I stayed here recently to attend a convention in Indy. I booked through Priceline and was expecting a double when I arrived (apparently I booked a single Queen by mistake, which I didn't learn until later in my stay.) We were given a room with double beds which smelled strongly of burnt ramen. It was clean aside from the intense smell. The next day I was called and informed that I would have to be moved to a single Queen or pay an upgrade fee to remain in the double. Apparently there were maintenance issues with the room I booked, although I wasn't informed at check-in. Over the phone I understood that I could either pay the fee or my things would be moved to a single Queen. I agreed to pay the fee since it would have cost more to return to the hotel and manage my things than to accept the charge. I intended on disputing the charge with a manager during my visit. I left a number of notes with the front desk and called multiple times before I was finally able to get in touch with a manager to dispute my charge. She instantly went on the offensive and wouldn't allow me to sum up the situation as I experienced it. It's nice that she's willing to go to bat for her employees, but I felt like I was being attacked. I was informed that the call was made by the front desk to inform me that I COULD have my things moved for free (or I could do it myself later), or I could pay the fee for an upgrade. She was very confrontational and refused to sympathize with my situation before finally telling me that she would be happy to reverse the charges and that I all had to do was ask (telling me basically that I had spent 13 minutes complaining to her without ever specifically asking for a refund.) The entire exchange was very belittling and negative, despite the fact that I made every pain to be civil and respectful to any clerks or night employees I interacted with.
In addition to this, 3 cars in the parking lot had windows broken out during our stay and 1 of those may have been stolen. We did not leave our bags in our car which may have saved us from having to deal with the damage/a stolen vehicle. 2 of the cars were parked adjacent to our car when the vandalism/burglary occurred, and the third was parked a few spaces down.
My main issues with the stay are as follows:
1. I was not informed about the maintenance issues or the need to upgrade/be moved at check-in
2. I was not informed that the manager I was requesting time to speak with was not available due to a leave of absence and would not be able to contact me until after my stay was over
3. The manager I spoke with wasn't interested in hearing why I felt that the charge was erroneous, and made it plain that she didn't not wish to speak with me for any length of time on the issue
4. The room had an intense smell of burnt food which did not go away during our stay
5. The parking lot is unsafe and not monitored by cameras or security of any kind
6. The hotel's response to any situation seemed to be to simply shrug off the bad and force their occupants to shoulder the blame
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay America Indianapolis
- Extended Stay Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Extended Stay
- Extended Stayamerica Indianapolis Airport