“Great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I left something in the room when we checked out. Didn't realize it until hours later, so I called the front desk. Charlie and other staffers were great, took my info and had housekeeping find the item. They shipped it to me, no problem. Really appreciated it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thanks very much for your kind and encouraging note.

I know Charlie will be thrilled to hear his name during our next meeting (and rightfully so :-) ).

Thanks again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Winfield, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I wrote a positive review of this hotel staff this past winter. This past weekend we spent an overnight with our grandkids in Indy. We returned to this hotel to see if our first visit was a fluke . . . it was not! Before our arrival, Stephen emailed to ask if there was anything the staff could do to prepare for our visit. I mentioned that we would appreciate an early check-in and that I had dietary needs. We arrived around Noon on a Saturday. Brittany was on duty when we arrived. She was welcoming, helpful and delightfully attentive. She said our room was ready. Stephen handed me 2 boxes of gluten-free Nut Thins! I was blown away by his attention to detail! Our room was clean and comfy. The large flat screen TV tilted so you could view it from your bed or from the comfy couch area. Our grandkids (ages 5 & 7) slept well on the sofa bed. (Norma had our room clean and ready. She checked in with us as we settled in. She asked if we needed anything. She brought us extra towels for the kids). Our grandkids enjoyed the outdoor pool. Then we had some coffee drinks from the Starbuck's inside. Josh and TJ served as our evening staff and baristas! Breakfast on Sunday was great. Again, the staff was attentive and kept the busy cafe area stocked and clean. I watched as they assisted several guests, and always with a genuinely caring attitude. These folk are doing a great job. They want to give you a pleasantly memorable stay. STAY HERE!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
I'm absolutely thrilled to read your survey. Thanks so much for your posting.

I think the hardest part of leading a hotel is to somehow keep a very high level of service and quality over a long period of time. It requires constant re-invention, re-training and re-education/energizing. And your review proves that we're on the right track.

I'm proud to share your words w/ the team, as it's reviews like this...that provides fuel for the train to keep on chuggin' down the track :-).

Wauconda, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Came to town for a birthday celebration. We didn't want to stay downtown so we picked the Hyatt Place Keystone Crossing location. This upscale suburban location had service to match. I received an email from the hotel manager prior to checking in asking if there was anything they could do ahead of time. I had a hand written note in my room once I checked in reminding me that if I need anything do not hesitate to ask (along with chocolates and bottled water). My wife and I relaxed out at the pool and the staff brought us water and ice cream sandwiches at no charge. We were able to order lunch and drinks and have them delivered out to the pool. Everyone was extremely nice and accommodating. We had a short stay but it was wonderful and we would certainly return. Great experience!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks very the great review.

Mr. Stephen Bart, the AGM of the hotel, came to me w/ the ice cream sandwich and bottled water idea out by the pool during hot days when the pool was highly occupied. I hesitantly said yes, let's do it...but had my doubts.

Obviously, Stephen knows a lot more than I do...and his idea/program has proven to be a big hit.

I will share your words w/ the staff...and especially thank Stephen...The Man w/ the Plan.

Thanks again,
Silverhill, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have stayed in Indianapolis a number of times and have never found a hotel that is as passionate about customer service as this one. From the time I stepped in to the hotel I knew I was going to like this place. The front entry way was the cleanest I have ever seen a hotel entry way as was the room. The rooms are very spacious and open. All features in the room were in well working order. The large flat screen TV and work center were intricately placed as was the couch. Now the best part of the experience of all was the staff. From the time I met the young gentleman at the front desk who checked me in to the cleaning crew that I spoke to the in hallway, everyone was gracious, knowledgeable and friendly. In addition to the those individuals, the taller gentleman that was typically behind the counter had things running like clockwork each and everyday. The female front desk staff always greeted me with a smile and a warm welcome. The breakfast each morning was clearly one of the freshest and most comprehensive spreads I have seen. Most of the food looked like it was prepared fresh each day as did the fruit. Typical hotel breakfast bars beware, this one is the best I have ever seen. Well played Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, well played!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I can't thank you enough...for everything you've so positively said in your review.

