“You can't go wrong staying here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Senate Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #28 of 182 hotels in Indianapolis
Rock Falls, Illinois
“You can't go wrong staying here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

A great place to stay with probably the best staff that I have ever encountered on a trip. This is a great location in a very nice area. The staff at the front desk, and the restaurant we're very helpful and very friendly. The hotel was vey clean and and well maintained. When we go back to Indianapolis I won't even look for other places to stay. This will be the one for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
jenniferrichter, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review on TripAdvisor. Our hotel aims to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel, and it sounds like we did just that during your visit to our property. Next time you come to visit us, please feel free to enjoy our outdoor courtyard area. The courtyard is located just outside the pool (use your room key to access it), and it is a lovely space for having a drink or some dinner, and relaxing. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist in future reservations!

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The staff at this courtyard clearly love what they do! They turned a business trip into a mini vacation for me.
I had the desk clerk Rachel knock on my door shortly after I checked in. She had a bottle of water, a few Aleve and a chocolate bar because I had mentioned that I had a headache and she wanted me to feel better. Wow!!!
I had a little trouble with my key working, not only were they on top of it but Anne followed me up to the room to make sure that it was fixed. I was also impressed with the kind respectful way she spoke to the maintenance engineer that worked on my lock. I knew it wasn't just for my sake when his response indicated that it was a frequent event.
Happy employees make for good customer service!
Oh yeah and I also got an email of apology from Anne for the short issue with my lock, wow!

Dear Carole,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm so sorry about the inconvenience with your door lock not functioning properly, but I am glad our team was able to resolve it in a timely manner. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the rest of our team. If your travels bring you back to Indianapolis in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to help make reservations.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Would give this 4.5 stars if I could (why no half stars Trip Advisor??) Price was very high for a Courtyard, not sure if this was b/c of the conventions. I normally stay @ the other Courtyard downtown, but it was booked b/c of a 4000 person convention. Decided to give this one a try- staff was very friendly & helpful, including the bistro. This spot isn't quite as centrally located downtown as the other location, but restaurants/bars etc are only a short 4 block walk (you need this anyways, ha). Like most locations, this has the new lobby & room upfit...everything is fresh & pretty clean. I thought workout room was tiny, but it's about standard these days- at least they have free weights. Even the in-room coffee is a bit better than the industry average (except for Westin). I would stay here again if needed, great job.

One quick gripe w/ Marriott in general, they act like they are very sensitive to the environment, but they continue to use the super-landfill-polluting mini shampoo/conditioner/lotion bottles. They should rethink this, being that their thousands of locations are adding millions of those to landfills every year.

Dear Pinothound,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and was able to dine in the bistro during your visit. I do apologize, I do not have an exact answer with what happens with the empty shampoo and lotion bottles. I do know that Marriott has a number of goals to become more sustainable. Our property specifically is green by offering guests the option to reuse linen in their guest room, and if linen is left on the floor we will replace it for them. This way, we hope to reduce energy and water consumption by 20%. If you have any questions, or would like to make future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came to Indy to spend the weekend before our anniversary together! Since I will be working on our anniversary. The room was very spacious and the staff was very friendly! Also this is a great location for where ever you want to go while you are here! Loved our stay and we will be returning the next time we are in indianapolis

• Stayed April 2013
Chad and Heather,

Congratulations on your Anniversary! I am so thrilled to hear you chose to spend your special occasion at our hotel. I will be sure to share with our staff your comments about your positive experience with us. If your travels bring you back to downtown Indy in the future, please feel free to contact me directly for assistance in making reservations.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've stayed here before and would absolutely stay again. The bistro and ease of computer access (and free printing and wireless) make this a great spot for business travel. You can work over food or a cocktail. The rooms are comfortable and offer an outlet connected to the lamp near the bed (again, another key element to business travel in my opinion). My room was right near the ice machine which I couldn't hear unless I was near the sink. Staff are super helpful as well. If a leisurely trip brought me to Indianapolis this would be the top of my list as well.

With regard to location, as others have noted the hotel is close to IUPUI, but not near much else. For a taxi ride between $10 - $15 you can get to various areas of Indianapolis for dinner options.

For those with food sensitivities - the bistro offers soy milk for coffee.

Dear Tilrose,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us so much. Our guest rooms and lobby are designed specifically so our guests will be able to work and play simultaneously. Our complimentary wireless internet is accessible anywhere in our building, and our business center is available 24/7. Again, thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us! If your travels bring you back to Indianapolis in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with assistance making reservations.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hotel was convenient for location of large swim meet on IUPUI's campus. Location isn't very convenient for walking to many restaurants or bars. Breakfast was great at the bistro, just enough options. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, willing to do anything to help. One complaint is that the walls seemed to be very thin. I could ear full conversations of individuals in the hallways not speaking very loud.

Room Tip: pick one towards the end of the hallway where most foot traffic will not occur
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Erica,

Thank you very much for your feedback about the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol. I apologize about the noise level during your visit, but am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and was able to dine in the Bistro. Our hotel is conveniently located nearby IUPUI's Natatorium, and it takes about 10 minutes to walk there from your guest room.
Again, thank you for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor! We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in late March 2013 for business.

Above Expectations:
(+) Location. (Very close to all downtown venues)
(+) Room. (Well-designed. Comfortable. Flat-screen tv w/ HBO)

Expected (for better or worse):
(^^) Staff. (Generally courteous and attentive)
(^^) Internet. (Also, F-R-E-E)

Below Expectations:
(-) Food. (Breakfast offerings are $$$)
(-) Exercise Room. (Small. Machines need service)
(-) Parking. ($19 per night - plenty of space?)
(-) Price. ($200/nt. for a Courtyard?)

Note: This was a pleasant trip for me - mostly due to the professional demeanor of the Courtyard staff. $200 a night + $19 parking was on the high side; however, I stayed during the week of: NCAA basketball regionals, NCAA swimming competition, and NSBE convention.

Advice: Skip the over-priced breakfast "bistro" in the lobby and head about 1.5 blocks over to Le Peep (http://www.lepeep.com/) for excellent breakfast fare.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear MemphisMQT,

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us on TripAdvisor. Because we are located so conveniently to the Downtown Indianapolis area, we do have a parking charge of $19. However, out of all of the Marriott properties downtown, we are the least expensive when it comes to parking. If your future travels bring you back to Indianapolis, please feel free to contact me directly to assist in making reservations!

anne.moskol@whitelodging.com

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol? Share your experiences!