First time to Indy for a conference and I had a very nice stay at this property. The staff at the front desk was helpful and pleasant. Room was more than I needed for the purpose of my trip, but I am never one to turn down more. The room was clean, included a fully equipped kitchen and quiet. The hotel was very busy because of the marathon as another review has suggested, but you would have never known it because it was so quiet.
Breakfast in the AM was a nice unexpected surprise and I do seem to recall there being cookies one afternoon - which again is one of those things that do not take a lot of effort - but really go a long way in differentiating. In another property, something like that would have been charged to my room and in the day and age where you are nickelled and dimed for everything else, this was another welcome treat.
Located right on the canal, it would seem ideally suited for families with children, although the kids may be more interested in trying to swim with the large number of ducks who call the canal their home. Saw lots of families feeding them - and based on their size - something the ducks have come to expect.
RUNNERS- this is a great location because of its safe route and lack of having to dodge traffic. If you start out of the bottom floor (canal level) and turn right and follow the canal all the way down and around the loop back past the hotel you can log approximately 2 miles (one way) or 4 miles (round trip). I used it for a longer route that took me out past the NCAA museum and over to the Indy Zoo and then out to the 3rd or 4th bridge and back (10 miles overall). Shorter routes can be easily accommodated with earlier bridges which take you past the VA Hospital and through the southern portion of IU.
My rating on the restaurant is based on the fact that I only ate breakfast there and it was what you would expect in a buffet style setting. To the best of my knowledge, they do not provide Room Service so I cannot rate the property fairly.
Overall, I would stay here again as it was really a great hotel. Great job to the entire property staff!
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown On The Canal Hotel Indianapolis
- Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown On The Canal Hotel
- Residence Inn Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal is the only hotel in downtown Indianapolis on the Historic Canal and the newest product in downtown Indy with our recent 2012 renovations! Be the first to experience our modern look, high-tech amenities and beautiful views. Our Indy hotel on the Canal provides apartment-style suites with full kitchens, free WiFi, separate living areas and 32” flat-screen TVs. Enjoy complimentary grocery shopping service, free daily breakfast buffet and evening social hour plus the least expensive parking in downtown. From our balcony and terrace overlooking the Canal to our location just minutes from Lucas Oil Stadium, State Capitol and White River State Park, our pet-friendly Indy hotel on the Canal is perfectly positioned for great extended stays. Be sure to take a stroll on the adjacent running/walking path right outside our doors, rent a paddleboat, bike, Segway or feed the ducks! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.