“Great Place and Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal

You added Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal to your Saves list
Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 W New York Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
NY
“Great Place and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Been to Indi a handful of times and this by far has been the best place we have stayed at. With a wife and two kids (1 and 3) this time I figured I would step up the room and requests. Of course the stay cost 20,000 points but it was worth every point. We got a two room suite right on the canal. Location of hotel in heart of city was perfect and the hotel was not more than 10 minutes of the I-70. Service was amazing as all of my requests were completed prior to us showing and especially with two little kids, the transition from car to room can be hectic but here it was not. Nightly happy hour is a plus and the pool was fantastic. Parking would of been expensive but it was free due to the holidays they said.

We will be staying at this place again.

Room Tip: Put your requests in early and if you want a water view ask for a canal view. It goes down the cent...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnCanal, Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
I am so incredibly happy to read that you and your family by far consider the Residence Inn on the Canal to be your favorite hotel in the area. I'm glad that you noticed all of your requests were taken care of before your arrival- our front desk team meticulously combs over our arrivals reports every day and works with housekeeping to ensure such requests are met and that each guest is given the room that will best suit their needs.

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel, and I hope that we will be able to welcome you to Indianapolis again soon!

Katherine.Boehner@WhiteLodging.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed on December18th for my birthday and was so pleased with the hotel. The rooms were so spacious and clean! We had trouble with some other guests and Jeanne from the front desk helped us. she gave me popcorn and ice cream for my birthday. I will never forget my stay because of Jeanne. Overall I recommend staying here; the view, service and amenities were phenomenal!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
First of all, happy birthday! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Jeanne made an impact on your stay. She is truly a gem. Please come visit us soon, and thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor!

Chicago, L
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn for one night in October when we attended the Circle City Classic. The Residence Inn was a great location for that, as we were able to walk to Lucas Oil Stadium and downtown. It was wonderful to sit out on their common deck and look over the canal. It was very peaceful to watch all of the walkers, joggers, and paddle boaters go by. So if you are looking for location, this is a great choice. The room was nice - which you would typically expect of a Residence Inn. The room was clean and nicely appointed. (I always appreciate having a kitchen to store restaurant left-overs.) The only negative for the room was the bed. It was waaay too firm for me. I usually can sleep on any bed that Is clean and relatively comfy, but I certainly did not get a good night sleep there.

Also, the free breakfast was decent, but not great. It was a very busy Sunday morning and it was difficult to find a clean place to eat and hot food. I think that the breakfast experience would have benefitted from one or two more people on duty to clean the dining room and keep the hot food properly stocked.

My last comment is that the front desk staff was great. Even though we had already checked out, I was waiting around to meet with friends who live in Indy. I was very appreciative that the staff did not shoo me out or make us feel uncomfortable. One young lady (I wish I could remember her name) was particularly welcoming. She just oozed hospitality. I told her that she was born to work with guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnCanal, Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I cannot thank you enough for your thoughtful review of your time at the Residnce Inn on the Canal this autumn. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our location, suite cleanliness, and especially our staff. I am actually incredibly humbled because I specifically remember you, your husband, and your kind words as I worked the front desk that morning. Talk about making someone's day!

However, the entirety of our staff performs an exceptional level of service and I am proud to be part of such a team. The genuine care aspect of our hotel is what continues to drive our success in Indianapolis. Additionally, I would like to apologize for your sleep discomfort. All of our mattresses are of high-quality Marriott standard, but of course, each has its own personality. If ever you return to Indianapolis, we would be happy to fit you to a suite that best suits your needs. I am also happy to report that we are more proactively scheduling breakfast in order to accommodate high-demand hours.

Again, thank you so much for your review, and I hope that we will see you next year for the Circle City Classic. Better yet- come visit sooner! Please let me know if there is anything with which I can assist you, and have a wonderful week!

denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is a nice Residence Inn and the manager was very helpful and provided great service. The only negative is its not in the heart of downtown which isn't a big deal except in the winter. Thanks for a nice stay and keep on smiling!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnCanal, Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your short and sweet review, especially regarding service! We work intently on providing the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Indianapois, so I hope that you can come to rely on us for an excellent experience.

It is worth noting to future guests that to most, our location is far from negative. The canal is actually a state park in Indianapolis, and we are the only hotel located directly on it! The canal area is only steps away from the hustle and bustle of Indy, and the majority of our guests prefer our location due to the inherant benefits. I can however empathize if one were to walk throughout any part of the city during winter storms- any step is too far!

