“If I could rate 0 I would.” 1 of 5 stars

Indianapolis East Knights Inn
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   7101 East 21st Street, Exit 89, Indianapolis, IN 46219   |
Ranked #156 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Riverside
“If I could rate 0 I would.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Reserved a Non-smoking room. When I opened door the room smelled worse than the guy smoking outside. Cig tar on the walls. Floor was dirty, Sink had hair in it. Bedspread was dirty and ratty and full of holes. Bathroom had a hole in ceiling where vent should be. Sheets were itchy and not completely sure they were clean. When I tried to call front desk the phone didn't work. Got back in car drove to front desk (didn't bother unloading car). They said only room they would have. Talk to manager tomorrow. So next day I make plans to be back at motel (which meant I lost at least 5 hrs. out of my plans that I wanted to do that day). Manager says only room they have. After arguing for 1-2 hrs. he finally said he would give me another room after they had a chance to "clean it." Was the room next door and was just as bad but they had febreezed the crap out of it so the smell didn't knock you over. AND not only did he NOT give me a discount, He had the BALLS to charge me $40 more for the other room. I tried to get into other hotels, there was nothing for 30 miles, so I had no choice. I would have been better off sleeping in my car, But Hygiene says that I need to shower once in a while, which I am not sure how clean I was when I left the bathroom/shower/room. Didn't see any bugs but that would be the only way this could have been worse.

Room Tip: Tip?!?! Don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I can't even begin to explain how horrible our experience was. We were there for only 20 mins, and ended up leaving because the rooms were disgusting. There was a cockroach in our bathroom, the toilet paper had urine on it, there was someone else's dirty underwear hanging on the back of the bathroom door, and I could go on. To top that off, the "manager" Richard, I believe his name was, was basically the most rude human being that I've ever had to deal with. He acted as though nothing was wrong, and told us he could not refund us anything, but could place us in another room. That may have been an option, had another couple 3 rooms down from us not been getting back in their car after only walking in their room to unpack. They said their room was filthy and they hoped that ours was better. So we assumed that moving rooms would have been pointless. Luckily we know better now, and will NEVER be staying at another Knights Inn ever again.

• Stayed March 2013
Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

terrible place!!! even the bed bugs are moving somewhere better. The manager Shawn is a joke they will mislead you and take your money. They don't care about customer service or quality as long as they can get you to reserve before you see the place. don't think they will refund your money either

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Springdale, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Well, we had read the other reviews and tried anyhow. We were in Indy for a NASCAR race. We had been to enough races to know stay in a hotel away from the track. Plus we were trying to save some money. The other reviews aren't that far off. We didnt' get scabies - but it was VERY dirty. I don't mean a little I mean grossly. There was some sort of huge stain right inside the door. But at first that was all we saw. However, the bathroom was really bad. Other peoples hair and yukky mildew. The tub looked really old and not taken care of. The towels weren't dirty, but they were dingy and stained - which REALLY shows on white. The sheets were the same story. Not dirty, but dingy and stained. The TV worked but was distored on the top 1/3 of the screen. The dresser was obviously in a bit of disrepair and not level as the two drawers didn't stay shut. The tub didn't drain. So we were waiting about 20 minutes between each persons shower before the next could go. I mean, for one night, whatever. The bed wasn't great... but in the end, we were in the room less than 12 hrs. What really made us angry, the breakfast in the morn (also a joke) had coffee. I got one for my husband and I. Took a sip... IT WAS COLD! Dirty bathroom. Old, worn down beds. Stains on the carpet.... COLD COFFEE! Ick. Wont stay here again.

Room Tip: Probably should just skip this joint
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

OMG the pictures of this Hotel are a lie. Stated it had a Pool - it does not. Its ran down, Dirty, my kids caught scabies from here. Worst Hotel ever, the manager is very rude - NOT customer friendly. The manager did not want to give me a refund. Dont Go there!!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay here at all its Infected- Scabies are MITES that borrow into your skin.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Schaumburg, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Beware - Stay away from this motel. We reserved 3 rooms with king size/ non smoking beds. We got 3 standard smoking rooms instead. The room were very dirty and poorly kept. One of the rooms already had someone staying in that room. Very scary place ! We walked out in 5 minutes. Knight Inn charged my credit card and refused to refund even though we didn't stay. Save you money, keep safe, and stay away from this place !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

On a recent trip for a concert, we had reserved a room at this Knights Inn location. The lobby was clean, but had an employee (family member) sleeping on the couch. We checked in, were sent to our room at the back part of the property (property seemed vacant) and driving up to the parking space, the property just looked deserted/run down. Every single room had a "protected by ADT" sticker on the window. Upon entering, the room was dirty. The walls and lamp shade was stained like someone sprayed soda all over. When checking the bed for bedbugs which we do with any hotel, there were none but under/behind the bed was beyond dirty with plenty of trash, and looked untouched for years. The bed sheets were not fitted. The pillows were super thin, only two on the bed, with both the bed and pillows being uncomfortable. The bathroom was dirty, and was super small, with almost enough room for one person. There was a big piese of loose plywood where maybe a cabinet under the sink used to be. The TV remote did not power the TV, but did change the channels. The TV, very old had picture problems on each channel with the top quarter being scrambled but the bottom 3/4 ok, still very annoying. The floorboards were wobbly near the bed and felt like you would fall through. The only positive side to the hotel was that you could park directly in front of your room/door. This hotel is so run down and reminded us of a horror flick. After only 10 minutes in the room, we got a refund and left. This property should not be renovated, it should be torn down.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, even sleeping in your car is better then here.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Indianapolis East Knights Inn? Share your experiences!