“Attention to detail needed.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Jasper
Dana, Indiana
“Attention to detail needed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Attention to detail would have added alot to this place. I booked at the last minute and a few more dollars for a newer place would have been worth it. Though I wouldn't say terrible a few things made the place seem kinda crummy. The phone receiver didn't work .The TV remote worked sporadically. The desk mirror in the room had fingerprints on it before we used the room. Double beds instead of Queens was noticeable and obviously the rooms could use upgrading. A Modern TV and new furniture would have removed some of the dating. They had a hot breakfast! Which was better on day 2 than Day 1 but was overshadowed by the sauna like temperature in the room with the majority of the breakfast stuff staged. They did have a nightclub which I only briefly looked at (I had my kids) .... it could have used carpeting. Even though it was tolerably I'll probably look for a newer place next year.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jessica T, Manager at Ramada Jasper, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking time to write a review for our property. We are addressing all of the things you mentioned in your review so that we can improve our guests experience moving forward. We hope that you may consider us again in the future so that we can show you the improvements that are being made.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was built as a Holiday Inn many years ago and was the place to stay in Jasper for decades. However, as time marched on this hotel became very aged. Several years ago they lost their franchise and became an independent operator. recently, they have somehow obtain a Ramada franchise but it is unclear how they did it and who they had to pay off. While the sign in the lobby say they are under remodeling, we saw no signs of it at all. The room was so outdated, it is now back in "retro style". The beds were horribly uncomfortable, and they give you very little in the way of blankets and no comforter. The free continental breakfast is extremely basic, but good enough for what you pay. The pool is nice however. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay for one night, then this is okay but it is certainly no vacation destination.

Stayed August 2014

Travelers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel due to the close distance to Holiday World and Marengo Cave. Be warned hotel is in eastern time zone and Holiday World is central time.
Checking in was not a good start, clerk didn't know how to find reservations, she wouldn't take my confirmation number. Called manager for assistance and manager was more worried about checking and texting on her phone than helping a customer. Once checked in we asked for directions to our rooms and were told that they were out of maps but our rooms "were just around corner" Took us 20 minutes to find our rooms (at midnight) none of the doors or hallways were marked. Hotel was very dated and housekeeping never cleaned either room for a 3 night stay. Ice makers were few and far between (none on 2nd floor) and never had ice. Game room was a joke and machines just took money and you never got to play. Most of the staff were very rude, met one housekeeper that was pleasant and helpful. Keys stopped working on day 3, had to have them reset and was accused of not taking care to keep away from cell phones and computers. Funny all 4 keys stopped working at the same time????

I will not stay there again !!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Churubusco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Room we had was recently remodeled. Pretty clean room and the front was accommodating to a last minute change in rooms. Room did come with microwave as well as a mini fridge. The place does have a very large recreation area that is very interesting layout.

• Stayed July 2014
Jessica T, General Manager at Ramada Jasper, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We greatly appreciate your feedback on your visit with us and we hope to see you soon again.

Jessica Thornton-Watkins
Tipton, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed here for our family trip to Holiday World. After reading the reviews I was kinda freaked out after we already reserved our room. But I was proven wrong, our rooms were clean and ready when we checked in, we even was able to check in a few hours early. We had two queen beds as requested. Frig, microwave & coffee pot, hair dryer & iron board and iron all in the room also. Everything was very clean. If I only had one issue it was that our room smelled of a stale ashtray and it was a non smoking room. Other than that we had no issues at all. The big pool was nice for our teenagers to swim in while we relaxed our roller coaster aches in the hot tub. All in all very satisfied for the money we spent. Would stay again on our next trip to Santa Clause .

• Stayed July 2014
We greatly appreciate your feedback and we glad that you enjoyed your visit. Please come back and see Ramada soon.

Jessica Thornton-Watkins
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

When we got there, the pool was closed, and they couldn't tell us when it would be open. We checked into our room and unpacked to find that it was a room with two double beds not the two queen beds that we booked. I called down to desk, she said that this was the bed with the package and that I didn't ask for queens, I told her that I did ask for queen beds and she told me that she "made the reservation and she " doesn't make mistakes" Then we argued for a few, minutes and she kept telling me that there was nothing that she could do about it. When she then said that she sees on another screen where I did book two queens but someone "bumped" me. We argued a few more minutes about how they were booked up and there was nothing that she could do about it. She then told me that the queen rooms were booked but that she could give me two king rooms that conjoined together. We packed everything back up in the car and drove around to another building and unpacked and went to that room to find that the two rooms didn't join with a door between them and that the air didn't work and it smelled like mold so I called back down to the desk where the same lady said that she told me that the rooms didn't join but that she would bring me two cots down to accompany us. We waited for awhile and she finally showed up with them and we told her that we were leaving because of all of the current issues and she just walked out without saying anything. We packed everything back in the car and drove to the front desk and my husband went in and asked a man at the front desk for a refund. He then informed my husband that there was a room in another building that was an updated, nice suite that he stayed in for awhile. It was more like an older version of a suite. The girl that made the reservation just stood there looking at him, and said there is nothing else available. He said that there's no linen in this suite but that she-the girl that we had been dealing with would bring them right up to us. So my husband came out with the man and went to look at the room and came back to the car and told me that this room would work for us but that the hotel would have to bring us our pillows and linens up. We unpacked and waited for about 20 minutes but no one showed up so we went and got something to eat and came back thinking that surely by now, there would be pillows and beds made up and towels etc... We were WRONG! There was nothing. By this time its 1:00am, yes A.M.! My husband and I went back to the front desk and there was a brand new person there who didn't know anything about the situation and we asked again for pillow, blanket, sheets etc... she said we'll bring it up in a few. At that point I demanded politely that I was not leaving without these items. So me and my husband carried our blankets, sheets, pillows, pillowcases, towels, etc... ourselves across the parking lot, up the stairs and made up our beds. We finally at about 1:30 a.m. were able to put our children to bed and go to sleep. The beds were FLAT, THIN, HARD. The phone didn't work. 99% of the games in the game room were broken. The pool was fine except for a lot of small kids running and no adult supervision. The whirlpool tub was nice except for the children under 14 years of age at it with no adult even at the pool, even though the sign says no person under 14 allowed at the whirlpool alone and there was a kiddie wading pool. Hospitality is NOT in this hotel's dictionary on how to take car of guests.

Room Tip: The loud rooms are the "pool side rooms" which is where the pool and game room were locate...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Room was filthy. There was trash and gatorade lids on the floor when we checked in. The sheets were dirty and had hair on them and on the pillows. Didnt look like they cleaned the room from the last guest just made the bed. There was hair in the bathtub. We did not have any toilet paper or kleenex in the room. When we asked the front desk to bring us some they showed up 4 hours later with a half used roll of toilet paper and told us this was the only toilet paper left in the whole hotel. Really was not worth the $100 we spent on this room. Will never make this mistake again!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Ramada Jasper? Share your experiences!