“One excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis At The Crossing

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis At The Crossing to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis At The Crossing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“One excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I stayed at the Homewood Suites at the Crossing on Aug. 20 & 21 as part of a group attending a wedding. My mother and I roomed together. We both loved the room, with its two flat-screen TVs, fireplace, comfortable furniture, well-stocked kitchen, and nice decor. The bathroom was one of the type where the tub, shower, and toilet are in their own separate room with a door that can be closed between that area and the place where the sink and vanity are. This is always appreciated in a room where two people are staying and both need to get ready for an event.

I stay at hotels for work about 3-4 times per year, and have to say that the free breakfast was superlative -- quality and amount of food available were both excellent. We didn't even need to use the kitchen in our suite, except the coffee maker.

We did have one little problem, as there was a slight but noticeable smell in our room (only noticed it when first walking in, for about 5 minutes). It didn't seem quite right, so I reported it at the front desk the morning we were leaving. There happened to be a maintenance man also standing there, and I was very impressed that he took out a notebook and started writing in it about the smell just as I was explaining it to the desk clerk.

Overall, this was an excellent hotel, not far from a ton of shopping and lots of restaurants. It was a great place to stay during the wedding weekend.

I only have one photo of the inside of the living room in our suite. I'll upload it here.

• Stayed August 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Schererville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

We found this hotel through an event we were attending at the State Fair Grounds. This hotel was listed as the official hotel with a shuttle to & from the event.

My husband & I shared the room with my sister and her husband. The set-up of the room was great. You entered into a living room/kitchen area. There is a small table with two chairs for eating. A fridge, sink, dishwasher, stove top, & microwave, line the wall opposite the door. Our room had a couch & a chair in the living room space to the right and a tv in front of the couch. To the right, beyond the couch, was a doorway into one of the bedrooms. This room just had a (double) bed with a nightstand and a flat screen tv attached to the wall. The other bedroom was more to the left of the living area. It had a king bed, nightstand, desk w/ chair, dresser, & another flat screen tv. The bathroom was through the bedroom with the king size bed. The set-up was fine since we were all family members sharing the room. I wasn't super fond of the sink area being open to the main bedroom; it can just be annoying if someone is in the bathroom when you're trying to sleep.

Since we stayed on a Saturday night there was no evening snack reception but there was coffee when we got back on Saturday night and breakfast the next morning. Breakfast was pretty basic. Scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, toast, cereal, yogurt, etc.

For the $110 that we paid for the room it was a great deal. The outside entrances and hauling luggage up the stairs probably isn’t great for everyone. Parking seemed reasonably plentiful close to our room.

When we arrived at the hotel, the event we were headed to started in about two and a half hours. Lucky we asked the front desk about the shuttle because they were already full?! But before I could get really angry the manager stepped in and said that he’d run an early shuttle for us if we wanted and he’d set up cabs to make sure everyone got to the event & back. He gave us his card and the name of the cab company he uses and said to just let them know to call him about the fare. Excellent!

I’d totally stay at this hotel again, especially for more than two people. I don’t know that the two bedroom, two bath rooms are all that affordable though, I’d stick with the two bedroom option with one bath still. Location wise this hotel is right off of 465 and near shopping & restaurants.

(Please excuse the less than stellar cell phone photos. They are of the remodeled rooms unlike the older photos on this site.)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Homewoodgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis At The Crossing, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
Thank you very much for the posistive feedback on your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Keystone @ the Crossing in indianapolis. I remember your group very well and even though things got a little hectic I'm glad that Harry Tracy, my Operations Manager, was able to step in a solve the issue for your group. We look forward to having you back at the hotel the next time you are in Indianapolis.

Bill Cherry
Homewood Suites Keystone @ the Crossing
317.202.3450
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

We love to drive around the country and have always stayed at Hilton or Marriott chains.
This homewood is located only 1-2 minutes from the ramp, in a quiet residential neighborhood, away from the Mall traffic and highway noise, and yet has all the convenience that any traveler needs (food, shopping etc.). The lodges look more like a gated condo than hotels. That's the beauty of it. We stayed at King suite. Rooms are new and clean. With 2 young kids (3 & 7), it is big enough. The breakfast was SUPER! No paper plates or plastic forks! My husband never likes hot oatmeal but he couldn't stop getting more after 1 bowl.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Homewoodgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis At The Crossing, responded to this review, May 12, 2010
Thank you for the excellent review and the entire team here at the Homewood Suites Keystone appreciates your business and hope you will stay with us again in the future, we'll keep the oatmeal hot for you!!!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

This hotel is AWESOME. The outside kinda looks like a apartment complex, it's quiet and away from busy streets. First, the room came with a fireplace in a seperate living room area. There was a kitchen with frig, stove top, bowls, eating utensils, etc, and a seperate bedroom area. my room came with two queens, and the couch pulled out to make a third bed. Great Neutragena products and free makeup remover cloth which was a nice touch. Additionally, the room was pretty modern with two flat screen TVs. Breakfast was free and HOT! Oatmeal, cereal, yogurt bar, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage links, bacon, pastries, juices and milk, coffee and a wide assortment of teas. Very clean and yummy. The free newspaper on my door was a nice touch too. The stay even comes with free dinner, which changes everynight. They serve Creole, Asian, classic American like meatloaf, chicken potpie, and Chicken Cordon Blue. I was really impressed by the little "extras" that made this place stand out from a lot of other hotels.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

My family and I are living here for a month ubtil our real home is ready. It is great. The following is included. Breakfast, dinner, fitness room, internet, faxing, and more. It is all of great quality. Staff is very polite and always helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

This hotel has just undergone remodeling. At first I was set back by the detached buildings but by the second night they grew on me and I enjoyed my stroll down the sidewalks to my room. Its like staying at a resort. They had a complimentary "managers reception" that included beer & wine and a buffet of real food. Rooms are like small apartments and they have flat screen TVs in the bed rooms. Breakfast was included in the room price and it really hit the spot with real food again, not just cereal, bagels, and waffles; but oatmeal, eggs, sausage, and potatoes. Also, people who stay there seem more social that most places I go. They seemed to stay long in the lobby area with their laptops to do casual work or just be there to watch the community TVs.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

My first stay at a Homewood Suites. The food from 5-7pm was unexceptional but there was plenty of it, and you could easily make a free dinner out of it. The people bringing around the fruit were very pleasant. The pool doesn't open until 9 AM which is unfortunate if you want to use the jacuzzi to get the kinks out in the morning. The rooms are big and spaceous, and the internet access was fast enough and free. It is on the wrong side of the highway from most of the local restaurants and shopping- yuou wouldn;t walk from this hotel to anywhere. If you go, know it's on the south side of 86th street, because the signs are understated and you might miss it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis At The Crossing? Share your experiences!