“wonderful and confortable stay (Santos P)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #106 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“wonderful and confortable stay (Santos P)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

First i most say that all the staff in this hotel are wonderful including the manager very friendly. The rooms are well equiped and i never needed anything but just get to my room and relax. I hightly recomend this hotel to any one specially co workers since im here contracting with my company. This hotel is 110 percent better than those value places on the area especially the one rockville rd. I love this hotel since is my home away from home. Very outstanding. The staff especially the young ladies called ashley and renita they have the the best customer service i ever seen. I recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: Very clean and comfortable place to stay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This affordable corporate hotel is right near the Indy Airport. The staff is wonderful. Very attentive and caring folks that really care about their 2 legged and 4 legged guests ! You get a good size suite and kitchen with all your necessary wares to prepare meals and snacks.Their restful beds will put you to sleep and is so relaxing after a day of travel or on the job. Extended Stay America is pet friendly with very walkable paths and safe for their 4 legged friends. Your pets will always be greeted with a doggie treat and a warm smile from the staff. Need a ride to and from the airport ? Great ! This hotel does just that ! I could go on and on about how wonderful Extended Stay America Indiana Airport is but I think you should book your next reservation here the next time you are in the area and try it for yourself !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The staff at this hotel is the nicest and most helpful that I have ever dealt with. I am a contractor so I have to stay in hotels quite often. My room is always clean, and if I ever need towels they provide more than enough. The location is convenient to all stores and the airport. They have a free suttle to take you where you need to go. The room is equipped with coffee maker and dishes unlike some other well known value places. I have stayed at this particular extended stay for 2 months now and would never consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

First, I must say that all of the clerks were pleasant to deal with. That was the highlight of my stay.

I stayed for four nights and had pre-paid using Priceline so I was locked in. I can only describe this hotel stay as the worst possible place that I have ever slept. Probably just one step above sleeping on the streets.

The first room I was given (on the 3rd floor) had a very strong urine smell that overwhelmed me as soon as I walked in the door. I asked to be given a different room. The next room smelled as if someone smoked a whole box of cigars in it 5 minutes before I opened the door. This, in what's supposed to be a non-smoking hotel. Finally, I was given a room that smelled very strange, but the least offensive of the three. It was a sweet smell, but strange. I can only compare it to what I think a chocolate chip cookie that had been soaked in chemicals would smell like. I figured it probably wouldn't get any better, so I tried to make the most of it.

The blanket on the bed had a cigarette burn in it and the stitching on the comforters was coming undone. The room was moderately clean, but I didn't look too closely for fear of what I might find.

The exhaust fan in the bathroom sounded like a Gatling gun.

The windows would not lock, no matter how hard I tried to get the locks to engage.

The doors have security locks, but the door in the back was broken. Always
had red & green lights on and didn't require a card to get in.

I suspect that there were many illegals living here based on observations of the number of people that were staying in one particular room near mine.

On a couple of occasions, I witnessed people hanging out their room windows smoking cigarettes.

If you make the brave decision to stay here, make sure to bring your own supplies as you only get soap.

I asked to get a replacement key once and she didn't ask to see a photo id, just the room number.

The last day I was there, there was a dead roach in the hallway leading to the back entrance of the hotel.

All in all, a hotel that probably has worse accommodations than most prisons. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Love this hotel very nice for the price clean the location was awesome nice staff very helpful willing to help I was a VIP guest got an awesome snack bag :) overall I love this hotel rooms r very nice clean the rooms r nice sized not cramped like other hotel rooms

• Stayed September 2012
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

AR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here recently to attend a convention in Indy. I booked through Priceline and was expecting a double when I arrived (apparently I booked a single Queen by mistake, which I didn't learn until later in my stay.) We were given a room with double beds which smelled strongly of burnt ramen. It was clean aside from the intense smell. The next day I was called and informed that I would have to be moved to a single Queen or pay an upgrade fee to remain in the double. Apparently there were maintenance issues with the room I booked, although I wasn't informed at check-in. Over the phone I understood that I could either pay the fee or my things would be moved to a single Queen. I agreed to pay the fee since it would have cost more to return to the hotel and manage my things than to accept the charge. I intended on disputing the charge with a manager during my visit. I left a number of notes with the front desk and called multiple times before I was finally able to get in touch with a manager to dispute my charge. She instantly went on the offensive and wouldn't allow me to sum up the situation as I experienced it. It's nice that she's willing to go to bat for her employees, but I felt like I was being attacked. I was informed that the call was made by the front desk to inform me that I COULD have my things moved for free (or I could do it myself later), or I could pay the fee for an upgrade. She was very confrontational and refused to sympathize with my situation before finally telling me that she would be happy to reverse the charges and that I all had to do was ask (telling me basically that I had spent 13 minutes complaining to her without ever specifically asking for a refund.) The entire exchange was very belittling and negative, despite the fact that I made every pain to be civil and respectful to any clerks or night employees I interacted with.