Again, thank you so much for both your stay and your review. We hope to see you soon!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here for a mid-week family get-away and had a great time. The hotel is easily accessible and has a shared parking (pay lot, though) with another Marriott property. Our room was a bedroom suite, which means we had a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchenette-living area. Furniture was surprisingly comfortable, kitchen appliances and amenities were very convenient, view of the canal was beautiful, and the pool was just what you'd expect for a hotel pool. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was great too; eggs, waffles, breakfast sandwiches, along with a full range of cereals, fruits, coffee, breads, etc... Staff at the hotel were outstanding and very friendly. This is property is about 1/2 mile from Circle Center mall, which is very convenient, too.

We will definitely stay here for our next downtown Indy get-away! Great location, great accommodations, great staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a canal view!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing a review on TripAdvisor. I am absolutely delighted to read all of yoru kind words regarding our location, breakfast, view, accommodations, and closest to my heart- our staff! I genuinely hope that we can welcome you back to Indy soon, and please let me know if I can do anything for you directly.

Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

My daughter, 6 month old Grandson and myself have been staying at the Marriott Residence Inn in downtown Indianapolis. The entire stay will last almost 6 weeks. In this amount of time you will be able to see everything a hotel has to offer. I must say that I have never experienced such incredible customer service at any other hotel in my life. These people have gone way beyond and above every expectation you could have. While traveling with a baby for the first time you never know everything you will need until you get there. The Residence Inn has personally seen to each of the requests we have presented and I must say with such great dispositions. The maid service is efficient, clean and thorough. The dining area is always clean and the food is hot and ready at the appointed times they advertise. Of course you get attached to people at the front desk as you come and go through the lobby in a 6 week stay......Cherie has been amazing to us. Of course I couldn't say there was a less than perfect one on the entire staff but Cherie has seen to some personal issues we needed and I have been so appreciative to her for that. If you are in this area, please look these people up. You will not be sorry you stayed in a hotel that treats you like family. We will be forever grateful for all that they have done to accommodate us while we were away from home for so long. Thank you so very much. Angie Hall

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnCanal, Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Anytime a guest takes time out of their day to review our hotel is appreciated, but such a glowing review of an extended-stay is even more meaningful. I am delighted to hear that you are enjoying our staff service, the cleanliness of our rooms, and our food options. I cannot say it enough times- I completely agree with your review of Cherie. I endlessly admire her demeanor with both guests and associates and I am thrilled that you have enjoyed her as well.

Please let us know how we can continue to serve you, and again, thank you so much for writing a review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate it as we appreciate you staying with us.

Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The good:
We loved the setting of this hotel on the canal. We loved our big room with a kitchen area. We did love that the windows opened all the way to get fresh air. The breakfast was very good. the front desk staff was great.

The bad:
The bed was very lumpy and not comfortable. The couch was stained and not super comfy. No restaurants are very close. You can walk a few blocks into town, but there's nothing convenient nearby. No convenience store or grocery store close by, either.

Overall, it is a good value for the room, though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnCanal, Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you greatly for writing us a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate that you took the time to leave us feedback as it is vital to our continuous improvement. I'm especially glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, room, and staff service. I would, however, like to apologize for any disappointment faced during your stay. I would be happy to discuss further with you in order to see exactly which room you were in to identify if any of our furniture is not in excellent condition.

It is worth noting to our future guests that while the canal is not located directly next to the circle, is it only about a 5 minute walk to the monument and many stores and restaurants. Directly across the street from us is one of my favorite restaurants in Indianapolis, a locally-owned hole in the wall with delicious food and a beautiful patio. We are also next door neighbors to an Italian bistro on the canal for a quicker option. As far as the grocery store, Indianapolis unfortunately only has one located on Mass Ave which is not close to any hotels. However, I am happy to report that a brand new grocery is currently under construction across the street from our hotel, and the best icing on the cake:

Our grocery service! Drop your grocery list off by 9:00am, and one of our mangers would be delighted to have your items in your room for you later that day. Again, I sincerely apologize for any disappointments faced, but please feel free to contact me for further discussion, and I hope that was able to provide some ideas for your next visit!

Katherine.Boehner@WhiteLodging.com

Been to Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal? Share your experiences!