“Overall good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Jasper
Tipton, Indiana
“Overall good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for our family trip to Holiday World. After reading the reviews I was kinda freaked out after we already reserved our room. But I was proven wrong, our rooms were clean and ready when we checked in, we even was able to check in a few hours early. We had two queen beds as requested. Frig, microwave & coffee pot, hair dryer & iron board and iron all in the room also. Everything was very clean. If I only had one issue it was that our room smelled of a stale ashtray and it was a non smoking room. Other than that we had no issues at all. The big pool was nice for our teenagers to swim in while we relaxed our roller coaster aches in the hot tub. All in all very satisfied for the money we spent. Would stay again on our next trip to Santa Clause .

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Indianapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We got to our room unpacked found out the toilet wasn't working called the front desk after an hour they came with a plunger that had a hole in it and it wouldn't work she sopped toilet water up with a towel and threw it in the bathtub. She left to find another plunger and I was waiting for her to come back and I saw something crawling in the bathtub. I took a washcloth and picked it up and looked at it real close it was a BEDBUG!!!!Oh my gosh I freaked out and ran to the front desk to show them and they conformed it was a BEDBUG!!!!! I yelled and screamed and demanded my money back.I left everything I brought in the room lost all cloths and shoes mine my 5 year old daughters things and my husbands things we lost everything.we had already bought holiday world tickets and they wouldn't refund them so at 11:30 at night I was in Walmart trying to buy all new cloths shoes and swimsuits I spent over 100.00 then we finally found comfort inn in Ferdinand at 159.00 a night we went to holiday world the next day on no sleep so I was out over 500.00 due to them having BEDBUGS do not stay there !!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014

Travelers are raving about these Jasper hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When we got there, the pool was closed, and they couldn't tell us when it would be open. We checked into our room and unpacked to find that it was a room with two double beds not the two queen beds that we booked. I called down to desk, she said that this was the bed with the package and that I didn't ask for queens, I told her that I did ask for queen beds and she told me that she "made the reservation and she " doesn't make mistakes" Then we argued for a few, minutes and she kept telling me that there was nothing that she could do about it. When she then said that she sees on another screen where I did book two queens but someone "bumped" me. We argued a few more minutes about how they were booked up and there was nothing that she could do about it. She then told me that the queen rooms were booked but that she could give me two king rooms that conjoined together. We packed everything back up in the car and drove around to another building and unpacked and went to that room to find that the two rooms didn't join with a door between them and that the air didn't work and it smelled like mold so I called back down to the desk where the same lady said that she told me that the rooms didn't join but that she would bring me two cots down to accompany us. We waited for awhile and she finally showed up with them and we told her that we were leaving because of all of the current issues and she just walked out without saying anything. We packed everything back in the car and drove to the front desk and my husband went in and asked a man at the front desk for a refund. He then informed my husband that there was a room in another building that was an updated, nice suite that he stayed in for awhile. It was more like an older version of a suite. The girl that made the reservation just stood there looking at him, and said there is nothing else available. He said that there's no linen in this suite but that she-the girl that we had been dealing with would bring them right up to us. So my husband came out with the man and went to look at the room and came back to the car and told me that this room would work for us but that the hotel would have to bring us our pillows and linens up. We unpacked and waited for about 20 minutes but no one showed up so we went and got something to eat and came back thinking that surely by now, there would be pillows and beds made up and towels etc... We were WRONG! There was nothing. By this time its 1:00am, yes A.M.! My husband and I went back to the front desk and there was a brand new person there who didn't know anything about the situation and we asked again for pillow, blanket, sheets etc... she said we'll bring it up in a few. At that point I demanded politely that I was not leaving without these items. So me and my husband carried our blankets, sheets, pillows, pillowcases, towels, etc... ourselves across the parking lot, up the stairs and made up our beds. We finally at about 1:30 a.m. were able to put our children to bed and go to sleep. The beds were FLAT, THIN, HARD. The phone didn't work. 99% of the games in the game room were broken. The pool was fine except for a lot of small kids running and no adult supervision. The whirlpool tub was nice except for the children under 14 years of age at it with no adult even at the pool, even though the sign says no person under 14 allowed at the whirlpool alone and there was a kiddie wading pool. Hospitality is NOT in this hotel's dictionary on how to take car of guests.

Room Tip: The loud rooms are the "pool side rooms" which is where the pool and game room were locate...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Room was filthy. There was trash and gatorade lids on the floor when we checked in. The sheets were dirty and had hair on them and on the pillows. Didnt look like they cleaned the room from the last guest just made the bed. There was hair in the bathtub. We did not have any toilet paper or kleenex in the room. When we asked the front desk to bring us some they showed up 4 hours later with a half used roll of toilet paper and told us this was the only toilet paper left in the whole hotel. Really was not worth the $100 we spent on this room. Will never make this mistake again!

Ossian, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Reserved two rooms through reputable online discount site. Called hotel for special requests (late check in, rooms to be close together, and for one room to be a king while the other is a double), was told by the receptionist that the hotel is booked and they would make a note of the request but would most likely not be able to honor them. When we arrived (at 1100 pm) my husband waited at checkin for 20 minutes before staff returned to the front desk, and was graced with the site of multilple intoxicated men exit the inhouse "club" with alcohol in hand. When we made it to our rooms we found one was already occupied. A call to the front desk and another 15 minute wait awarded us with a King room in a separate building FAR from our four teenage children. The room decor is dated, furniture heavily used and the room itself feels damp. Although the front desk staff was apologetic and promised to refund one of the rooms, I will still never book a Ramada again.

Room Tip: A room in another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed there for a baseball tournament. The only reason we stayed is to keep the whole team together. The room was disgusting!! The bathtub was dirty and had hair in it. The sheets seemed to be clean, but the bed was terrible. The bed felt like it would fall when you sat on it. The headboard was upholstered and the material was stained and was very dirty. The floors in the room were dirty and I cannot even describe how terrible the floor in the hall way was.

The pool area and the pool tables were a nice touch. The pool area was nice with lots of sitting around the area. I felt better seating on the plastic chairs out by the pool, than in our room. The only bad part about the pool area was at 11:30 someone came to close the pool. They told us the pool was closing in 2 minutes, but about 20 seconds later another lady went and turn off all the lights. There were still kids in the pool and the pool area… this was very unsafe.

The breakfast was horrible. The sausage was undercooked and the donuts tasted like they were a couple of weeks old.

Never again will I stay there!!

Room Tip: Do not stay there. The place needs to be bulldozed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Loves Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were excited to stay after seeing the photos provided by the hotel. Once we arrived, we were surprised we actually stayed. They didn't have the reservation held, despite the confirmation email I showed them. Room was dirty, nasty, no Wifi and 2 broken bed frames. Call front desk for help, no such luck. Promises, played dumb, acted confused. All I can say is beware! Get a poolside room, NOT any other room. They gave a a small discount the next morning, but that was too late

Room Tip: Don't stay, not worth it. Don't fall victim to the pictures.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Jasper? Share your experiences!