“Room not cleaned very well” 2 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #23 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ohio
“Room not cleaned very well”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel looked nice on appearance, and on a quick glance I found my room to be acceptable as well. However, on closer inspection I found my room to be not cleaned very well. I always do bed bug checks of hotel beds, and while I didn't find any bed bugs I noticed numerous stains on the sheets and mattress, as well as a few stains of some type one of the towels in the bathroom. The glasses/mugs on the counter had also not been cleaned; one had old coffee stains on it, and the other had remnants of what appeared to be a sticky fruit drink in the bottom.

I thought the breakfast was slightly below average for a hotel of this type. Not having scrambled eggs available makes for a poor selection as I'm just not a fan of biscuits and gravy (seems to be a trend I'm noticing lately with hotels of this type too).

Other than that, I thought it was an alright stay, but a little extra cleaning to my room would have turned my rating to a 3 or 4. No comment on the price as I used hotel points on my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SETH_DOS, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Country Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our property.

I am truly sorry this room was not up to standard. This is not normal for our property and I have taken action to ensure this will not happen again. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us about your likes and dis-likes, you aid us in maintaining or improving our guests experience. I would recommend in the future notifying the desk when a problem is found this way we have a chance to correct any issue and provide you with the quality you deserve.

I hope you will give us another chance to show you that your recent experience at our property is far from our standards.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 317-879-1700.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete this review.

Director of Sales
BEST WESTERN Country Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
la Plata, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Access to Cosco is a plus. Nothing else special allows pets for a minimal charge. Fitness room is basic with treadmill, bike and ellipical. Breakfast was filling but bland. Coffee machine had expresso button that made the regular coffee drinkable. Bed was comfortable but sleep sofa was miserable. The suite setup was good and allowed for different activities without infringing on suitemates.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SETH_DOS, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Country Suites, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We are very happy to have had you stay with us. The comments you leave us let us know where we excel and if we need to make improvements. I am very disappointed to here that you did not care for our coffee as I get lots of complements on this in particular, as well as our breakfast. I would love to hear from you any suggestions as to how we can improve upon any aspect of our property.

Terre Haute, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was very pleased to find this hotel. The value was good, the hotel was beautiful and clean. The entire hotel is smoke free! Our room was a king suite and had 2 rooms, 2 tvs, a small kitchen and nice bathroom. The next morning we had a free hot breakfast and a friendly check out! Wonderful stay, unlike some in our past at other hotels. I will definitely stay again and highly recommend this hotel to all!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am happy that you have taken the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am excited that you enjoyed our property and more excited that you decided to tell everyone on TripAdvisor.com about it. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete a review of our property. We appreciate your business.

Director of Sales
Oakwood Village, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel is a great value and has a terrific attentive staff. I stayed here last week for buisness and found that this place has much more to offer than where I normally stay in town for work. The hotel is nice and clean, as was my room and linens. I like the nice front porch and porch swing where you can just hang out and unwind. There's also a lot of restaurants near to choose from. I will definitely be staying here again whenever my work brings me to Indianapolis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are very happy to have had you stay with us. The comments you leave us let us know where we excell and if we need to make improvements. I am excited to here that you enjoied you stay and love to here that you will be choosing us on your next visit to Indianapolis.

santa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

i was past by Indianapolis and stop at this hotel to stay overnight, this hotel was very good from outside and inside. staff was very gentle and helpful. breakfast was great and only thing they had missing was pool, but overall it was great place to stay i would remember this place next time i come back to Indianapolis.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are very happy to have had you stay with us. The comments you leave us let us know where we excell and if we need to make improvements. At this time we do not have a pool however this is in the plans for the future as we do not have the funds to install one at this time. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit to Indianapolis.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

An uneventful, satisfactory two day weekend stay. The internet connection was very slow for "high speed". A few more hot breakfast items, e.g. scrambled eggs, would have made breakfast more satisfying and enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Frankfort, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

needs a pool however; overall very satisfied with the comfort and the friendliness of the Best Western. There was a health issue for an employee & I was very pleased with the response of their co workers in covering the shift and working as a team. They were still able to even with shift change get us the items we requested to our room during this switch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Country Suites? Share your experiences!