Stayed at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol for 3 nights in December 2012 (check-in Thursday / check-out Sunday).
- The cost -- We ended up getting a parking + breakfast for family deal thru marriott.com which was $104+tax US per night. The parking is usually $19 per day and the breakfast would have cost $40 US per day meaning the room ended up really being approx. $44+tax per night. The breakfast was decent with various options (we always got scrambled eggs + bacon + toast and fruit + starbucks coffee) - kids portion was slightly smaller with adult sized juice.
- The (relative) location -- While the hotel is on the outskirts of the downtown core, it is still within reasonable distance to various venues (we walked to Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Lucas Oil Field, Circle Centre Mall, Convention Centre, and Monument Circle)
- Room size was relatively good -- The hotel appears to have been refreshed recently and the room looked very modern -- The pictures on the marriott website accurately reflect the feel/decor.
- Free Internet (both wi-fi for your own devices and also by way of computers set up in the lobby with access to printer)
- The service was exceptional -- Jason at the front desk was great. He was very helpful, professional and friendly. He made recommendations for things to do (along with print outs), gave us maps and directions and also made a few restaurant recommendations based on what we told him we were looking for. He also gave my kids some juice after a long road trip. Thanks again Jason! The rest of the staff were also very friendly and helpful.
- It is not connected to the convention centre -- This was not an issue for me.
- Everything looks fantastic with the refresh of the hotel -- The last touch I hope they complete is a refresh of the pool / hot tub area. It is the only thing that seemed a bit dated and not in line with the rest of the hotel. It is more than adequate mind you (my kids spent hours in the pool), just not as nice as the rest of the hotel.
Overall, I was very satisfied with Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others depending on what you are looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stand-out among hotels in downtown Indianapolis, the renovated Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol is located on Senate Avenue right behind the State Capitol Building and the Indiana Government Center. Guests also appreciate our location within walking distance to the Indiana Convention Center, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Circle Center Mall and IUPUI. Our open lobby space and renovated guest rooms feature the modern conveniences today's traveler has come to expect. Enjoy our onsite Bistro with lounge seating and full bar, interactive touchscreen GoBoard in the lobby as well as private media pods with personal TVs, a 24 hr. Market and boarding pass printing station. The Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol has space and flexibility unmatched by other hotels in downtown Indianapolis to help you make the most of every travel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Indianapolis At The Capitol Hotel Indianapolis
- Courtyard Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Marriott
- Indianapolis Courtyard