“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indiana
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We spent one night at this hotel so we could be close to Beef and Boards Dinner Theater. It is very clean and the staff was pleasant. The room was spacious with a sitting area separate from the sleeping area. It is set in a quiet almost park like area. We slept in and missed the breakfast so I can't comment on it. My only complaint is the noise from running water and the guests above us walking very loudly. The walls and ceilings must not be very well insulated for noise.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SETH_DOS, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Country Suites, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thanks for your review. We certainly want all of our guests to enjoy there stay with us so if there is ever "Heavy Steps" or other bothersome sounds in the room, please let us know. We now only have I believe 6 rooms left that running water can be herd in and it will likely be mid winter before we are able to complete the changes necessary to block or otherwise dampen these sounds. We would like to invite you back to stay with us if ever in the area again.

Seth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel overnight. It is a quaint hotel with only 2 stories and I believe 40 rooms (all suites). I stayed on the first floor.

Pros: Easy and fast check in, friendly staff, nice size suite with (living room, microwave and fridge...also bedroom was spacious. Very comfortable bed. Nice location with plenty of places to eat nearby. Non smoking rooms, free breakfast (which I did not partake in with the exception of a glass of OJ and a few pieces of bacon). Fast and FREE WIFI.

Cons: water stains on the ceiling in bathroom (nothing major), room had a slight smell of dampness when I first walked; however, when I turned on ac it seemed to go away. One used bath towel was hanging behind the bathroom door upon my arrival. No pool (even though I would not have used it anyway)

All and all the stay was pleasant, I did not spend much time in the room aside from lounging at night. I would recommend staying here for a no-frills place to unwind. The location puts you in the mind of an old country house with it décor and outside seating and porch area. People (other guests were friendly and we spoke/greeted as I walked to my car and into the hotel.

Green Features: This hotel is very energy efficient with several guest room practices and features.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review.
After reading your review I checked several items on each of our housekeepers. We did find that one of our 2 new girls was forgetting little things like checking behind the bathroom door and not checking the Clock time or Lamp switches. We have made her a list to follow to make sure she is not allowing things get missed. Our goal is to provide a Clean, Comfortable stay with great customer service at a great price. We will continue to strive and raise the bar for limited service hotels in our area.

Liberty Hill, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Clean hotel, with helpful staff. Walking distance to several dinner restaurants The staff provided a private fireworks show for the guest. Everything was to our comfort and we felt very welcome. A predictable menu for breakfast made for an overall pleasant stop over for our trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SETH_DOS, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Country Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Glad that you enjoyed the fireworks. We truly want all of our guests to feel like they are at home when they stay with us. If you are not comfortable when staying, I don't think you would return to stay with us again. We want as many guests as possible to return for at least a second stay, therefore making our guests comfortable is very important and it will always be important.

Thanks for reading,
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

It has been many years since I stayed in a Best Western property, and I had forgotten how great a value they are. Generally speaking, for just a few more dollars more than Super 8 or Days Inn, you can stay at a much nicer place. This particular property offers spacious, peaceful two-room suites for around 55 or 60 bucks a night.

My only complaint is that the walls here aren't very soundproof. It seemed as if I could hear every shower taking place in the entire building. If you're a light sleeper I would recommend the Drury Inn nearby: their rooms are usually very soundproof.

Room Tip: The second floor might be quieter? It seemed as if we were hearing the water running from upstairs.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Love to hear from our guests... It is the sound of water running through the pipes that this and a few other guests have commented on. In most of the rooms, this has been remedied as we have replaced several pipes and insulated them from the walls and ceilings. There are still a few rooms that have not yet been done but will be by the end of 2014.

Indianapolis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Super fast internet. Great room. Wonderful breakfast. Perfect for myself and my co-worker in town for business. If I had to come up with one complaint, it would be the ice machine was downstairs and we were upstairs! :) Great place and will use again for future business trips (pleasure trips as well if we ever get time!)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so excited to hear this. I definitely want to increase our number of guests traveling on business and Great Internet is a must. We have just increased the speed of our internet just for our business customers. All to often we have people wanting to watch netflix and that sort for the On-Demand type capabilities so I have discussed with the GM & Owner about increasing the speed just so we wont have any internet issues. We would prefer to solve a potential problem before it becomes one. I am very glad we have another repeat guest as you are very important to the success of our property.

Mayville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We attended a wedding in Indianapolis in July. Rooms were blocked at this hotel for the guests so we stayed here. The rate was very reasonable. The facility was nice. Clean, inviting lobby and room. Our room of course was a suite so plenty of room. It did smell a little bit like cigarette smoke. Not sure if that was from previous guest or it if used to be a smoking room. Not bad though. Bed was comfortable and sleeping area nicely decorated. Room was quiet. Clean. Nothing above and beyond but nice. The usual refrigerator, coffee pot were in the room. No hair dryer though. We didn't eat breakfast there because we met family out for brunch, but the dining area seemed very clean and inviting. Pretty good value for the rate we got because of the wedding. I don't know what their usual rate is though.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Very happy to you had the chance to stay with us. All of our rooms do have Hair Dryers in them but they are not where someone would expect them to be in-side the bathroom. Per requests from several years ago, they have been placed in the wet bar area with the larger mirror due to persons having to wait to use the facilities while someone was styling their hair. The requests we so many and it made sense to move them so they were relocated.

Dublin, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was really pleasantly surprised to find this hotel available for the weekend of July 11-13 AND at such a reasonable rate (AAA rate)! I spent hours (several weeks in advance) trying to find three available rooms (for us and two other couples) that were in the moderate price range, but were also clean, updated and in a good location. For some reason, many of the Indy hotels were sold out for that weekend.

The motel is located about a block or two from I-465 on the north side of Indy. It is in an area that is thick with motels, and there are restaurants, gas stations, a Costco -- things like that. The Country Suites tries to impart a down-home, country feel, with a front porch patio and glider, lots of hanging flower pots, a big fireplace/hearth in the lobby, and its size (which is only two stories).

I really liked having two rooms with the bathroom area in between. With our group of six, we were able at times to congregate in the living room area. It was nice to have breakfast both mornings, since we ate all other meals out. Breakfast was fine, with lots of choices (both hot and cold) for everyone. The rooms were clean, updated, and comfortable. One slight negative was that our room smelled a little mildewy when you first walked in. But once you were in there for a minute or two, you did not notice it anymore. Neither of the other two rooms had that smell at all, so perhaps there was some water issue in our room at an earlier time. Anyway, as I said, it really wasn't a big deal.

Location-wise, it was good for us, as we spent some of our time in downtown Indy and the rest of it in Carmel. Oh, and before I forget, Jenny at the front desk was a gem! She really helped us out with information and directions and things like that -- very pleasant and friendly.

I would definitely recommend this motel. It's clean, updated, reasonably priced, and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Very happy to have had you stay with us. We are not sure what room this was but my housekeeping department reports all rooms are up to par as of 7/14/14. I do not like the idea that we may have missed something but if we had it has been corrected.

Seth

Been to BEST WESTERN Country Suites? Share your experiences!