“Exceeded Expectations - Excellent lower priced option for families” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol

You added Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol to your Saves list
Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North Senate Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #34 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
toronto
“Exceeded Expectations - Excellent lower priced option for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol for 3 nights in December 2012 (check-in Thursday / check-out Sunday).

Pros:

- The cost -- We ended up getting a parking + breakfast for family deal thru marriott.com which was $104+tax US per night. The parking is usually $19 per day and the breakfast would have cost $40 US per day meaning the room ended up really being approx. $44+tax per night. The breakfast was decent with various options (we always got scrambled eggs + bacon + toast and fruit + starbucks coffee) - kids portion was slightly smaller with adult sized juice.

- The (relative) location -- While the hotel is on the outskirts of the downtown core, it is still within reasonable distance to various venues (we walked to Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Lucas Oil Field, Circle Centre Mall, Convention Centre, and Monument Circle)

- Room size was relatively good -- The hotel appears to have been refreshed recently and the room looked very modern -- The pictures on the marriott website accurately reflect the feel/decor.

- Free Internet (both wi-fi for your own devices and also by way of computers set up in the lobby with access to printer)

- The service was exceptional -- Jason at the front desk was great. He was very helpful, professional and friendly. He made recommendations for things to do (along with print outs), gave us maps and directions and also made a few restaurant recommendations based on what we told him we were looking for. He also gave my kids some juice after a long road trip. Thanks again Jason! The rest of the staff were also very friendly and helpful.

Cons:

- It is not connected to the convention centre -- This was not an issue for me.

- Everything looks fantastic with the refresh of the hotel -- The last touch I hope they complete is a refresh of the pool / hot tub area. It is the only thing that seemed a bit dated and not in line with the rest of the hotel. It is more than adequate mind you (my kids spent hours in the pool), just not as nice as the rest of the hotel.

Overall, I was very satisfied with Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others depending on what you are looking for.

Room Tip: We liked the ground floor rooms because of the access to the pool and breakfast area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience at our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Also, thank you for your suggestion about refreshing the pool area-- I will absolutely pass this information on to the rest of our team at the Courtyard Capitol. If your travels bring you back to Indianapolis in the future, please feel free to contact me directly to assist with making reservations! It would be my pleasure to help.

Warmest regards,

anne.moskol@whitelodging.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Danville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I can overlook some things in a hotel. This one first I found a skittle , then a price tag. I was stressing out , but decided to overlook these since they are not to bad. When we were getting ready for bed I went into the restroom, only to see a LONG black hair stuck to my foot. ( I have short blonde hair) I was so grossed out. My husband was tired & didn' t want to deal with it. Myself, I was more than ready to leave. Then my cell phone charger came up missing when we got home, ( think my husband knocked it out of suitcase) I called them & stayed on hold for 20 min. They came back after 17 min, & was oh yea let me check lost & found. They forgot about me on the phone it shouldn't take me being on the phone total 23 min to get a answer.
The pillows were awful! No support what so ever. The lobby was nice, the room not so much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Tammy,

Again, I would like to apologize about the poor experience you had with us. I have shared your feedback with my team and I can assure you that action is being taken to improve. Meeting and exceeding our guests expectations is our main goal and I am extremely apologetic that we were unable to meet your expectations with us this visit. As I said to you previously, please feel free to contact me directly if you have any more feedback or would like to make a reservation in the future. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

317-405-6233- direct line
Bremen, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Courtyard by Marriott at the Captiol was a WONDERFUL getaway! We were able to walk everywhere. The hotel was very clean, and the staff VERY friendly and helpful! The only compaints we would have is, the whirlpool's jets were not very forceful, and you have to pay to park.

Room Tip: we had a room that was at the end of the hall which helped with noise control.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol and for taking the time to leave a comment. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff was so friendly and helpful. I would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction with paying for parking however all of the hotels in downtown do charge for parking. We do pride ourselves on being the most affordable option in downtown though. Again, I am happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you next time you are in Indianapolis.
Jenny Richter
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This Courtyard is located about three blocks or a 12 mintue walk from the convention center. The hotel offers larger rooms for a slight upgrade in price. The extended kings are very nice providing more room plus a fridge and microwave. The rooms were very clean and comfortable with flawless wifi which is important for the business traveler. The hotel offers cooked to order breakfast, limited dinner and has a complete Starbucks. Meals are not included in the room rate unless you op for that rate. Warm cookies await you every night when you return to the hotel. This hotel has one of the new Courtyard lobbies with the open concept. The staff was very nice and helpful with local information.

Room Tip: Ask for the extended King
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your warm experience at the Courtyard Capitol! I am glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. One thing I am very proud of about our Courtyard is it's location in Indianapolis-- I believe every downtown attraction is walkable from our location. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to make a reservation in the future!

Thanks again,

Lawrenceburg, in
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Cant say enought about the property, a fresh remodel, lobby and rooms, A fantastic staff experence at check in and very helpful and responsive to my requests. Now the problem, which is just my opion. This courtyard, like most suburban CY Marriotts, has a flat lot around it. They share the LARGE double lot with the ajoining Marriott property. They have opted to fence the lot and charge 19.00 a night to park. REALLY.. I felt like a masked bandit had held me up. They do thie because they can. NO on street options or other close public parking allows them to do this. Go, stay and enjoy this nice property, but be aware the the no-valet, outdoor flat lot is about to be expensive!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your previous stay with us! It is true that we do charge a $19 per day parking fee but it is because we are located so conventiently to the downtown area. Out of all the Marriott properties downtown we are proud to say that we are the least expensive option. There is street parking available but the meters do have to be replenished every two hours during the day. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back in the future; please feel free to contact me directly if your travels bring you back to Indianapolis.

East Lansing, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Excellent location for downtown Indianapolis activities, and the staff was great. Very large rooms. Nice breakfast options, although not complimentary as at some other locations. Overall, great, especially at a very reasonable rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the Courtyard Capitol. Our bistro offers a variety of options for breakfast, ranging from yogurt and granola to french toast, eggs and bacon. Since we installed the bistro we no longer offer a complimentary continental breakfast, but we are now also open for dinner from 5-10 pm every night with dinner items and a full bar. If you would like to make reservations in the future, please feel free to contact me directly. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Thanks again,

Mattoon, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was clean, quiet, and the staff was very friendly. I have no complaints, but a few suggestions for management. First, we wanted to walk to dinner which was less than a mile away. When asking the front desk for directions we were informed it was quite a distance away and due to the cold we should take a cab. Not only was it within walking distance, the route was all indoors. Secondly, you need better event planning. Event had Skywalk blocked and you were detoured downstairs. Which would be fine, if it was not right through the middle of a wedding reception. We just thought that was a little rude. Other than that, everything was great!

Room Tip: We choose lower level, but if you want a view you must have a higher room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Abaldwin76,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with our friends at the Courtyard Downtown! Although our Courtyard property is not the one connected to Marriott Place, we are just a ten minute walk away! If your travels bring you back to Indianapolis in the future I hope to welcome you to the Courtyard Capitol.

Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol? Share your experiences!