought was due to me being a big guy, sometimes the case. My small wife awoke with a backache as well, however. Linens on the bed were very nice and clean. No back complaints from the kids. Breakfast was great with hot and cold options. Good coffee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were booked elsewhere in Jasper, but a friend came back after staying at the other place with terrible stories of no breakfast, tube tv's that didnt work, charges for a fridge in the room, and no air...So we cancelled our reservations at the other place, and was able to call direct and booked a room here at the Hampton, (although, tripadvisor had them as sold out, they were not). I got two rooms on the second floor for my crew of 6 teenagers, The breakfast on Sunday went well beyond my expectations! Western omlets, french toast sticks, waffles, hard boiled eggs, fruit fresh, and mixed cocktail, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, and yogurt. WOW. The staff was super friendly, our house keepers, Taffy and Terresa gave us great service, traveling with 6 long hair teenage girls they needed lots of towels and hair conditioner! The only complaint the girls had was on the TV in their room didnt get alot of the channels that my room did. But mine didnt get ESPN, or HBO, their room didnt get NICK, or Disney...a quick room change between us fixed that! The beds were soft and comfy! The pillow selection was great. I brought my own, but didnt need to! Our air conditioner was fairly new, and had digital controls, while the girls room had the old style knob controls. The place was filled to overflowing on Saturday/Sunday it was full of families and grandparents away with kids going to Holiday world. Bring extra $$$ and treat yourself next door to some of the finest German food anywhere at the Schnitzelbank. We will be back to stay at this Hampton!

Room Tip: Bring quarters for the washer and dryers!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is a great Hampton Inn in a nice town. The people are efficient and very nice. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The breakfast is wonderful. Mary, the lady who serves the breakfast is very good. If you are going to be in the area you should stay at this Hampton Inn.

This is a perfect place to stay if you are going to Holiday World.

The German restaurant next door is terrific.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mary M, Manager at Hampton Inn Jasper, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and I am so happy that you had a great stay! I will pass along your kind words to my staff. We want your stay to be PERFECT. I look forward to you staying with us again on a future trip to our area. WE LOVE HAVING YOU HERE!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I did not have high hopes for our stay at the Hampton Inn. My last experience with one years ago left a bad taste in my mouth, but I gave it a shot based on other reviews. Our experience went beyond my expectations! (in a good way!). At check in I realized (after my husband and the desk attendant looked at me with pity) that I had made our reservation for the following week. My mistake was quickly resolved with zero hassle and our check-in was seamless. I was happy to see that they promote the fact that duvets (and sheets, which I would expect) are clean for every guest. Nice to know (smart move, marketing folks). The room was clean and comfortable. I didn't have that skeevy feeling I sometimes get at hotels. Far and away the best part was the breakfast, great choices (different hot offerings each of the two mornings we stayed), and a clean environment. The staff was pleasant and the location next to the German restaurant was nice. (Food at the restaurant was ok, but so nice to be able to walk across the parking lot for a drink after traveling with 2 small children:). Overall, great experience. (some towels might be ready for replacement was my only suggestion). Workout room was nice too, good treadmill and other equipment was clean and in working order.

• Stayed August 2012
Mary M, Manager at Hampton Inn Jasper, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for such a great review. It is always nice to hear our Hamptonality shines through! We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you on your next trip to Jasper!
South Bend
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn for the last three years when going to Holiday World in Santa Claus. This is a well run Hampton with nice beds, clean linens and a good breakfast. The staff are all helpful and always seem to enjoy making my little girl happy. She was looking bored at breakfast and the lady behind the desk brought out colors and coloring pages. She now has a friend for life.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mary M, Manager at Hampton Inn Jasper, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review and for noticing our Hamptonality! Your daughter is quite the artist. I have her picture on my office door. Thank you for staying with us again and I look forward to you visiting us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
Jasper Inn Dome & Convention Centre
Ferdinand Inn
Ferdinand Inn
#2 of 2 in Ferdinand
3.5 of 5 stars 102 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Jasper? Share your experiences!