“Very good motel - Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #121 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“Very good motel - Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is a nice motel. We had a nice stay. The bed was comfy, room was clean, everything worked. There was ice in the ice trays, but no ice machine. Breakfast is basic - Coffee, Oranges, Apples, Muffins. We stayed here 1 night during a 2 week trip from New Mexico to Ohio.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are glad that you had a positive stay and that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. We arrived late (1230 am) and checked in to our queen suite. Not only was the hotel run down looking in general, but the person manning the counter was rude and dressed in her pjs and slippers. We got into our room, pulled back the covers and sheets and found CRUMBS in the sheets. the pillowcases also had crusted red and yellow stains. Apparently, they dont change sheets at this hotel. I went back down to the front desk and rang the bell, only to stand waiting for five minutes for the PJ clad staff member to return. I told her that the linens on our bed were dirty and I needed more. She rolled her eyes and said that she might not have any more sheets, but she would check and walked away muttering. She returned after another five minutes with a bag of sheets. I asked her for a new blanket and was told that she didn't have anymore. So, at 1245 am, after flying half way across the country with my infant son, I was changing my OWN bed linens and ended up sleeping WITHOUT a blanket. SO...DONT STAY AT THIS PLACE. I learned my lesson, cheaper is NOT always better. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Stephanie - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not the greatest experience. In response to your feedback, I have made the necessary changes to the staff in regards to your comments. As for the level of cleanliness that you experienced; I have met with my senior staff members and we have discussed and will be implementing changes as to how rooms get checked. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
missoula, mt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Freshly painted, new bed linens and comforter. Clean room and friendly service. Just don't expect a full breakfast. Instant oatmeal, some oranges and apples and cereal bars, coffee. Good value for the price, though!!! Very close and convenient for traveler using the airport, or just passing through along I465. Reasonably close to the Speedway, too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an amazing review. I'm glad that you were pleased with our staff and the overall accommodations of your stay. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and our updated hotel. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great stay , clean rooms with small kitchen, very friendly and helpful stuff will definitely stay there again and recommend to my friends and family .... Location is very convenient and coffe serve for breakfast was delicious !!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it was inexpensive and conveniently located to the airport. The grounds and cleanliness of the rooms are average and perfectly fine for the in expensive rates. I travel frequently for business and always (no matter where I stay) as for a wakeup call. Well, don't expect that from the staff at this location. I booked the room for my last night in IND and asked for a wakeup call as my flight was leaving early the next morning. The lady at the desk that evening said no problem and sounded as though she was documenting it. I went to bed peacefully thinking all was set- not so much! No wake up call!!! I ended up waking an hour late and was unable to shower (so no review of the bathroom) or have breakfast (so no review on breakfast), so that I could run through the airport to make my flight. If you won't do wakeup calls - let your customers know that when they request one!!! I would have used alternate means- I was tired from a long trip, got in late and relied on your staff... So should this be shame on me??? Maybe so- but I will never stay here again and will certainly not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I apologize that our staff failed to provide you with your requested wake-up call. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure this does not happen in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would love the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Looks more like a motel

I got charge twice for my room, have to call to get my money back.

Do not recommend this place for Family, looks like is for people who work in construction.

Room Tip: This location is not to clean and the furniture is old and stain, bed is bad, found bugs.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I am currently staying in this hotel and since the manager responds fairly quickly to reviews to tripadvisor I am hopeful this will finally get my toilet fixed, room moved, or moved to another hotel. I have stayed here last week and so far this week and the place is fine. The bed is hard, hvac is loud and walls thin; however price is great so I wasn't expecting much. One thing I do expect is to have a working toilet. I noticed this morning it drained very slow. No big deal I tell the front desk when I leave this morning, expect it to be fixed when I return 12 hours later... it's not. I call the front desk, person says they will send someone up to fix it....that was 3 hours ago. Call front desk again it rings and rings and rings...finally someone picks up, it's a guest with several other guest who have been waiting at front desk to check in but can't find an employee. I'm not picky, I'm cheap and know what I'm getting when I book a discount place....but a working toilet and someone at the front desk is not to much to ask.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding your toilet is truly unacceptable. We are very sorry for your experience. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to ensure this issue is resolved right away. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dhindman@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport? Share your experiences!