“"Relaxation"” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Taylor Mill, Kentucky
“"Relaxation"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Have stayed here in the past and it just keeps getting better. Was treated like royalty at the Jimmy Guanas bar and grill by 2 of the most welcoming employees Lee and Nick! These 2 employees went out of their way to make our stay an enjoyable one. Highly recommend to anyone this resort !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
ILLinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed at this HIE for 3 days. Before booking I looked at the reviews and pictures and didn't see anything that would make me go elsewhere, boy I wish I had! First of all the pictures on here for this location are not correct, they in fact have pictures of their rooms, and of the rooms at the Hampton Inn down the street as their pictures, so you don't know which is which, and that means you really don't know what you're getting until you get there. Upon entering the hotel, the lobby was nice, and clean. The staff was welcoming, and helpful. As we got off the elevator going to our room there was this over powering smell, and it smelled like bug spray....the awful smelling kind in the big aluminum can that you have to hook up to a sprayer to spray places. I am all for getting rid of the bugs if there is a problem, but gee was it overpowering and lingered forever, and the next day it seemed to come into the room. The tub needs serious attention as the bottom is dirty, and looks as if they tried to clean it, but didn't do a good job at it. The ceiling above the tub has some chipping, and peeling paint, and the toilet was dirty. The base has a brown ring on the front, and you can actually see the dirt on the porcelain base, and on the inside. We requested a fridge for medicine, and there was a fridge, but it was rusty and dirty on the inside, and the shelves were all cracked, and rusty. You would think they would have at least taken the time to wipe it out before placing it in the room. I would have just rather not had a fridge, than to be given that one! The internet was horrible; it was slow, and I kept getting kicked off the network until finally I gave up, and to top it off it actually went completely down for about an hour. If you need the internet for work, and don’t have an air card, you are in trouble!For me the bed was a little too firs as My back, and hips were aching when I woke up the first morning. The good things about the room were the sheets, and towels were clean, the chairs were clean, and so was the carpeting. The wooden furniture was also in good shape. I don't think I will return here simply because as time goes on it will get worse if nothing is done about it now. This simply was not what I expected…The lobby is the nicest part of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HIXMGR, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear vacationNikki,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our staff at Holiday Inn Express Northwest appreciate you choosing to stay with us, as we know you have a lot of hotel options in the area. We would like to apologize for the experience you had while staying us. We pride ourselves in being a great hotel, guests love. Your feedback will not go unnoticed, we will continue to refine the guest experience to insure a better stay in the future.

Best Regards,

Holiday Inn Express General Manager
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

When we arrived someone in front of us was having a meltdown the desk clerk handled it very professionally and with grace. I was amazed. Our stay was very pleasant and had no major hiccups. The breakfast was a holiday inn express breakfast not bad but not great. Only real complaint was the internet. All in all a decent stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gilberts, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My son and I stayed here while attending the Big Ten Football Championship game as most downtown hotels were either sold out or were too expensive. I was surprised at how affordable the hotel was for this type of weekend and how close the hotel was to downtown Indy. The hotel is right off of I-465. As we arrived, I could tell the hotel was a bit older than other Holiday Inn Express hotels we have stayed in. However, once we walked in, I could tell that it had undergone renovations recently. The lobby was warm and inviting. The check-in process was smooth, and we even got bottled water and a bag of chips!

Arriving in the room, we noticed it was immaculate! The beds were made perfectly, and the furniture in the room was comfortable as well. Maybe the only complaint I had was that our curtain did not close all the way and there was a security light near our window, so I had to work a little bit to keep the light out, but nothing that I would knock the hotel for.

The shower was wonderful and the towels were very comfy. Since the game ended so late, we did not get to sleep until 1:00 a.m., so needless to say we slept in. When we checked in the front staff indicated that breakfast would be served until 9:30 a.m., so I was very surprised when we went down near 10:00 a.m. to see that some breakfast items were still available. The waffles and other hot items had already been put away, but there was still cereal, bagels, muffins, and juice available. I could see that the staff was cleaning up breakfast since it had been closed for nearly 30 minutes already. Rather than protest our being late, the staff actually asked if they could get me anything that was not out. Talk about great customer service!

I would highly recommend staying here if you are looking for an affordable and comfortable place to stay that is close to all that downtown Indy has to offer!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Internet sucks!! My 3G Iphone from Verizon is faster than their Internet speed!!
It is not my computer because first I tried with two laptops and secondly i'm IT Engineer so believe me their Internet connection sucks!! They should fire the company who install their network and hire someone else ASAP!!
Download speed of 0.51 Mbps
Upload speed of 0.48 Mbps
Also it is not due to usage because i tested this different days, different times even when the hotel was almost empty!

Their TV sucks!! Some old lCD TV that in order to turn it on, you have to try like 10 times! and if you try to turn it off, it might freeze and the red light will flash and in order to reset it "You have to disconnect the power cord"

My land line phone was not working! The phone was not charged and I didn't have dial tone at all!

No central air or even a wall unit AC/HEAT Control.

Everything else...was acceptable. I will make sure everyone I know from the company I work and sends hundreds of people down here to make sure they don't stay at this hotel. We as Engineers need reliable Internet connection!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Adraab10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hello Noxcusescarwash,

I wanted to send you a quick message to apologize for your recent issues outlined in your review of the Holiday Inn Express. We take all negative reviews very seriously and I have made all staff aware of your dissatisfaction. Our goal is to have everyone leave 100% satisfied with their stay and I regret that you couldn't leave with the same sentiment.

In regards to the Internet, we recently corrected an issue which has increased overall speed, which is considerable in comparison to what you posted. As for the TVs, they can be temperamental and delayed in turning on, which if the button is repeatedly pushed can cause a freeze. We have never received an complaint about the land lines not functioning so I'll reach out to you directly for more information.

Once again, I do apologize that you found your stay to be unacceptable. I can assure you, our team works diligently to offer the best accommodations and we look to review every issue outlined. Although you didn't find your stay enjoyable, we hope you may consider staying with us again in the future.

Take Care,
GM
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We made our reservations through priceline, and so we were happily surprised to be at a holiday inn! the room was huge, the bed was WONDERFULLY comfortable, and the service at the front desk was great. There was some kind of conference going on at the same time we were staying there, but we didnt notice anything at all! We did have a maid start to open our door and come in while we were still sleeping.... which was a bit jarring, but didnt spoil the experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hillsboro, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed with the rooms or the service. Everyone is very friendly and actually talks to you--rooms are clean and modern--good breakfast and pleasant surroundings. Only negative-the bathroom was on the small side!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100? Share your experiences!