It's so encouraging to read and I can't wait to share w/ the entire team.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon :-)!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had never stayed at a Hyatt or Hyatt Place before. Passing through Indy en route to visiting family in AL - checked in late on a week night. The lobby was actually busy with guests conversing - there is a coffee shop in the lobby with light food and beverages. The TWO hosts manning the front desk/lobby area were friendly and efficient, even at 11PM. My room was spacious, well appointed, very clean. Was the basic room, but had plenty of room if I had been traveling with my family rather than solo. There were two huge cookies waiting for me on the desk when I got to the room. The mini fridge was a little loud, but I just turned it off. I didn't notice any general hallway noise, and my room was just around the corner from the elevators.

The fitness center (which is open 24/7) was well furnished with equipment, water and towels, well dusted and clean - very pleased there.

Breakfast (included) was an assortment of hot (read: breakfast sandwiches and mini eggs Benedict-type things!) and cold items including yogurt, milk and juices. The usual bagels, toast and Danish were also available, as well as cereal. I complimented and thanked one of the breakfast hostesses - this is the best hotel breakfast (free or paid) that I've ever had.

The hotel is easy to get to, in a slightly roundabout way - directions on the site were accurate, and signage at the location clear. It is part of a mall/shopping area - wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy the restful comfort of the room and go shopping the next day.

Will definitely stay here when next I find myself in Indy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
First off...Thank you so much for your positive review and I will most assuredly share w/ all of my associates.

Secondly, and more importantly...I thank you for how "thorough" your experience-description is. For no other reason then...it helps me to involve ALL associates when we celebrate successes.

I honestly believe we ALL act as a true team, dependent-on-each-other at times w/ the ablility to rotate 180 degrees and be supportive, in other times.

So, thanks so much again...especially for writing a review that allows me to share (while retaining pertinence) to every member of the awesome staff I have the priviledge to work alongside :-).

Have a great weekend.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I recently stayed at this property for one night on a business trip. Very easy to get to from the airport (roughly 30 minutes through non-rush hour traffic). I've stayed at a Hyatt in Tampa and this hotel was exactly like it. Suite-type room with two double beds. Room was clean, more than enough space and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is adjacent to a very busy road/interstate which was a bit noisy but didn't bother me. The morning breakfast was a bit spartan and not very impressive. Overall, a good qualtiy hotel that worked perfectly for me during my trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your positive comments.

I, indeed, want to apologize for your dissatisfaction regarding breakfast. I will review your comments w/ the staff...so we can all collectively find solutions to whatever caused the problem.

Regardless, thanks again for your positivity.

Have a great weekend.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Wife and I stayed for one night and overall had a very nice stay. The front desk gentleman could not have been nicer and more accommodating. Check-in literally took 30 seconds. He also was very helpful in obtaining an item we needed for the room. Much appreciated! The room itself was on the 6th floor and very nice. Overall, the king room was neat, clean, and very spacious. Very large flat screen T.V. (probably 50"!!) swiveled to both seating and sleeping areas easily. The only issue we had was the shower head face did not appear to be clean, and looked a bit crusty and should have been replaced, and the interior of the bathroom door was a bit chipped and had water spots all over it. Neither item was a deal-breaker, but just something to attend to in the future.

We enjoyed the included hot breakfast, and the seating areas were very nice and clean. Scrambled eggs tasted powdered. If you are going to offer an item, make it the best possible quality or don't offer it. An additional hot item or two would have been nice, and maybe a few pastry offerings in addition to the small donuts would have been nice, but overall, again, we were very pleased with our experience. The items we mentioned are just small things that can easily be remedied to really solidify the guest experience. Can't say enough about the staff again, as they were the consistent stars, even on this short stay! That type of service and positive attitude makes such a huge difference, and is always noticed and appreciated!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TJYTED, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thanks so very much for your detailed review. Please be assured we have indeed already JUMPED-ON the issues you found w/ your room and are addressing in ALL rooms as I type. :-)

Thanks very much again, and we hope to see you again real soon.

Thanks,

Been to Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone? Share your experiences!