“Quaint Hotel in a Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #23 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Quaint Hotel in a Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The Best Western Country Suites was a quaint hotel that has some country charm with great rooms - really suites. The suite included a separate living room with sofa and TV and also had a mini-frig and microwave. The bedroom was spacious that he bed was most comfortable. The staff was welcoming and earnestly wanted our stay to be perfect. The location was also excellent - close to the interstate with may restaurants very close by the offered a variety of dining options. The hotel was a great value and pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SETH_DOS, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Country Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
We are very glad to have had you stay with us and ecstatic that you enjoyed our employees as well as the hotel itself. We most definitely want all of our guests that stay with us to enjoy there stay and we certainly want all of them to come back as often as they are in the area. Quality affordable rooms with great customer service is at the top of our list and that is why we just received a Certificate of Excellence -2014 Winner- award from Tripadvisor. We love our industry and our guests.

Seth DeVine
Director of Sales
317/879.1700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Good stay-Most of the staff were very helpful. Excellent location for all we wanted to do. Good breakfast almost every day. Waffle mix was watery a couple of days, but the biscuits and gravy mdae up for it. Could have used some bananas.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review.
We do rotate some of our fresh fruit at the request of our guests, typically we have apples and one or both bananas/oranges but this does change usually by season. We have tried things like grapes and other fresh fruits but did not do well as they do not keep for more than a day or two out of the refrigerator. Also, we check on our breakfast frequently, however, if you ever experience items being low or out please let us know so that we may replenish. Also if something like Watery waffle batter is encountered we need to know so that we may re-mix, as the batter is kept for 3+ hours we usually stir it about every half hour but it can be missed when restocking the breakfast bar especially when there is a line for waffles. Again thank you for your review and we look forward to your next trip to Indianapolis. Again if there is anything we can do to improve your stay's with us, Just let us know and we will be happy to help.
Thanks
Farmington Hills, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Conveniently located to area highways, plenty of choices for dinner, lunch & breakfast and fairly close to downtown Indianapolis. Clean and friendly facilities and friendly staff and very helpful. I've stayed at this hotel on several occasions and very pleased with the value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SETH_DOS, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Country Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
We are happy to have had you stay with us. All of us that work here at BEST WESTERN Country Suites enjoy our work and have dedicated ourselves to customer service, It takes special people to work in Hospitality and we are all molded for it. When you decide to visit us, take the time to talk to us and let us know what your needs are. We will go out of our way to accommodate your requests.

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our stay here was quite an experience. With my half-empty glass in one hand saying "1 star!" and my half-full glass in the other saying "5!", I'm left to give them a 3.

Started on the wrong foot at check in where we were greeted with a less than pleasant odor in the lobby. They had fans going, so I assume they must have been dealing with a recent spill or something. We were concerned heading to our room, but once we got to the 2nd floor hall, it smelled/looked fine and our room was great. I think they've done some recent updating and overall I would say the hotel looks to be in nice condition, especially for the price.

Our first of two nights there was a tough one. A bank of lights over the sink turned on every time the furnace did, waking me on several occasions until I finally turned off the furnace. Better to be a little chilly than to be woken so frequently. I shared this with the night manager when I went to breakfast (a typical lower-budget but satisfactory spread) and he was nice and apologetic.

After returning to my room, I noticed that the lights turned on again when I walked by them. This seemed to clearly explain the night before: the motion created by the air coming from the furnace vent, which was right above the light fixture, was likely the cause of the lights coming on during the night.

I went back down to the desk to pass this info on and the GM had arrived. When I told him the problem was the motion lights, he told me that they weren't motion lights. I should have let that roll off my back, but I was tired and didn't respond in my happiest voice, telling him not to tell me that they weren't motion lights because I had just seen them turn on as I walked by. Rather than offer any sort of apology for my lousy night sleep, he became argumentative and told me not to get agitated with him. Sorry for being agitated sir. Had I actually slept in your hotel, I might have been in a better mood.

Bottom line: the GM at this location, from my experience at least, would be better off staying away from the front desk and leave customer relations/communications to his employees, all of whom left a positive impression.

The daytime desk guy (sorry I didn't get your name!) was especially helpful, not only in his regular hotel duties, but also by going an extra mile to help me when I found our car had a dead battery. He had recently bought a portable jump starter and quickly got it out of his car and got us started.

We also managed to leave a laptop computer there. It was one we didn't use much and it was a couple of weeks into our vacation that we realized we didn't have it. After eliminating some other possibilities, I called the hotel and they had found it and kept it safe, which was greatly appreciated.

I managed to miss that there was no pool or whirlpool. Not their fault of course, but it was a bit of a disappointment. The hotel has also made the mistake (IMO) of buying lower budget exercise equipment for their fitness room. The track on the treadmill was off terribly and while I didn't use anything else, I could see it was more like what you would buy for your home than what I would expect to find at a hotel.

Take away my experience with the lights and the GM, and they get a 4. If you don't encounter either, you may well be very satisfied with BW Country Suites. For most I suspect it's a pretty good value. For us, we'll probably spend a little more somewhere else next time in hopes of a little better experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hello Aaron,
If you are able to read this response, please give me a call at the hotel. I was the one who gave you a jump with the battery pack. I have a question for you as I was not made aware of any issues on your first night. Thank you for your time...
Murrells Inlet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Nice clean rooms with great amenities, close-by to everything and a professional caring staff and a safe location at this Best Western. You get all of this at great rates. I always stay here when I visit Indianapolis.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Great to here/see our guests comments, if you stay once, twice, or every week. We look forward to your next stay with us (your BW Family).

Marblehead, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Definitely would recommend this hotel suite for others who are traveling. I stayed the evening alone because I was on business but felt that it would have accommodated myself and my finance' just fine for pleasure as well. Love the separation between the setting area and actual bedroom part of the suite.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am ecstatic that you like our property. We love our guests and want to make sure you come back when in the area. Look forward to your next visit.
Milan, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!! As you walked down the corridor to the rooms it smelled like kitty litter, cigarette holes on furniture and bedding!! We went to Cosco to get bathroom cleaner to use before we felt comfortable in showering!! Not a good experience :(

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
SETH_DOS, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Country Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
We are embarrassed about the smell this guest is speaking of and I was not made aware of any cigarette burns in bedding. We have 1 room with a burn on the arm of the sofa, the bedding has all been replaced in the old smoking rooms as we are now a 100% non-smoking property. We had a water leak in an occupied room while the guest was away for a few days. Upon his return it was discovered and the room had begun to smell of mildew and continued to get worse after the room was opened. We did all we could as this was discovered the day before a large group checked in with no time to call in a cleaning company to remedy the smell after the leak was fixed. We refunded this guest her money along with a few others. This particular guest decided that due to finding a single live ant in a room that the room was unclean and gave no indication that she felt this way about the second room. Our property was just treated for insects as it is spring time, this obviously agitates them and they begin to get away from the treatment (THANKS TERMINIX). We do all we can to make sure our guests are happy and her comments online concerning a situation she led me/us to believe was resolved is not really fair to the staff of the hotel or the business owner. We will always go MILES beyond any other hotel to correct or make up for any problems/issues with our property that our guest’s may experience.

Been to BEST WESTERN Country Suites? Share your experiences!