Stayed at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol for 3 nights in December 2012 (check-in Thursday / check-out Sunday).
- The cost -- We ended up getting a parking + breakfast for family deal thru marriott.com which was $104+tax US per night. The parking is usually $19 per day and the breakfast would have cost $40 US per day meaning the room ended up really being approx. $44+tax per night. The breakfast was decent with various options (we always got scrambled eggs + bacon + toast and fruit + starbucks coffee) - kids portion was slightly smaller with adult sized juice.
- The (relative) location -- While the hotel is on the outskirts of the downtown core, it is still within reasonable distance to various venues (we walked to Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Lucas Oil Field, Circle Centre Mall, Convention Centre, and Monument Circle)
- Room size was relatively good -- The hotel appears to have been refreshed recently and the room looked very modern -- The pictures on the marriott website accurately reflect the feel/decor.
- Free Internet (both wi-fi for your own devices and also by way of computers set up in the lobby with access to printer)
- The service was exceptional -- Jason at the front desk was great. He was very helpful, professional and friendly. He made recommendations for things to do (along with print outs), gave us maps and directions and also made a few restaurant recommendations based on what we told him we were looking for. He also gave my kids some juice after a long road trip. Thanks again Jason! The rest of the staff were also very friendly and helpful.
- It is not connected to the convention centre -- This was not an issue for me.
- Everything looks fantastic with the refresh of the hotel -- The last touch I hope they complete is a refresh of the pool / hot tub area. It is the only thing that seemed a bit dated and not in line with the rest of the hotel. It is more than adequate mind you (my kids spent hours in the pool), just not as nice as the rest of the hotel.
Overall, I was very satisfied with Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others depending on what you are looking for.
We liked the ground floor rooms because of the access to the pool and breakfast area.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience at our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Also, thank you for your suggestion about refreshing the pool area-- I will absolutely pass this information on to the rest of our team at the Courtyard Capitol. If your travels bring you back to Indianapolis in the future, please feel free to contact me directly to assist with making reservations! It would be my pleasure to help.
Report response as inappropriate
Front Office Manager
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.