“DO NOT STAY HERE!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 184 hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

When I arrived the lady at the desk, had on old dirty house shoes. That should have been my first clue. She didn't ask to see ID nor a major credit card. 2nd clue! She gives me the key to a room. I get to the room there is a sign that says "pet in room" I thought they must have forgotten to take off sign. But the key didn't work so I couldn't get in any way. I go back downstairs, get another key. It didn't work. Go back downstairs get another key. The lady behind the counter in the dirty house shoes says. I will just put you downstairs. At this point, I don't care I just want to get in a room. She gives me another key to a room on the first floor and guess what, it didn't work. Ok Im pissed now. I go back to the desk and ask the lady, please get me someone who knows what they're doing. She says I'm the only one working. Lucky me! So know I tell her your going with me to open the door. So she says let's go back upstairs to the first room. She sees the sign which read " pet in room" and she says hmmmm wonder why that's there, we better go get another room. Then she says this is getting ridiculous. As we are going down the elevate there are two young ladies getting on they where dressed like prostitutes. When we got back to the lobby there was a shady looking guy just sitting there. ( I am a female and I was checking in around 11 pm). Now I just didnt feel safe. She takes back upstairs to another room. I asked for a key and she said i will get you one, do not come back to the desk. I noticed how filthy the carpet was in the hallway. I decided to inspect my bed before getting into it. There was dog fur and long strands of hair all over the bed. I went back to the desk asked for another room. She took me to another room opens the door and says is this okay. I told her I would let her know. I went to the bed first I found a few strains of long hair, then there was a pad that looked like an old guest may have left. It was stained with urine. The garbage in the kitchen was still there. It's now after midnight, I didnt feel safe in the hallways. I would much rather sleep in my car, since I won't be able to take the nice hot shower as I had planned. If they don't take garbage out or change the linen on the bed, i am sure the toilet and tub aren't clean either. Almost forgot to mention the carpet in my last room, had crumbs all over it and hallways are filled with smoke ( smoke- free facility). I dumped the dump and went somewhere else. I didnt wait around for a refund! As I was leaving about 2 am there were multiple people standing around out doors. They all looked high on something. Unless your a prostitute, drug addict or a bum, you will not like it here! I will never go there again!

Room Tip: Go some where else!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Been staying here off and on for years and just recently they have made some major changes. Now is all non smoking so chance of getting smoke stain or smelly room is gone, They apparently redone the whole hotel with new linens and even new carpets if needed to desmoke the room to make it a true non smoking room. If that wasn't enough of a surprise they now have flat screens in all the rooms. And last big upgrade is the bed is one the most comfortable anywhere. Almost missed meeting didn't want to get out of bed.

Overall is becoming my for sure place to stay in Indy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Indianapolis - Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I won a trip including motel to the 2012 Indy 500. We stopped at Extended Stay by the airport to check in to our "free room for four" . The lobby was nasty dirty and stunk. The elevator was old and dirty. We entered the room and my wife almost started crying. We thought we were trapped hundreds of miles from home with surely no rooms available on the eve of the big race. Finally we said there was no way us or our kids could even think of touching anything let alone staying there. we called Expedia where it was booked but they could not help because someone else booked our free room. Finally about an hour later we found an acceptable room and paid $189 plus taxes for a $79 room.
YOU COULD PAY TO STAY THERE! We called the corporate and emailed and asked for a refund with no results........

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

My experience started off bad! I called the hotel to have the shuttle come get me and the woman at the front desk said it would be 20 minutes, an hour later and two more phone calls the van finally pulled up. From the outside the building looks nice but the room I stayed in was far below average. Plus the room smelled like cooked humid ramen. The carpet is concerning but at least had vacuum lines. The windows are dusty and dirty and there is only a black out curtain and one of the curtain pulls is missing. It did not occur to me that there wouldn't be shampoo and. Onditioner provided but that makes sense and the bathroom was surprisingly in good shape. The bed however was old, noisy, and hard. The linens are old with a cover that you just want to pull off the bed and not use. The front desk wasn't overly friendly and when my dad checked in a few hours later the older woman was surly and seemed annoyed the moment he walked in. It seems like the people who run the place may live on site and that they may have regulars. For just one night I think I would have rather paid more to just be more comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Indianapolis - Airport.  Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.  Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring.  All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards.  Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down.  In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better.  Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day.  Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.  I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Troy, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here for 7 nights while attending trade show in downtown Indianapolis.Rooms were recently updated and very comfortable. Easy to get downtown from here and significantly less money then downtown area hotels. Hotel staff very friendly and had shuttle van for short trips.

Room Tip: All rooms will soon be smoke free.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

We wouldn't let our dog stay here. Filthy dirty, stinky,holes in furniture, and stains everywhere!! Should be condemned!!

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Indianapolis - North.  Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.  Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We had stayed here before on a trip to see the Indy 500 and it wasn't bad. This time it was awful. There was hair all over the room. I opened the cabinet under the sink to put something in the trash, and there was a big wad of hair hanging off the wastebasket. I went in the bathroom and there were wads of hair stuck to the baseboards. I opened a drawer and there was hair all over the drawer. On top of that, the desk clerks were surly. The good thing is that it was cheap and did have a full size refrigerator so we could make plenty of ice for the race. It was also very quiet. But I think you could something almost as cheap and not have to deal with the filth. The beds were uncomfortable, too.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport? Share your experiences!