“Weekend with wife and family ” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Jasper
“Weekend with wife and family ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We came down from Indianapolis to visit the family in Jasper Indiana it has been a pleasure to stay here got the aarp price for my wife room decent staff friendly would recommend this hotel to anyone parking easily accessible pool is small but works!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IN408, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad you were able to enjoy our outdoor pool and that the staff made everything pleasant for you. We hope to see you again on your next trip!

Couples
Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

my girlfriend friend and I stayed two nights in this hotel. I personally have stayed in many hotels and this experience has been my worst. Our first night we were there we found a lot of hair on the bed. Then I needed to ask a question I went to the front desk, nobody was there I rang the bell 6 times and waited for a worker to come out, for ten minutes. I could hear the person watching tv in the office. I went back to my room and told my girlfriend, we ended up going back out to the front desk only to find a worker ACTUALLY there we asked our question "do we have to check out in the morning so the people can clean or can we leave our stuff in there and leave and not check out" and the person(owner of the hotel) got really rude with us But told us that we could leave our stuff in there and stay checked in. Our room only had a couple of towels and the comforter wasnt even a comforter it seriously looked and felt like a curtain so we threw them on the floor. We left the next morning and came back that night only to find the same comforter that we threw on the floor, on the bed... they didnt change it they used the same one for the bed and not only that, the owner told us the night before that we could leave our personal belongings in there and nobody would go in there. We were really worried they took something or went through our stuff. my friend wanted to go to the pizza place accrossed the street but the owner said they changed the rules and that we couldnt go outside. Once we came in we had to stay in. We ended up just going straight to bed that night and woke up the next morning and packed up all of our stuff so we could check out. While we were packing up we found a burrito in the microwave that had been in there since the other customer stayed there 2 and a half days before. So obviously the cleaning crew is bad. The outside appearance is horrible, weeds everywhere. Outdoor pool was really small. The whole hotel is small and out dated. Even though I got a discount on the hotel, I should have only paid like two dollars for both nights. That was a waste of my money.

• Stayed June 2014
IN408, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that there was a misunderstanding about our housekeeping process. Housekeepers are required to clean all rooms, including stay-overs, unless you have posted the provided Do Not Disturb sign or personally told the housekeeper you did not require service. I will share your other concerns with our management team in order to make needed changes. If there is anything further I can assist you with, please email at gm.in408@choicehotels.com
Springfield, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We went to check in and the manager on duty was sure the right why to slide the credit card. He slide the card three or four times and still didn't have to right. Try to put the card in manual and then locked up our card where we couldn't use it until we called the credit card company. We went to look at the rooms we had, they were not a jointing rooms like we had requested. The first room the beds were made and ready for us the second rooms the beds were unmade the was drink cups and food every where. We went back and told the manager and he said are you sure the rooms are ready. He had to check it out before he would believe us. Then we come back and got us two more rooms that was a jointing. One room he got the right key on the other he got the wrong key and had to go back and get the right one. Then finally after that we go in the rooms were hot because they did have the air on for those two rooms. The next night we came back late and went thought the front doors and the manager stopped my husband and said that he had a problem with our card. We find out when we try using and already had if working but he still was having problems. He told us are card was bad and needed another one I told him no it's not that you lock up the card trying it too many times. We got up for the breakfast and there was ants everywhere on the counters by the food. We leaving and checking out the manager didn't say he was sorry about the room being a mess or say anything about locking the card up. He never offered us a discount for the problems we had when checking in with him. When we were leaving they had two truck of pest control people to get rid of the ants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we failed to live up to your expectations. I will go over your comments with our cleaning staff and see that improvements are made. I would like to get some more info on this situation so that I may assist you further. Please email us at gm.in408@choicehotels.com so that we can make this right for you.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!