In addition to this, 3 cars in the parking lot had windows broken out during our stay and 1 of those may have been stolen. We did not leave our bags in our car which may have saved us from having to deal with the damage/a stolen vehicle. 2 of the cars were parked adjacent to our car when the vandalism/burglary occurred, and the third was parked a few spaces down.

My main issues with the stay are as follows:
1. I was not informed about the maintenance issues or the need to upgrade/be moved at check-in
2. I was not informed that the manager I was requesting time to speak with was not available due to a leave of absence and would not be able to contact me until after my stay was over
3. The manager I spoke with wasn't interested in hearing why I felt that the charge was erroneous, and made it plain that she didn't not wish to speak with me for any length of time on the issue
4. The room had an intense smell of burnt food which did not go away during our stay
5. The parking lot is unsafe and not monitored by cameras or security of any kind
6. The hotel's response to any situation seemed to be to simply shrug off the bad and force their occupants to shoulder the blame

Room Tip: Park where you can check on your car from your room or where you are guaranteed to have foot traffic...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

I appreciate the opportunity to address your concern about charges you incurred at our hotel. Due to our corporate privacy policy, I am unable to respond to you on this website, but am happy to provide you with whatever information you need in a direct conversation. Please know that, although we have no control over the payment or refund policies of online travel websites, your comments are very important to me and to the entire staff at our hotel, as we are in constant communication with those companies.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

When I arrived the lady at the desk, had on old dirty house shoes. That should have been my first clue. She didn't ask to see ID nor a major credit card. 2nd clue! She gives me the key to a room. I get to the room there is a sign that says "pet in room" I thought they must have forgotten to take off sign. But the key didn't work so I couldn't get in any way. I go back downstairs, get another key. It didn't work. Go back downstairs get another key. The lady behind the counter in the dirty house shoes says. I will just put you downstairs. At this point, I don't care I just want to get in a room. She gives me another key to a room on the first floor and guess what, it didn't work. Ok Im pissed now. I go back to the desk and ask the lady, please get me someone who knows what they're doing. She says I'm the only one working. Lucky me! So know I tell her your going with me to open the door. So she says let's go back upstairs to the first room. She sees the sign which read " pet in room" and she says hmmmm wonder why that's there, we better go get another room. Then she says this is getting ridiculous. As we are going down the elevate there are two young ladies getting on they where dressed like prostitutes. When we got back to the lobby there was a shady looking guy just sitting there. ( I am a female and I was checking in around 11 pm). Now I just didnt feel safe. She takes back upstairs to another room. I asked for a key and she said i will get you one, do not come back to the desk. I noticed how filthy the carpet was in the hallway. I decided to inspect my bed before getting into it. There was dog fur and long strands of hair all over the bed. I went back to the desk asked for another room. She took me to another room opens the door and says is this okay. I told her I would let her know. I went to the bed first I found a few strains of long hair, then there was a pad that looked like an old guest may have left. It was stained with urine. The garbage in the kitchen was still there. It's now after midnight, I didnt feel safe in the hallways. I would much rather sleep in my car, since I won't be able to take the nice hot shower as I had planned. If they don't take garbage out or change the linen on the bed, i am sure the toilet and tub aren't clean either. Almost forgot to mention the carpet in my last room, had crumbs all over it and hallways are filled with smoke ( smoke- free facility). I dumped the dump and went somewhere else. I didnt wait around for a refund! As I was leaving about 2 am there were multiple people standing around out doors. They all looked high on something. Unless your a prostitute, drug addict or a bum, you will not like it here! I will never go there again!

Room Tip: Go some where else!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport? Share your experiences!