“Needs some improvement in Customer Service” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Jasper
“Needs some improvement in Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My truck broke down and I was towed up the street from the hotel. I called & my company called for prices. We both got the same quote and they sent the quoted amount for me to pay for the hotel. I showed up to check in and was charged more than the quoted price. It was about $17 more which was, I was told, a mistake, that apparently had to come out of My Pocket. I paid in advance for 2 nights. Talking to an employee after the 1st night I mentioned I was waiting for my truck to be fixed so I might be staying longer. Apparently the Front Desk decided, instead of calling my room on the phone, they would shut off my Key Card, barring me from my fully paid for room, to ask me how long I was staying. I was paid up through the next day so this wasn't past check out time or anything just in my opinion Poor Customer Relations. On the Plus side the Housekeeping & Breakfast Staff are very friendly and helpful. They almost made up for the Front Desk Incompetence. Overall a clean, comfortable place with adequate amenities other than my above complaints. It has the potential to be rated higher.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Spent 1 night and decided to stay 2.
It's a nice place that has done a lot of remodeling
and still doing more. But the workers stop
before I get back to my room and it's no inconvenience.
The rooms are very nicely furnished and decorated.
the bed was comfortable.
And this may seem like a sill observation
but the soap is the finest I've ever seen in a hotel.
San Francisco something brand.
There is a bar but the music was a little bit loud
for my tastes. All the employees I've met
are polite. The front desk went out of their
way when I checked in to help me get my
bags to my room.
Good location next to Jasper Motors.
The breakfast is assorted and fresh.
The wifi was not great, but the room did have a ethernet cable.
I will be back.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Kirklin, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We chose the "Jasper Inn" Ramada because the location was good for what we were wanting to do and the price was low. But we were disappointed in much that we found.

The first red flag was discovering that the motel was in the industrial section of Jasper, right next door to the transmission plant. As we drove up, the place looked almost abandoned. The first morning we thought there must be a large group of guests or a meeting at the conference center because of all the cars in the parking lot. We discovered that the workers at the transmission plant use the motel parking lot. Our room was on the backside of the motel with an exterior door, not a problem for my wife who liked being able to take our things directly into the room. The room was about this size we expected but that is where it ended. For a place that advertises itself as a place for business travelers, I was shocked that there was no desk in the room. There was no refrigerator, no microwave, all things we have had in King-bed rooms at this price in other motels. The router for the wifi was on the night stand. The air conditioner fan had a continual squeak that reminded me of a gerbil on its exercise wheel.

The biggest positive was the housekeeping staff. They did their job well and our room was clean every day. If not for this, I would have given it only one dot/star.

I realize that we were there on weekdays, but besides the housekeeping staff and the other guests, the place seemed deserted. The pool was open and looked clean, but the lights never seemed to be turned up and I did not see any guests using it. The pool-side pizza shack was never open. The restaurant was only opened for the continental breakfast but no one at in the breakfast room. The temperature in that room was too warm. The two days that we actually ate there the only things offered were cold cereal and a waffle maker, yet there were no spoons and one day the milk was nearly empty. We were informed at check-in that the lounge was only open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.

Over all, this was a disappointing experience that I will not repeat. All that I saw makes me think this motel is on its way to being shut down and demolished.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Greensburg, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First I booked two queen beds and one king bed. Did not get them. Instead they gave us 3 double bed rooms. Not happy.
Room is outdated and disappointing.
There is no trash can to throw any thing away.
To top it off I have bugs flying around in my room.
If I new how poor this hotel was I would have stayed elsewhere and drove to the conference.
I WILL NOT be back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here on the way through headed north. Nice hotel for the price of 62 dollars. Comfortable bed with modern tv, refrigerator, microwave. Everything was clean which, in my opinion is the most important aspect. The only problem I have is that there is no lighting outside. Its almost pitch black. Im pulling a trailer with a golf cart which kinda makes me feel uneasy about it being out there in the pitch black. Sad thing is there is fixtures on poles; just appears they are all burn't out.

Stayed September 2014
Dana, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Attention to detail would have added alot to this place. I booked at the last minute and a few more dollars for a newer place would have been worth it. Though I wouldn't say terrible a few things made the place seem kinda crummy. The phone receiver didn't work .The TV remote worked sporadically. The desk mirror in the room had fingerprints on it before we used the room. Double beds instead of Queens was noticeable and obviously the rooms could use upgrading. A Modern TV and new furniture would have removed some of the dating. They had a hot breakfast! Which was better on day 2 than Day 1 but was overshadowed by the sauna like temperature in the room with the majority of the breakfast stuff staged. They did have a nightclub which I only briefly looked at (I had my kids) .... it could have used carpeting. Even though it was tolerably I'll probably look for a newer place next year.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jessica T, Manager at Ramada Jasper, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking time to write a review for our property. We are addressing all of the things you mentioned in your review so that we can improve our guests experience moving forward. We hope that you may consider us again in the future so that we can show you the improvements that are being made.
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was built as a Holiday Inn many years ago and was the place to stay in Jasper for decades. However, as time marched on this hotel became very aged. Several years ago they lost their franchise and became an independent operator. recently, they have somehow obtain a Ramada franchise but it is unclear how they did it and who they had to pay off. While the sign in the lobby say they are under remodeling, we saw no signs of it at all. The room was so outdated, it is now back in "retro style". The beds were horribly uncomfortable, and they give you very little in the way of blankets and no comforter. The free continental breakfast is extremely basic, but good enough for what you pay. The pool is nice however. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay for one night, then this is okay but it is certainly no vacation destination.

Stayed August 2014

Been to Ramada Jasper? Share your experiences!