We stayed at this Drury on a little 2-day outing. There are two Drury Inns in Indy, and we have stayed at both of them. This one is the older one but still very nice. The main difference is the bathroom in the room and the lobby area and dining area are smaller. This one is on the north side on Michigan Avenue, and the other one is on the northeast side of town on Shadeland Avenue. Like most Drurys, it had a covered drive-thru and 2 sets of automatic doors for making entry/exit much easier. Cara at check-in was so friendly and cordial. Found out that she is from Michigan. Check-in was quick and easy.
We love the Drurys because they have the PM food which makes leaving the hotel for dinner unnecessary. We enjoyed hot chili, fantastic baked potatoes, nachos and cheese, salad, hot dogs, chips, pretzels, unlimited soda, milk, coffee, and complimentary alcoholic beverages. Coffee is available 24/7, and popcorn is wonderful during the evening time. I just don't know why other major hotels are not offering the PM food. Would attract more guests, I believe. I like what Drury does with checkout. The bill is placed under the door, and if no problem exists, the guest may just leaves the keys to the room and be on the way.
One computer that was in a semi-private area was available for use. The fitness center had 5 machines, free weights, and an exercise ball. An outdoor pool was covered for the winter season.
Free internet is available in your room as well as 60 minutes of free local calls along with free nation-wide long distance. Our king room was very clean, had a very comfortable bed and a sparkling clean bathroom. A microwave and fridge were available. It also had a desk with an arm chair, a sitting chair, a chest of drawers, good lighting, 2 bed-side tables with a clock, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, a wall-mounted thermostat, and coffee and tea. The TV was a flat screen with a decent channel lineup. A lineup guide was provided but there was at least one error on the lineup. The guide needs to be up-to-date.
Like I said earlier, our bathroom was sparkling clean but a little small. It was all in one room with a shower/tub combo. It had a granite vanity and mirror with one sink and wonderful lighting. There is a constant exhaust so no separate fan switch. Drury is using environmental friendly shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Was disappointed that there was no lotion available so glad I had brought some on the trip.
The eating area was a little small. The lobby area had seating that could be used for overflow. Even though Drury is being environmentally friendly in the bathroom area, they need to change the utensils from styrofoam cups/plates to either fiberboard or actual dinnerware. Breakfast was good--both hot and cold food available--scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, cooked oatmeal, waffle machines, potatoes, fresh fruit, juices, bagels, toast, donuts, cold cereals.
Overall, we again enjoyed our stay at this Drury Inn. Would stay again in a heartbeat. Just keep on constructing more hotels throughout the country.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis
- Drury Inn Indianapolis Hotel
- Indianapolis Drury Inn
- Drury Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Drury
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Orbitz, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Drury Inn Indianapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.