“My Stay in Indy!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol

You added Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol to your Saves list
Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Senate Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #24 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“My Stay in Indy!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel is in a great location to all the downtown events of Indianapolis, IN. The rooms are quite spacious, and the personnel there are helpful, the rooms are clean, and I had and overall great experience there. I would really recommend in the future this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
jenniferrichter, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Andre,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on our hotel! We aim to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel, and it sounds like we did just that during your stay with us. If your travels bring you back to Indianapolis, please feel free to contact me directly for assistance making reservations. Again, thank you very much for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol.

anne.moskol@whitelodging.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I am a lawyer based in Chicago and travel a lot. I have never written a review for a hotel before, but my experience here compelled me to share with you. In particular, Jason at the front desk is the most welcoming and courteous person I've ever met working at a hotel. And I've been to a lot of hotels. The rest of the staff was also very friendly. When I told Jason that my room had a wasp in it upon my arrival, he immediately offered to move me to a new room. I told him I would be back after dinner to switch rooms, but when I returned, Jason and the front office manager, Annie Moskol, had already moved all of my things to a large suite! When I got to my new room, a handwritten card and bottle of chilled champagne was waiting! Now that's service! Also, the rooms and showers are very clean with large flatscreen tvs. I will definitely stay here anytime I am in Indy.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience about our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am so sorry about the "extra visitor" in your guest room upon arrival, but I am glad we were able to take care of it right away. I am so thrilled to hear about how wonderful your stay was with us. If your travels bring you back to Indianapolis in the future, please feel free to contact me directly to assist with reservations! I would love for you to experience our outdoor courtyard area just outside the pool; it is an incredible space perfect for a relaxing afternoon.
Again, thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Between this Courtyard and the new one a few blocks away, I would definitely pick the other one. This one has a nice lobby, is clean and has good service but the location is by far not as convenient and the hotel feels dated. The air conditioned was on the noisier side.

Otherwise, it was a clean room just needs a bit of a refresh/update. The location is not as nice to walk around at night.

Dear SuperNaturalBC,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your experience at the Courtyard Capitol. I'm sorry that we did not meet or exceed your expectations during your stay with us. Although we are a few blocks further from the convention center than the Courtyard Downtown is, we do have a number of attractions nearby our property; such as the Indy Canal, the State Capitol, and IUPUI's campus. Thanks again for writing a review on TripAdvisor, and I do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was full, the phone was ringing, people needed let out of the parking lot, a guy was buying a bottle of water at the front desk, a large party wanted a restaurant recommendation....and Jason Cordell checked us in quickly and even arranged transportation for us for the next morning, while helping everyone else!! He was so nice and so professional and this Marriott is incredibly fortunate to have him! Three mornings later, he remembered that I would be having a very long and stressful day ahead of me, and he gave me a granola bar just so I'd have something to get my day going!! I will stay at this Marriott every time I travel to Indianapolis because of Jason!

• Stayed March 2013
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol and for taking the time to share your positive experience about Jason. Jason has been at the hotel for 5 years or so but has worked in hospitality for most of his career. He truly takes it upon himself to ensure that every guest enjoys their stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay because of him and I will pass your comments on to him and the rest of the team. We hope to see you again next time you are back in the area.
Jenny Richter
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Great location, close to the Capitol and the canal. Good service. Squeaky floors. That's a first for a Courtyard for me. Ask for the fourth floor to minimize the noise. We ate at the distillery across the street from the hotel. It was very homey and the food was wonderful. I left stuffed with their brisket sandwich and crispy fries.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Phil,
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard and for leaving a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay however I would like to apologize for the noise you experienced. I agree that the top floor of any hotel is by far the quietest. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed the distillery across the street. It is one of the oldest restaurants in downtown and the food and atmosphere is great. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you next time you are in Indy.
Jenny Richter
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stay in this hotel 8~10 times a year for business. The staff is great and Jason is always ready to help out. Parking is easy in and out. Accessible via walking to all downtown. Safe area next to canal which is a great walk.

Jeff,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that time and time again you choose to come back and stay with us. Also, I am happy to hear that you have found Jason to be extremely helpful during your visits. I will be sure to share your kind comments with him. If you ever need any assistance making reservations in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Spent 2 nights at this hotel on a business trip. Awesome place for both business travelers and families on vacation. Right near the canal with access to a lovely walking path and a short walk to downtown restaurants and attractions. Take a gondola ride for a really relaxing trip on the canal. Rooms are fabulous and the staff extremely helpful. Will definitely stay again when I'm in Indy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive review of the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Indianapolis Canal is an excellent feature of the downtown area, and it's located one block east of our hotel! There are excellent running paths on the Canal, as well as throughout the downtown area. Thanks again for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, I hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future!

anne.moskol@whitelodging.com

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol? Share your experiences!