“Suite was perfect for 4-Day Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park Here Fly There
Ranked #73 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Ilinois
“Suite was perfect for 4-Day Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My twenty-something son and I stayed here four nights during a track meet at IUPUI. It was spacious, with an extra room that included a pull-out couch. I shopped around and this Fairfield property definitely was the best value for a property that included a suite. There was a mini-refrigerator and microwave which were handy during our stay. I had the pool and fitness center to myself. Both were small but did the job. A suggestion for management is that the hotel participate in a recycling program. The property they manage across the parking has a recyling program so I walked over there to recycle items.

Note - The property will be undergoing a major renovation later this summer.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king size suite.
Green Features: Unfortunately, the hotel doesn't participate in a recycling program.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
kyla g, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We truly appreciate your comments, and are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. We do all we can to go above and beyond for our guests and it makes us so happy to hear such wonderful feedback. I agree that we should implement the recycle program at this hotel as well, and I will take action to see that this happens for the Fairfield Inn & Suites.

Kyla Griesemer

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place was what we needed after a long first day on what turned out to be a 3,000 mile trip.
We heard no airport noise other than one time. The entrance and lobby are typical of this brand.

It is a little hard to find, but there is an easy u-turn to get you back to their drive. Across the street from couple of restaurants.

Breakfast was fine, and everything was clean.

Green Features: All of the Marriott hotels are trying, these folks have all the signs up, but I did not see any recycling bins.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Used this location for an overnight stay prior to an early morning flight. Room was fine and in good working order. Did not have any issues. Left before breakfast so can't comment on the food. Good location near the airport and near main highway. I was able to have a restful night for an early flight the next morning. Booked again for same reason for upcoming trip through Indy

Room Tip: Research restaurants in the area before booking since this style of hotel has only the basic breakfa...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
charlotte
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I paid for two nights but left after one. Wall air conditioner barely worked pushing out warm air. Front desk stated they have that a lot. Staff was friendly and lobby was nice....it's really a motel that's a bit better than a dodgy place. I ended up paying twice as much (plus the stay here ) to ensure I got a great night sleep. If you need to pull your tractor trailer over and find a place to sleep...this is the best place for you. In fact, there's a Waffle House right in the parking lot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Everything was fine until check out. They processed my credit card when I checked in (never ever ever had this happened) I had two rooms. This threw me off when I went to check out and they told me I owed them MORE money. I asked why did u charge me the amount you did at check in and now charging me more. She called me manager over from the hotel next door. Both women were very rude very unprofessional. And treated me and my mother in law like we were scam artists or something. They claimed the amount they charged me will fall off by Wednesday but today is saturday. So in the mean time my bills will be held off because they are occupying money. I am so unhappy about this whole hotel stay I would never recommend this hotel. Breakfast was even nasty eggs where cold milk was frozen fruit was warm . If you have a choice stay else where.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Topeka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent location for our stay. Near the airport, family on the south side, and ready access to the Indy 500 raceway. One room had trouble with wet carpet and associated smells. Inn is tired but well maintained otherwise. It will be getting a total redo in July which is overdo.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Temecula, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have always been satisfied with staying at the Fairfield Inn chain. While our room was clean on arrival, it was not cleaned adequately during our stay. The first night some dry granola was spilled. On return to our room the carpet had not been vacuumed and the crumbs remained. The next day when we returned at 5:00 the room had not been cleaned. We did find a housekeeper to make up our room and were offered a discount on the room for that day. Another in our party had to have their room. Hanged due to a bad smell in the room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family