“good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Senate Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #29 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
Cleveland, Ohio
“good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

spent two nights here. very comfortable. check-in was quick. rooms are clean, comfortable, up to date. staff was very friendly. grill is decent - bit pricey but no major complaints. easy walking distance to downtown. nice self parking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Jon S,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was friendly. We hope to see you again if you are in Indianapolis.

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed one night on January 18,2013 to enjoy downtown Indianapolis and go to a show on Saturday. The hotel is located close to downtown. A cab ride for those without a car is only $5.00 one way. If you have a car you can park in the Circle City Mall parking garage for a maximum of $12 and walk to all restaurants and everything else downtown. A big bargain.

The room was very comfortable. Staff were very helpful in finding places we wanted to see. Ground parking at the hotel is $19 per day. We were disappointed that a breakfast was not included. However, coffee was free and they had muffins to purchase.

We would use the hotel again for staying downtown Indianapolis. In warm weather you have very close access to walk along the canal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the east side of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Capitol. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. The canal is one of my favorite areas in downtown. If you do have the opportunity to visit in the summer I am positive that you would love walking that area. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you this summer.
Powell, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The facility was great (clean and comfortable) and all but one of the staff members were very welcoming and friendly. We didn't know that breakfast was over at 9:30 am on Friday, and we showed up with two young children to eat at 9:29 am. It was taking us some time to order because the staff member did not speak very good Englsh and her communication about our breakfast options was unclear. When we finally had an adequate understanding, and were trying to get everyone's order in, she rudely reminded us that breakfast was over at 9:30 am. This was in great contrast to all other employees we came in to contact with. When we had arrived the night before, one of the staff members offered to make us fresh popcorn, and then another one voluntarily called our room when it was ready! I would definitely go back. It was my impression that this is an excellent hotel, with one person who needs to improve her communication and customer service skills.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I would like to apologize for the service that you received in the Bistro. We strive to provide excellent service to our guests and I feel terrible that you were treated that way at breakfast. I will personally speak with the Bistro team about the situation. If there is anything else that I can do for you, please feel free to email me at jennifer.richter@whitelodging.com. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Indy.

toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol for 3 nights in December 2012 (check-in Thursday / check-out Sunday).

Pros:

- The cost -- We ended up getting a parking + breakfast for family deal thru marriott.com which was $104+tax US per night. The parking is usually $19 per day and the breakfast would have cost $40 US per day meaning the room ended up really being approx. $44+tax per night. The breakfast was decent with various options (we always got scrambled eggs + bacon + toast and fruit + starbucks coffee) - kids portion was slightly smaller with adult sized juice.

- The (relative) location -- While the hotel is on the outskirts of the downtown core, it is still within reasonable distance to various venues (we walked to Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Lucas Oil Field, Circle Centre Mall, Convention Centre, and Monument Circle)

- Room size was relatively good -- The hotel appears to have been refreshed recently and the room looked very modern -- The pictures on the marriott website accurately reflect the feel/decor.

- Free Internet (both wi-fi for your own devices and also by way of computers set up in the lobby with access to printer)

- The service was exceptional -- Jason at the front desk was great. He was very helpful, professional and friendly. He made recommendations for things to do (along with print outs), gave us maps and directions and also made a few restaurant recommendations based on what we told him we were looking for. He also gave my kids some juice after a long road trip. Thanks again Jason! The rest of the staff were also very friendly and helpful.

Cons:

- It is not connected to the convention centre -- This was not an issue for me.

- Everything looks fantastic with the refresh of the hotel -- The last touch I hope they complete is a refresh of the pool / hot tub area. It is the only thing that seemed a bit dated and not in line with the rest of the hotel. It is more than adequate mind you (my kids spent hours in the pool), just not as nice as the rest of the hotel.

Overall, I was very satisfied with Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others depending on what you are looking for.

Room Tip: We liked the ground floor rooms because of the access to the pool and breakfast area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience at our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Also, thank you for your suggestion about refreshing the pool area-- I will absolutely pass this information on to the rest of our team at the Courtyard Capitol. If your travels bring you back to Indianapolis in the future, please feel free to contact me directly to assist with making reservations! It would be my pleasure to help.

Warmest regards,

Danville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I can overlook some things in a hotel. This one first I found a skittle , then a price tag. I was stressing out , but decided to overlook these since they are not to bad. When we were getting ready for bed I went into the restroom, only to see a LONG black hair stuck to my foot. ( I have short blonde hair) I was so grossed out. My husband was tired & didn' t want to deal with it. Myself, I was more than ready to leave. Then my cell phone charger came up missing when we got home, ( think my husband knocked it out of suitcase) I called them & stayed on hold for 20 min. They came back after 17 min, & was oh yea let me check lost & found. They forgot about me on the phone it shouldn't take me being on the phone total 23 min to get a answer.
The pillows were awful! No support what so ever. The lobby was nice, the room not so much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Tammy,

Again, I would like to apologize about the poor experience you had with us. I have shared your feedback with my team and I can assure you that action is being taken to improve. Meeting and exceeding our guests expectations is our main goal and I am extremely apologetic that we were unable to meet your expectations with us this visit. As I said to you previously, please feel free to contact me directly if you have any more feedback or would like to make a reservation in the future. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

317-405-6233- direct line
Bremen, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Courtyard by Marriott at the Captiol was a WONDERFUL getaway! We were able to walk everywhere. The hotel was very clean, and the staff VERY friendly and helpful! The only compaints we would have is, the whirlpool's jets were not very forceful, and you have to pay to park.

Room Tip: we had a room that was at the end of the hall which helped with noise control.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol and for taking the time to leave a comment. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff was so friendly and helpful. I would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction with paying for parking however all of the hotels in downtown do charge for parking. We do pride ourselves on being the most affordable option in downtown though. Again, I am happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you next time you are in Indianapolis.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This Courtyard is located about three blocks or a 12 mintue walk from the convention center. The hotel offers larger rooms for a slight upgrade in price. The extended kings are very nice providing more room plus a fridge and microwave. The rooms were very clean and comfortable with flawless wifi which is important for the business traveler. The hotel offers cooked to order breakfast, limited dinner and has a complete Starbucks. Meals are not included in the room rate unless you op for that rate. Warm cookies await you every night when you return to the hotel. This hotel has one of the new Courtyard lobbies with the open concept. The staff was very nice and helpful with local information.

Room Tip: Ask for the extended King
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your warm experience at the Courtyard Capitol! I am glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. One thing I am very proud of about our Courtyard is it's location in Indianapolis-- I believe every downtown attraction is walkable from our location. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to make a reservation in the future!

Thanks again,

anne.moskol@whitelodging.com

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol? Share your experiences!