“Perfect hotel at this price point” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Indianapolis East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7304 East 21st St, Indianapolis, IN 46219   |
Ranked #43 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
Ajijic, Mexico
“Perfect hotel at this price point”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We are fans of La Quinta because of their consistent high quality and their generous pet friendly policy. This one is a good example. Room was completely clean, bed was comfortable, shower had excellent pressure. Breakfast was a bit better than usual with a few nice extra touches. The heat-A/C unit was under the window, but had a digital temperature control which made it better than usual. Those units provide great background white noise, so we heard no sounds from outside the room. There is an enclosed courtyard, which made a great place for the dogs to run. Morning staff Michele did a great job of managing breakfast, checking out guests, and problem solving for everyone.

Room Tip: I think rooms are all equivalent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel (April 19-20) for a retreat I was attending down the road. It was extremely disappointing. I've stayed at several La Quinta Inns over the past few years because of their good prices, but this was the worst by far (especially considering I accidentally went to the Post Road one first which looked REALLY nice compared to this). The building is aging - I didn't feel safe parking my vehicle in their parking lot. The foyer is uninviting - worst check-in desk I've ever seen. The breakfast area looked disgusting - I stopped by in the morning and just kept on walking. The room was OK but it too was outdated. I did think the bed was pretty comfortable. Overall, I would recommend spending a few more dollars and staying somewhere else.

New Albany, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Had to attend one day convention at Marriott East Indianapolis, this LQ shares a parking lot with the Marriott and it cost 1/2 the convention rate and 1/3 of the non-convention rate. For the price point.. probably the nicest/cleanest place I have stayed in. Adjacent restaurant, Lincoln Square... nothing fancy... good "home style food" and a 10% discount with your LQ room key/card... easy to get out with < $10/person. If I have a need to stay in this part of Indy again.. would not hesitate staying at this property again.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Rooms were clean, breakfast was very good, personnel at desk checking in and out were very helpful and pleasant. We were allowed to stay in our room until noon or a little later if needed. I will stay again at a La Quinta on my next trip in May.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

northern Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I, too, was a convention attendee at the Marriott just next door. La Quinta was kind enough to extend more rooms for the attendees when the Marriott block filled. (Important to note, this particular La Quinta is part of the Marriott chain, for member rewards purposes.) The property is easy to get to off I-70 from the I-465 belt. Return to those highways was easy, too. Upon check in, I was informed that all the amenities in the Marriott were available to me, like the fitness room and indoor pool, but I didn't not use them.

I had concerns at first when I saw the proximity to the highway, the overflowing convention parking and the exterior. However, my concerns were unfounded upon walking in the door. The staff were professional and prompt. There was no road noise at all in the lobby area and I discovered the additional parking on the other side of the building. The dining area was clean and there were "afternoon snacks", like chips and candy, waiting for the guests.

The building has no elevator, so if you need or prefer a first floor room, be sure to ask. It is also "U" shaped, meaning a guest must either cut through the center of the building, keying into every door or walk the "U" if your room is on the "other" hallway. I did see the pool, but being outdoors, it wasn't yet pool season so I didn't pay it much mind.

I found the room to be a little small, but that wasn't an issue for a solo traveler. The king size bed was very comfortable and there were lots of pillows. There was ample desk space for a work traveler with hardwire internet or wifi capability. The tv was a tube set in an armoire and some channels were kind of fuzzy. But, the timer function worked. There was a small "dorm" fridge in the room, too, but I didn't use it. It was oddly positioned on the floor next to an empty space in the corner- as if another chair could fit there. The lamps were all working and had CF bulbs. There was one stuffed chair and a reading lamp. The window seemed to be able to open, but I kept the shades closed for privacy. (My first floor room didn't have a view of anything but the parking lot, anyway!)

The air/heat unit kept the room comfortable. The hair dryer worked and there was a small coffee maker in the room.

There was plenty of space in the vanity/sink area of the bathroom, with decent lighting. The door and stool were very close together, making negotiation in that part of the bathroom tricky. Even getting to the towel hooks on the back of the door proved challenging! The shower had lots of hot water and clean curtains with a very effective shower head.

I did partake of the breakfast. The Friday breakfast was more than adequate, with a make-your-own waffle iron, hard boiled eggs, pastries, breads and muffins, yogurt, cold cereal, hot cereal, fresh fruit, juices, coffee and milk. The Saturday breakfast seemed to include biscuits and gravy, too. Someone from the staff was constantly refilling, engaging the guests, and cleaning. There was LOTS of seating for dining, which seems rare in many places.

I chose to travel south on Shadeland Ave to find something to eat. Dining options are mostly fast food (like Arbys, Subway, Wendys) but you can find sit down places like Damon's and Red Lobster. There is also a CVS for emergency supplies. A restaurant sits immediately adjacent to the La Quinta, but I didn't venture in. I didn't travel anywhere else in the immediate area.

OK, now the reality check. The doors are paper thin and you can hear all the hallway traffic and louder guests in neighboring rooms. I didn't seem to hear any noise from above, except one time running water seemed to be in my room! The building is clean, but it is aging and there are signs of repeated repairs and stains (like the bathtub) that just won't come clean anymore, but you can see the effort at the upkeep. Nothing seemed to be broken, but this is an aging property with the expected wear and tear.

I would certainly stay here again for convention because it was clean, fairly well appointed, the breakfast was plentiful and the staff were pleasant. And the rate was affordable.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you require or prefer a first floor room, be sure to ask!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Three hotels are available around the Marriott Convention Center. Feeling a bit nervous, I booked this hotel for myself and associate. It was well worth the VALUE. It was clean, the bedding and mattress seemed new, and the room attractive. It was nice to have breakfast items in the morning and the staff was helpful and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Indianapolis East? Share your experiences!