“A well kept secret in downtown.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal

You added Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal to your Saves list
Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 W New York Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #12 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Illinois
“A well kept secret in downtown.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on October 1st, 2012. What a gorgeous place to stay. I had requested a room facing the canal, which even though it was raining was a great view. Katie on the front desk when we checked in was super, super kind & helpful. The hotel was in a quiet area of downtown, and I'd dare say a safe area as we walked, (our own choosing), to a restaurant down by the Capitol building. It was a very clean hotel and the bed was quite comfortable as well. Now that we know this hotel is here, we'll take the extra time to get off the interstate and go downtown for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the canal.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I could not be more pleased to read your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to reflect on your stay. So many of the points that you touched on are what we consider to be the keys to our success in Indianapolis. Thank you again for staying with us, and please let me know if I can be of further assitance in any way- including personally making any upcoming reservations myself!

Katie Boehner

Katherine.Boehner@WhiteLodging.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Excellent location, clean and convenient. Meals could be improved slight compared to other Residence Inn stay and recent Homewood Suites stay. However would still recommend with great location.

Reception area is nice with TV's and a patio overlooking the canal. Food was good but limited variety and plain. Wine and draft beer was available. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Suite was slightly dated but nice and clean. Two flat screen TV's in room.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I have to say that we agree- our location is in a somewhat residential area of the canal, but still only steps away from downtown making for an especially convenient area for our guests. Our hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation, so I am genuinely eager to hear your feedback regarding your suite. I hope that you'll return to see us, and again, please contact me for any further discussion!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Very nice and clean. Very comfortable and a good size for a suite. Awesome breakfast included. Too much food to pick from. Only problem was that they need to use eggs in the scrambled eggs not powdered. Yuck! Only other problem was that we didn't have our room cleaned at 330 and had a wedding to be at by 5. I called for fresh towels and told them about the wedding. I waited 30 minutes and finally tracked down a maid for them. So had to rush to get ready. While I was looking for her I saw a bag of towels on a door knob for a guest. That was all I wanted. Even with that I would definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2012
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for providing such a thorough review of your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by housekeeping delays, but appreciate the feedback all the same. Your review of our breakfast service seems to be spoken in good company as we are currently #1 out of 619 Residence Inns! I hope that you will come back to visit us soon, and would be happy to discuss anything further or handle future reservations myself. Again, thank you for letting us host you in Indianapolis!

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Our friends and my husband & myself stayed here for 2 nights and have nothing to say but good things about the rooms and the staff. The rooms were gorgeous and clean. Katie at the front desk was very friendly and went out of her way to help us with any need we had. We recommend this hotel to anyone. Loved Indianapolis too. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you so incredibly much for utilizing TripAdvisor to reflect on your experience with us. It was such a joy to host the entirety of your group, and I could not be more pleased with your review. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you, and I hope to return to see us (very) soon!

Delaware USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Here for just one night but would have been content to stay several days. Large comfortable room with kitchen and sitting area. Great breakfast with hot items. Canal location is very pleasant for walks. Just a few easy blocks walk to Monument Circle. Would stay again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. In just a few sentences you mentioned many of the components that help our success in Indianapolis. I sincerely hope that you return for a visit and would be happy to make any future reservations myself. Thanks again for your review and have a wonderful day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

My friend's and I came up to Indianapolis for a bachelorette party and to see the Colts game.

Even with the hotel at full capacity, the staff was friendly and could serve our every need. We were able to upgrade to a larger room when an opening came available, and the staff was perfect in their handling of the move.

Brittani was especially friendly, and helpful in giving us advice on where to go to have a good time during the bachelorette party. She even gave us passes to one of the bars. She even made sure we had a great time when we came back in that night and the next morning.

Breakfast on the patio that overlooks the canal was very nice.

Comfortable and affordable rooms. Clean from top to bottom. Location isn't as close to nightlife as other hotels, but still within walking distance, or a very inexpensive cab ride.

Only complaint would be the cost of parking - $19.

• Stayed August 2012
ResidenceInnCanal, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I cannot express how gratifying it is to hear a guest review the Residence Inn as a "perfect" hotel, and hope to see you back with us on your next trip to Indianapolis. Please contact me directly for any future reservations or discussions, and thanks again for staying with us!

Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have just finished a 6-month stay at this hotel while dealing with a medical issue. It couldn't have been better. Every staff member, from the moment you walk through the front door, treats you like family. We have been so spoiled. Thanks to everyone for making a difficult time so much easier. Our next visit will be just for fun!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for reviewing your extended stay with us. I hope you know that we all genuinely enjoyed having you here, and though we're so happy that you have made it home safely, please don't forget to visit soon! Please contact me directly if there's anything else that we can do for you, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Indianapolis.

Katherine.Boehner@WhiteLodging.com

Been to Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal? Share your experiences!