“Avoid!! Gross” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #105 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Avoid!! Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

We wouldn't let our dog stay here. Filthy dirty, stinky,holes in furniture, and stains everywhere!! Should be condemned!!

• Stayed May 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Indianapolis - North.  Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.  Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring.  All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards.  Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down.  In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better.  Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day.  Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.  I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We had stayed here before on a trip to see the Indy 500 and it wasn't bad. This time it was awful. There was hair all over the room. I opened the cabinet under the sink to put something in the trash, and there was a big wad of hair hanging off the wastebasket. I went in the bathroom and there were wads of hair stuck to the baseboards. I opened a drawer and there was hair all over the drawer. On top of that, the desk clerks were surly. The good thing is that it was cheap and did have a full size refrigerator so we could make plenty of ice for the race. It was also very quiet. But I think you could something almost as cheap and not have to deal with the filth. The beds were uncomfortable, too.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

the room stunk .the parking sucks .customer service sucks . my boss booked me this room if i had i would of left in the first 5 minutes .. how can they call it a kitchen with out an oven or even a toaster oven.. i personally would never rent a room from extended stay this being like the 4or 5th one i've stayed in all where pretty cruddy !!!!!! ohh yeah and the internet was slower then dial up...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Toledo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

After spending the weekend in Bloomington, I had an 0615 flight out of IND and needed a place to stay because the shuttle from Bloomington doesn't arrive to the airport early enough to make that flight.

I stayed at this Extended StayAmerica location in 2005 or 2006 and I remember it being a good deal because parking was included with my rate or was a competitive price to the parking lots at the airport. But when I returned to my car in that previous visit, the van/shuttle driver informed me the car next to me had been broken into and they were meeting that week to discuss the possibility or purchasing security cameras.

Fast forward to April 2010, I can't say I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt because I only stayed here because it was under $60 for the night and I was only in my room for about 6 hours.

I made my reservation on the phone directly with this location (not the 800# call center) and insisted to the hotel employee I would be at the airport at 2210 (per the Star of America shuttle schedule as I rode the shuttle from Bloomington and they have been on time when I use the service) so if she could have their van service pick me up then, that would be great. She then told me I needed to call back to let them know when I was at the airport. I thought I was doing us both a favor since I wanted to sleep and they could plan around an airport pick up at that time. When I did call back - about 15 minutes out from the airport - the hotel van never arrived until 2230. This was after my shuttle arrived about 2202.

I'm sure the operation is similar at other Extended StayAmerica locations, but it's a stripped down operation. When you walk into the lobby, it is nice and clean and looks semi-modern. No frills. But the front desk is only "staffed" from 0700-2300. I remember the last time I stayed about five years ago, the overnight employee wouldn't completely open the collapsible wall at the front desk to check me in. This time, the wall was open since I arrived before 2300. I do understand this hotel is marketed to business travelers staying for longer periods (living up to the phrase, "Living out of a hotel room/suitcase"), thus the brand name of the hotel.

The party in front of me that checked in had their wireless internet fee (I believe I saw that it's ~$5/day) waived for their stay since the front desk employee had already done the night audit (hint: arrive after 2220 and maybe you may save a few bucks on the internet with your already cheap stay).

When I made my airport hotel van request pick-up time with the front desk, I asked for 0500. The employee insisted it takes at least 20 minutes to arrive to the airport (remember, IND has a new airport terminal in a different location on the same piece of property, you now enter from I-70 west of I-465... you no longer enter the property from I-465). I took my chances with an 0500 van departure and the drive at 0500 on a Monday morning only takes 13 minutes (don't hold me to this on future Mondays). The van also needs to be cleaned. It was either the van or the van driver that smelled of heavy cigarettes (I sat directly behind the driver). The van also initially looks sketchy because the signage on the van is a large magnet with the hotel logo on it (similar to a political candidate putting a magnet on their vehicle or one of those large magnets to support your favorite team). I don't want to call it a beat up van, but it looked like it could use a better first impression appearance combined with a magnet on the passenger door. The van did promptly pick me up at 0500 to leave the hotel for the airport.

I was surprised to see when I checked-in that the hotel still utilizes the old hotel key system with the holes in the key, not the modern electronic key card.

The carpet in the hallway on the 2nd floor (the location of my room) was old and needed to be replaced. The quality of the room was not what I remember. The bed was like sleeping on the floor and the pillows were there, but not much substance with them to sleep. A small, non-HD television is also in the room with the efficiency kitchen (Fridge, Microwave, Range).

The bathroom is also basic. Two pieces of bar soap, nothing else when it comes to toiletries in the room.

Even though it was cheap, close to the airport and fit my needs for about 6 hours of sleep before an early morning flight, I wouldn't stay here again. I can't imagine staying here for an extended period as the Extended StayAmerica (at 2730 Fortune Circle West, Indianapolis) suggests. The room didn't feel completely clean and the bed was not comfortable. Maybe I've stayed at too many Hampton Inns.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Cincinnati, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because we had a very early flight out of the Indianapolis airport. I'd stayed in other Extended Stays that were fairly nice, but this one is pretty gross. There was a definite smell in the room that was not at all pleasant and the hotel corridor was decorated with some ugly 70's-era carpet. The room wasn't particularly clean and there was no one at the front desk for check-out in the morning, so we just left the room keys on the counter because we didn't know what else to do.

Even for a breif overnight stay for an early flight, I wouldn't stay at this hotel again, no matter how inexpensive the rate is.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

Very impressed by how clean the hotel was, even the shower! Very clean kitchenette, refrigerator and sink. Comfortable beds and carpet clean enough to walk barefooted. I would highly recommend this hotel. Friendly staff and although it's by the airport, the building is well insulated, because I didn't here a one.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
SE Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

We stayed the night before a flight out of Indy. For less than we would have paid to park at the airport, we got a very clean, comfortable, quiet room and got to leave our car in a secure place foe 6 days! The free shuttle drop-off and pick-up was excellant. Everything about this stay was great.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport? Share your experiences!