“Great/Convenient for family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal to your Saves list
Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 W New York Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #7 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Holland, Michigan
“Great/Convenient for family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Read some reviews and decided to chance staying here with our two young kids. We were very pleasantly surprised with our accomodations. We loved the option of the full kitchen and our kids loved sleeping on the "L-shaped crazy couch!" We also appreciated the kitchen that was stocked with what we needed in regards to place settings so we could just take food back to the hotel to eat when the kids were finished with their day. The breakfast was amazing both days (lots of options for adults and for little ones) and the complimentary drinks were a nice surprise for mom and dad after a long day of travelling and sight-seeing with the kids. I also felt that we were conventiently located. We also like that the canal was right there so we were able to spend some time on the deck just watching the canal activities. However, we were pretty disappointed that while we were there, we weren't told that the hot tub wasn't open--it was all sectioned off with plastic which made being in the swimming area not so pleasant. And with the swimming area being pretty tiny already (I mean, this is a city hotel, the pool area isn't spectacular... But it is clean and stocked with towels), it made the family swim time not so fun.

Have recommended this hotel to family/friends and would stay again

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have stayed here several times on business trips of 4-5 days. I appreciate the spacious rooms with enough area to spread out and work. Full size fridge, range, microwave and dishes if you want to do your own cooking. Fresh, plentiful breakfast and evening managers reception with light dinner, beer and wine if you don't want to cook. Tidy fitness center and the swimming pool is large for a hotel. Located right on a canal that is great for walking running, biking. Walking distance to everything downtown and the White River State Park. The staff is very friendly and the single time I had a problem they bent over backwards to set things right. Overall, I felt like I was staying in a corporate apartment that included daily maid service and breakfast/dinner!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We booked this hotel for a girls night. It was clean, well maintained and in a great location. We were able to grab a taxi and get to where we needed to go for about $5.00. Check-in was quick and the room was comfortable. We enjoyed sitting outside over looking the canal. The breakfast the next morning was delicious.

Room Tip: Canal view is very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Peru, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The room was great with no outside noise and the view on the canal was wonderful. Walking distance to all Whitewater canal attractions. Extremely helpful staff. Locked doors on the canal insured safety.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Madison, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

if you are looking for luxury stay elsewhere - if you are looking for a reasonable priced, 2 room suite that includes a pool for the kids, free breakfast and a good location then this is it! It's close enough to walk to the city's circle (take a stroller if you have a little one) and right on the canal. The kids had a great time feeding the ducks and riding a paddle boat, we had lunch steps away on the canal at the history museum and we enjoyed breakfast and happy hour at the hotel outside on the 2nd flr deck overlooking the canal. This place is not flawless but what hotel outside 4 stars is - My only big complaint would be the loud A/C that woke us up frequently throughout the night, however it is possible this was an isolated issue since we had stayed at this property previously and did not have a problem. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We stay in a number of all suite properties with our kids and this is one of our favs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sewell, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was there in June. I agree that rooms are nice and big, and that the location is very convenient.
The A/C system is not efficient, and it is extremely loud. I was asked to move twice during my stay because the A/C in both rooms was not working. The second time this happened it stopped working close to 1 am, and I was woken up by unusual noise and vibration from the A/C unit. The hotel is understaffed during the night hours (the days I was there, only one employee was there during the night), and they have no maintenance personnel available either. Both times, I was asked to move to a different room since the front desk could not send someone to try to fix the problem. The first time, I had to move myself, the front desk employee was alone and could not leave his post to either bring me the new key or to help me move.
Another problem I had is that one of the rooms that I occupied smelled like wet dog. It is great that the hotel is pet friendly but I question how clean they keep those carpets.
I would not recommend this hotel for people on business.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Crown City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed l night here on our way to Chicago. My family loves water, it was GREAT. We rented bikes & paddle boats our grand kids loved it. The room was nice size overlooking the canal. Would recommend it again. Only minus I saw was the pool area was very outdated.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal? Share your experiences!