“Spacious room with sofabed & large TV, modern clean hotel, free breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #25 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Simsbury, Connecticut
“Spacious room with sofabed & large TV, modern clean hotel, free breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Overall a perfect stay. The room was large with 2 double beds, quality linens and a large flat screen TV. There was a sofabed, however the thin blanket was dirty (the ONLY problem at the hotel - everything else was clean and in good or great condition). There was a nice small desk area, coffeemaker, mini fridge and counter. The hotel staff was unusually pleasant, helpful and outgoing. There was a free simple continental breakfast with the option to buy a la carte hot extras if you like. There is also a small "bar" with some basic beer, wine, etc. and deserts for purchase. Our room was on the South side (away from the highway). I read other reviews that the North (highway side) was loud, but I did not experience this. The hotel is somewhat difficult to find - be sure you have a GPS or good directions. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
shaughnriley, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Dear Flintstone1234,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are incredibly pleased that you had a terrific stay at the Hyatt Place Indianapolis Keystone. We always strive to exceed our guest's expectations and are glad we were able to create such a great experience for you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Shaughn Riley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I booked 2 rooms here because of internet website saying it was .2 miles from the Verizon Music Center and we thought we could walk there and back. When we checked and I asked about location and the girl said "its about a 20 minute cab ride depending on the traffic" I asked about what was said on the internet so she comes back with "we get that all the time!" Well we went ahead and got ready and got a cab and it ended up being a 20-25 minute and $45.00 ride ONE WAY!!!!!!! Which meant another $45.00 for the way back! Yes we could have driven there but it was the whole reason of staying at this place. Please take that off the website! So if you are booking here thinking you will be able to walk to Verizon.....don't!!!!! Other than that the rooms were nice and the bed was comfy

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dear aldean1fan,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize there was an issue with the information you received regarding the distance between the Music Center and the hotel. We did confirm that on the hotel information page, it does indicate the Music Center is over 10 miles from the hotel. If you could please let us know what site you saw that listed us as .2 miles away, I would appreciate it, so we can look into correcting it. I am pleased that you did enjoy your room and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We dropped our daughter off at the grandparents' and enjoyed a nice quiet night of 10+ hours of sleep. For these purposes, the hotel was great -- a nice king bed in a quiet room -- we heard nothing on a rather sleepy Saturday night. The hotel is an older hotel that recently was renovated, so you get all the shiny finishes but can see the old bones at times. Continental breakfast was pretty good.

My main quibble was that I tried to work on my laptop, and the Internet connection was horribly slow. Once I had my corporate VPN set up, I was getting only 10-20 KB/s, leaving Outlook basically inoperative.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
shaughnriley, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Dear lmarcas,

On behalf of the entire hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Place Keystone Crossing. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please know that I will be reviewing the bandwidth note that you mentioned during your stay. As we are constantly striving to exceed our guest's expectations, we want to make sure that any concerns are immediately addressed.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at the hotel and thank you again for your positive review.

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Our room was great. Two full size beds, toilet and shower are separated from the mirror and sink which helps speed along getting ready with two teenage girls! Large flat screen t.v. that swivels so it can be seen easily from the beds and the couch. Couch pulls out to a sleeper and is in a sitting area as large as the area where the beds are. Includes coffee pot, coffee, kitchen sink, and mini-fridge.

Staff was very courteous. Check-in was easy and quick. Breakfast left a bit to be desired. No hot food, just apples, oranges, yogurt, cold cereal, milk, oj, toast & bagels. Better than nothing I guess.

We were there to shop. Spent some time at Keystone Mall and other stores in the area, then took the short drive into downtown to visit Circle Center Mall.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
shaughnriley, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Dear Missuso,

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

My husband and I stopped at the Hyatt Place in Indy overnight on our way home from a business trip. We got a great rate on it, and if we were sure we'd get that rate we'd stay here again. There were a couple of things I noticed about the rooms and hallways. The first was that the doors to the rooms looked scuffed and scratched. They probably just needed a fresh coat of paint. The second, the ceiling in the room had some places where it looked brown. Not quite sure why. Third, there was some rust on and around the fixtures in the bathtub.
The next morning, I took the elevator down to the lobby and it looked like someone had spilled food all over the floor. Breakfast was good, however.
Staff was excellent. Everyone greeted us and made us feel at home. The overall cleanliness of the room was great. Room size was nice, and we really enjoyed the large TV.
As I said before, I'm not sure if I would want to pay full price for this hotel, but for the rate we got it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
shaughnriley, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, April 17, 2011
Dear sbsneetch28,

I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for staying with us and posting a review of the hotel. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to say thank you for your very nice comments about the staff of the hotel. We strive to exceed guest's expectations and are glad you enjoyed your stay.

In addition, I wanted to say thank you for bringing those other items to my attention so we can immediately address them.

We truly look forward to your visit again at the hotel and please let me know if the team can be of any further assistance.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

We ended up coming to this hotel on our way to visit family from out of town. The staff was great, rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel is close to shopping, which allowed us to let our kids to run around after the long drive. The fridge in the room allowed us to keep juice boxes for the kids cold and the sofa bed was surprisingly comfortable. In the morning, we had the nice continental breakfast and we were off on our drive. While we only stayed there for one night, if we travel through the area again, we will definitely be staying there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
shaughnriley, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear BhamM0m,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of your visit to the hotel. On behalf of the entire team, we are very pleased to hear you had such a great experience at the hotel. It is goal to exceed every guest's expectations and are thrilled to hear about your visit.

We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Indianapolis.

Fort Myers, Florida, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

This hotel overcharged my credit card not only once, but twice (for over $100 on both charges). When contacted, they promised to alleviate the situation by removing the charges. It took 4 phone calls over a four week period to fix the first mistake. It has been two months now, and they still haven't fixed the second mistake. At this point, I've paid almost $400 for a $180 room. I've had to talk to a different manager every time I've called. Beware, these people obviously don't know how to run a credit card machine. Only go here if you can afford to pay double for your room.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
shaughnriley, General Manager at Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Dear hjhurt,

My name is Shaughn Riley and I am the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Keystone Crossing. I apologize for the issue with your credit card. It is our goal to exceed each guest's expectations during their stay and clearly we did not during your stay. If the issues with your card have not been resolved, please contact me directly, as I want to make sure they are corrected.

Once again I apologize for the issue and look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

317-843-0064
shaughn.riley@pillarhotels.com

Been to Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone? Share your experiences!