First, I must say that all of the clerks were pleasant to deal with. That was the highlight of my stay.
I stayed for four nights and had pre-paid using Priceline so I was locked in. I can only describe this hotel stay as the worst possible place that I have ever slept. Probably just one step above sleeping on the streets.
The first room I was given (on the 3rd floor) had a very strong urine smell that overwhelmed me as soon as I walked in the door. I asked to be given a different room. The next room smelled as if someone smoked a whole box of cigars in it 5 minutes before I opened the door. This, in what's supposed to be a non-smoking hotel. Finally, I was given a room that smelled very strange, but the least offensive of the three. It was a sweet smell, but strange. I can only compare it to what I think a chocolate chip cookie that had been soaked in chemicals would smell like. I figured it probably wouldn't get any better, so I tried to make the most of it.
The blanket on the bed had a cigarette burn in it and the stitching on the comforters was coming undone. The room was moderately clean, but I didn't look too closely for fear of what I might find.
The exhaust fan in the bathroom sounded like a Gatling gun.
The windows would not lock, no matter how hard I tried to get the locks to engage.
The doors have security locks, but the door in the back was broken. Always
had red & green lights on and didn't require a card to get in.
I suspect that there were many illegals living here based on observations of the number of people that were staying in one particular room near mine.
On a couple of occasions, I witnessed people hanging out their room windows smoking cigarettes.
If you make the brave decision to stay here, make sure to bring your own supplies as you only get soap.
I asked to get a replacement key once and she didn't ask to see a photo id, just the room number.
The last day I was there, there was a dead roach in the hallway leading to the back entrance of the hotel.
All in all, a hotel that probably has worse accommodations than most prisons. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay America Indianapolis
- Extended Stay Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Extended Stay
- Extended Stayamerica Indianapolis Airport