“Best place to stay in Indy: excellent location; good value; great service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel

You added Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9750 Lakeshore Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46280   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #126 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Padre Island, Texas
“Best place to stay in Indy: excellent location; good value; great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

I have visited Indianapolis at least 4 times each year for the past 10 years and this is the best location and the best service of any place I have stayed. There are a variety of restaurants as well as fast food chains less than 1 mile from here and there is the best shopping in Indianapolis within 3 miles. This location is within 3 miles of 465 so getting anywhere in Indianapolis is easy. I stay at least 1 week each visit and since I discovered this Extended Stay America (3 years ago) have stayed here every time! The location faces a business park and is in front of a quiet upscale residential suburb of Indianapolis so is quiet, feels very safe, and provides great walking areas when I travel with my dog. The staff has always been friendly, readily available, and the one time I had a problem with a dryer not working and not returning my quarters the front desk gentleman on duty cheerfully refunded my quarters, dried my clothes in the house dryers (there were no other guest dryers available at the time) and returned my clothes to my room nicely folded! The rooms are clean, "standard" size for "mini-suites", well-maintained and nicely laid out. The mattresses are not memory foam but are adequate and I have been able to sleep comfortably for 7 to 10 nights at a time. The individual room heating/cooling units do a great job of heating and cooling but are a little noisy. I have spent nights in Indianapolis in other long-term motels as well as the Hilton and Omni Severin hotels downtown and Holiday Inns and Courtyards by Marriott on the north side and although I have found more luxurious lobbies and better quality mattresses I have never found better staff or a better location.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

When we arrived to our room, the smells were overpowering. I couldn't tell if it was smoke, people odors or residual cooking smells. The hallway reeked of the same smells. The room would definately have benefited greatly by a fresh coat of paint. I must say though that the manager was very helpful. When I asked for some ice for a mini-cooler, she went to three different vacant rooms and pulled ice from the freezers so I didn't have to stop for a bag. I did notice that none of those rooms smelled like ours did, even though it was a couple of doors down from ours on the same floor. I most likely won't stay there again, but will commend the service and location. It was set off the street in a business park area so it felt safer that a hotel directly on a main interstate.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel

Address: 9750 Lakeshore Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46280
Location: United States > Indiana > Indianapolis
Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #126 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Indianapolis
Indianapolis Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - North - Carmel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.