“A bit outdated, room was overall comfortable” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Jasper
Peru
“A bit outdated, room was overall comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was originally the Jasper Inn and in the middle of renovating so the decor was a bit outdated but we had a good night sleep and the breakfast wasnt too bad. There was a small hint of mold in the rooms and the rooms were a bit cold. I've stayed at far worse, just needs some more tlc!!

Room Tip: They are renovating a bit so the hotel may be improved by later visits!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Petersburg, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall, I was quite surprised, after reading some of the reviews, was there for my nephews wedding reception, everyone was very nice from the desk to the wait staff..I roomed with my elderly mother and our room was ground level, and pool side..room was clean and very nice. Did not eat the breakfast, but the coffee was good..this was a large reception and a lot of rooms were reserved by family and friends, and I have heard no complaints,,,,

Room Tip: Poolside ground level, nice area to visit with family....
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
New Albany, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed one night in this roach infested, mold trap and it was horrible. I stayed the night in my car and only showered there in the morning. The first room I stayed in had roaches running across the floor and I requested a 2nd room. When I left and came back to the room, the ceiling was covered with mold coming out of the vent for the ac. I requested another room and the lady at the front desk informed me there were none left. Even though this hotel had over 100 rooms and only about 12 cars in the parking lot, there were no rooms available. I slept the night in my car and tried to shower in the morning but stood in a pool of water that was short of knee deep. I checked out that morning to a very rude lady and went to the Days Inn and found the services to be a 180 turn around..

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go elsewhere! this is just a roach trap hotel!!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Jasper hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is just horrid. It has an awful smell all over the place, my room was full of bugs and no one seemed to care. This was supposed to be a nice family trip but was ruined by this hotel. I wouldn't let me worst enemy stay here! I don't understand why an establishment like this could be around so long without a health inspector shutting it down! Even my kids were digusted! I can handle a few insects (that's life, they're everywhere) but this entire place was crawling!! And our room was just gross. Hair on the walls, I even found a used pad in the bathroom! Shame on the housekeeping there! I guess they don't understand that children stay there also and can pick stuff like that up? Everything about this place is a wreck. I WILL be calling their local health dept in hopes of preventing this from happening to someone else.

• Stayed August 2014
Jessica T, Manager at Ramada Jasper, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I sincerely apologize for the experience you described. I can assure you that this will be addressed with the housekeeping department to ensure corrective measures are taken immediately. We ask that you send a private email to the hotel with the name your room was registered under so that we may address this matter. We appreciate your cooperation so that we may work towards improvements.
Monticello, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

I should have checked Trip Advisor before deciding to stay here. Our room was COLD!!! Although the the girl at the desk tried to fix it, she could not get the heating to "kick in". She tried while we went to supper. Upon our return, the room was still COLD!!! I finally had to tell her that we needed a different room. She did put us in a different room which was upstairs. Needless to say it smelled musty and you could see where there had been leaks. This room was warm. The free breakfast was mediocre at best. I had to chuckle at the sign, "Pardon our mess, we are remodeling". My question was "Where is the remodeling taking place?". My last comment would be - you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Choose a different place to stay!!!!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Jessica T, Manager at Ramada Jasper, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We understand that the work we have been doing may not yet be seen by all, but improvements are being made. One of the first steps was being given the opportunity to become part of the Ramada franchise. The staff is working hard to become a property where ALL guests enjoy their stay. I am sorry we were not aware of the issues within your room and that room makeovers have not yet reached that room. We will be putting that room out of service until the appropriate changes can be made. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

My truck broke down and I was towed up the street from the hotel. I called & my company called for prices. We both got the same quote and they sent the quoted amount for me to pay for the hotel. I showed up to check in and was charged more than the quoted price. It was about $17 more which was, I was told, a mistake, that apparently had to come out of My Pocket. I paid in advance for 2 nights. Talking to an employee after the 1st night I mentioned I was waiting for my truck to be fixed so I might be staying longer. Apparently the Front Desk decided, instead of calling my room on the phone, they would shut off my Key Card, barring me from my fully paid for room, to ask me how long I was staying. I was paid up through the next day so this wasn't past check out time or anything just in my opinion Poor Customer Relations. On the Plus side the Housekeeping & Breakfast Staff are very friendly and helpful. They almost made up for the Front Desk Incompetence. Overall a clean, comfortable place with adequate amenities other than my above complaints. It has the potential to be rated higher.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Sir,
Thank you for your uplifting comments in regards to our housekeeping and breakfast staff. Your comments have been forwarded to them and I am sure will be appreciated as well. I apologize for the confusion at the front desk. A copy of your review has been forwarded to the department head so that additional training can be addressed in both customer service and a review of rates offered to others in a similar situation as yours. We provide discounted pricing for drivers such as yourself who are having repairs done locally. Please email us at ramadajasper@gmail.com so that we can credit you for the mistake.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

Spent 1 night and decided to stay 2.
It's a nice place that has done a lot of remodeling
and still doing more. But the workers stop
before I get back to my room and it's no inconvenience.
The rooms are very nicely furnished and decorated.
the bed was comfortable.
And this may seem like a sill observation
but the soap is the finest I've ever seen in a hotel.
San Francisco something brand.
There is a bar but the music was a little bit loud
for my tastes. All the employees I've met
are polite. The front desk went out of their
way when I checked in to help me get my
bags to my room.
Good location next to Jasper Motors.
The breakfast is assorted and fresh.
The wifi was not great, but the room did have a ethernet cable.
I will be back.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Jessica T, Manager at Ramada Jasper, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your review of our hotel and we appreciate your kind words. The staff is working hard on the improvements. We hope you look forward to seeing the changes on your next trip including the new and improved wifi.

Been to Ramada Jasper? Share your experiences!