“Outdated and not very clean rooms” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #78 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Massachusetts
“Outdated and not very clean rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here on a recent business trip to Indy. First the good: The staff that I interacted with were very friendly, attentive, and nice. They have plenty of parking, and the location is great. Right off a main highway (465), and right next to all the shops/restaurants at Keystone Crossing. Lots of shopping and dining options. I used the fitness center, and the treadmills and bikes were decent quality, each with it's own tv/ipod connection. Now the bad: The first room I checked into, the sink was completely clogged with some sort of black dirt. I immediately went back down to the front desk, they were apologetic and gave me a new room. Got to the new room, and noticed the door was not completely closed (I did not need my key card to get in, just pushed the door open). This was because the door was slightly damaged and did not close on its own. You needed to give it a good push (or pull) to make sure it was closed, and obviously the last person who left (cleaning people) did not do that. I got in the room, and there were black bootprints in the bathroom. Also, the ethernet cable did not work. (Wireless did work, but I use a lot of large files over VPN, so I need the fastest connection possible). I was tired so I ignored the footprints (they were cleaned the next day by the cleaning people), and they did send maintenance to try and fix the internet connection (unable to fix). One final note, they do not have free breakfast for all guests, only people who have a certain level of Marriott "points" have access to the concierge floor where they have free breakfast. Next time back to Indy I will probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We used our free night to stay here in the Keystone area. Room was very nice sized. The King bed did not give either of us a well rested night. It was hard and after 10 hours sleep still felt like it was 7am (hence why we slept so long). The pool was very nice. Hot Tub could have been hotter. Overall the room size was impressive and we had a nice view of Indy. Close to Keystone at the Crossing area and all it offers. Hotel is clean and looks very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Trumbull, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Had a 3 night stay here while visiting family. Rooms a a nice size with all of the usual amenities, including a large desk/work table. Bathroom was clean, but the towels are a bit on the thin side. Te breakfast buffet was more than adequate, although the eggs on the last day were stone cold. A good hotel but nothing spectacular.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pekin, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed her for two nights. The room was large but oddly did not have the usual small refrigerator in the room which was a bit inconvenient because we travel with yogurt and water that we like to keep cold. A very good TV, and roomy bathroom. The sheets/comforter/towels were all white and sparkling clean. The hotel itself was very clean with no stains on the carpets even in the common areas. They charge for WIFI - when are hotels going to get with the program? The hotel is a short distance from the large fashion shopping mall and many restaurants including P.F. Changs one of my favorites. Starbucks in the mall. A super breakfast/lunch restaurant just up the street Patachou. Very near all the chain stores - TJ Maxx home store, etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Having stayed with numerous marriotts all over the world, I was pleasantly surprised to find what my room in the Marriott Indianapolis North came with...a pair of men's underwear perched on the shelf in the closet. When I went down to the front desk to ask the to remove it, the front desk attendants did not even ask me what room I was in, I had to tell them which room I was in. And surprise, surprise, it was still there after I returned to my room after a long day of meetings. Needless to say, wow! Thanks a lot, made my stay in indianapolis quite enjoyable. Thank you, Marriott. Way to go, customer service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We just stayed at the Indianapolis Marriott North this weekend for a wedding. Our room was on the 8th floor, had a room with 2 double beds, and looked north over the suburban area. The room and bathroom had more space than a typical hotel room and had plenty of room for the four of us and our luggage. The beds and pillows were comfortable. We paid $10 per day extra to have Internet access but this included all the devices used in our room and was worth the add-on for us. The hotel had a pool and exercise room but we did not have time to use those. The hotel lobby was attractive and all the staff we encountered was accommodating, friendly, and appeared happy to assist when asked. We did not have to wait more than a second or two for an elevator and it quickly transported us to and from. The wedding reception we attended was held at the Marriott. The ballroom looked great and the serving staff did a wonderful job getting food in and out without interfering with the festivities taking place. They were quick and efficient when drink requests were made and it made for a great evening. We enjoyed our weekend and would definitely stay there again if we were in that area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a large wedding reception with many out of town guests so we got a great feel for this hotel over the course of several days. The rooms are very comfortable and clean....no complaints at all. Suggest a room with a lake view on a higher floor (there are 11 floors); can see all the way to downtown on a clear day. Tons of great shopping (Nordstrom, Saks) very close (within a bike ride) and great restaurants; Cheesecake Factory, Maggianos, PF Changs, Sullivans, Champs, Seasons 52, etc.). For breakfast go to Cafe Petit Chow...a top spot in Indy right down the street. Staff at hotel was nothing but first class at all levels; extremely helpful and always wanting to please. Indoor pool, hot tub, exercise room also great. Made our whole experience here great. Would highly recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: High floor...lake view.