Read some reviews and decided to chance staying here with our two young kids. We were very pleasantly surprised with our accomodations. We loved the option of the full kitchen and our kids loved sleeping on the "L-shaped crazy couch!" We also appreciated the kitchen that was stocked with what we needed in regards to place settings so we could just take food back to the hotel to eat when the kids were finished with their day. The breakfast was amazing both days (lots of options for adults and for little ones) and the complimentary drinks were a nice surprise for mom and dad after a long day of travelling and sight-seeing with the kids. I also felt that we were conventiently located. We also like that the canal was right there so we were able to spend some time on the deck just watching the canal activities. However, we were pretty disappointed that while we were there, we weren't told that the hot tub wasn't open--it was all sectioned off with plastic which made being in the swimming area not so pleasant. And with the swimming area being pretty tiny already (I mean, this is a city hotel, the pool area isn't spectacular... But it is clean and stocked with towels), it made the family swim time not so fun.
Have recommended this hotel to family/friends and would stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal is the only hotel in downtown Indianapolis on the Historic Canal and the newest product in downtown Indy with our recent 2012 renovations! Be the first to experience our modern look, high-tech amenities and beautiful views. Our Indy hotel on the Canal provides apartment-style suites with full kitchens, free WiFi, separate living areas and 32” flat-screen TVs. Enjoy complimentary grocery shopping service, free daily breakfast buffet and evening social hour plus the least expensive parking in downtown. From our balcony and terrace overlooking the Canal to our location just minutes from Lucas Oil Stadium, State Capitol and White River State Park, our pet-friendly Indy hotel on the Canal is perfectly positioned for great extended stays. Be sure to take a stroll on the adjacent running/walking path right outside our doors, rent a paddleboat, bike, Segway or feed the ducks! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown On The Canal Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Residence Inn