“For Us--This was Great” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Corydon, Indiana
“For Us--This was Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We were attending a conference at the Marriott next door. Staying at the La Quinta was actually closer to the meeting rooms and quite a bit cheaper than the Marriott. They have a continental breakfast that was average. The rooms are seeming a little worn but the value and convenience was worth it for us. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed quiet. Those on the courtyard may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sellersburg, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Me and my husband have stayed in this La Quinta several times in the couple of years. It's a very clean and inviting hotel. The staff was wonderful. They've always taken care of any problems that I had (a loud guest once). They have a really good breakfast and the beds were really nice!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

The stay was wonderful because of the friendly and professional staff and clean rooms. The manager Amanda was very friendly and gave great tips on local sights. I've paid more money and stayed in a more expensive hotel but their quality doesn't compaire to the East Indianapolis LaQuinta. Thanks for such a wonderful family vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SPRINGFIELD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The problem with this brand is the HUGE variance in quality of the properties.

I drove past some wonderful hotels, and then followed the signs to a decrepit property. Paint peeling, old, tired building. Not inviting.

The lobby was like entering the dungeon of doom; dark and depressing.

The front desk agent, Rachelle was very welcoming and polite. Since I was a returns member she had my room ready, my reservation printed up. But the check-in process was marred by a loud, belligerent, woman who threw her reservation down on the counter next to me, huffing and puffing that she needed to check in. I tried to defuse the situation by suggesting to Rachelle that she 'take care of this guest since obviously she is in a hurry'.

The guest was combative and rude to Rachelle. It was scary to think that I was staying in a hotel that catered to this type of clientele. This became enraged when her credit card was declined and I walked away.

If anyone need to hire a competent, professional front desk clerk - I would highly recommend Rachelle. She handled this situation as professionally as possible. What really impressed me is that she maintained her cool while being verbally abused by this woman. Rachelle also tried to protect my privacy by giving me my key, not saying the room number (because this woman was standing right next to me) and just showing me on the map how to find my room.

I had requested a quiet room and so Rachelle put me in room 205. Second floor. It was a very small, hot room (even though the A/C was running). New comforters on the beds, but otherwise very tired looking. After depositing my bag I walked back down the stairs (no elevator) to the front desk and asked if there was another room available with a fridge and microwave.

Sweet Rachelle said she would look and see if she could locate extras to put in my room. She was not able to, but did offer to move me to a suite.

That room was above the lobby ( #201) and proved to be very loud. I heard guests checking in at 2:30am and then a delivery at 4:30am.

The suite was old, bathroom small, blanket torn.

I stayed at this hotel based upon the reviews I read. Lesson learned - I will take reviews from people who have less than 10 with a grain of salt.

And I will never stay at another La Quinta Inn without first finding out the age of the hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is right next to the highway. So most rooms will have highway noise. The least noisy wou...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here in July 2013 as I traveled across the country with a family member on a moving trip. The Inn is very accessible to the freeway and actually near a Marriott facility, so I surmised it would be adequate for a one night stay. We arrived in the afternoon with our reservation in hand. The hotel was practically empty and it is located on a sad looking street. Very few cars in the parking lot. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and check-in went smoothly. We had requested a non-smoking room in a quiet area of the Inn. Upon entering the room we detected the unmistakable odor of cigarette smoke in the room. We chose to leave the room to find a place to eat, and upon our return we definitely concluded that the smell was too overwhelming. The front desk clerk explained that the hotel was now entirely a smoke-free facility. I could only conclude that the previously designated "smoking-rooms" had not been re-done to get rid of the smell. She was kind enough to relocate us to another room, although she had trouble finding an available room in the system. Again, the hotel seemed practically empty as in: no traffic, no other people in the hallways or lobby, not many cars in the parking lot. I wondered if this difficulty in finding us a different room was due to the fact that we had paid a terrific and reduced rate through AAA. We were eventually moved to a different room which didn't have the cigarrette smell, but the towel bars in the bathroom were on the floor (the towels were clean yet folded on the bathroom counter), the walls were dirty (scrapes and smudges), and overall the room had seen much, much better days. We were too tired and it was too late to move on to a different hotel, since we were not entirely familiar with the area. We chose to leave VERY EARLY the next day, and decided to have just coffee and danish/donuts from the breakfast area. To make matters worse, as we were preparing to check-out of the room, I found remnants of a bug on the sheets of one of the beds and we were horrified. For our peace of mind, we convinced ourselves that perhaps it had been picked-up off the hallway carpet as we rolled our luggage into the hotel or the room. Upon my return home, I submitted a review to La Quinta Inn website with my concerns. Sadly, I chose this motel based on previous TripAdvisor comments, so to be fair, I will surmise that our experience was uniquely bad and hopefully not the norm. Still, if I ever travel that way again, I will not, not, not stay there despite being a "La Quinta Returns" member.

Room Tip: Just make sure that the room has never been a smoking room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel is an older property, very clean and well maintained in the lobby, the halls, and our room. Our first floor room was very quiet -- freeway noise must go above this level. Amanda at the front desk was very helpful. The area around the hotel is somewhat run down, and there are few restaurant choices nearby. The Beijing is a tiny Chinese restaurant on 21st St going East just beyond the I465 underpass. The food was very good, and they also deliver to the hotel. Ask for a menu at the desk. Everything in our room worked, including the complimentary wi fi. You get a complimentary bag of chips, crackers, and water at check in, and you can use the pool and fitness center at the large Marriot next door. Coffee, your choice of tea, milk, hot chocolate and even yogurt is available in the lobby round the clock. We wanted to have some wine with our take out supper, but Indiana forbids its sale on Sunday. We wanred to go to the art museum on Monday, but it, and several other museums are closed on that day. Is Indiana ready yet to compete with other destinations for tourism? This hotel is doing its part, and it is time for the governing authorities in Indiana to reconsider some of the choices they have made.

Room Tip: First floor may have the least freeway noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Belleville, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I travel a lot and I often stay at La Quinta. This location is one of the best overall values I've had recently. The bed was really nice with a true pillow top mattress. The staff was extremely professional yet pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

judyblat, Manager at La Quinta Inn Indianapolis East, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Glad you enjoyed the bed and enjoyed a great nights sleep. Hope to see you again soon
Judy Blattert
VP of Sales & Marketing

Been to La Quinta Inn Indianapolis East? Share your experiences!