“Affordable and Very Comfortable!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #50 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Gilberts, IL
“Affordable and Very Comfortable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My son and I stayed here while attending the Big Ten Football Championship game as most downtown hotels were either sold out or were too expensive. I was surprised at how affordable the hotel was for this type of weekend and how close the hotel was to downtown Indy. The hotel is right off of I-465. As we arrived, I could tell the hotel was a bit older than other Holiday Inn Express hotels we have stayed in. However, once we walked in, I could tell that it had undergone renovations recently. The lobby was warm and inviting. The check-in process was smooth, and we even got bottled water and a bag of chips!

Arriving in the room, we noticed it was immaculate! The beds were made perfectly, and the furniture in the room was comfortable as well. Maybe the only complaint I had was that our curtain did not close all the way and there was a security light near our window, so I had to work a little bit to keep the light out, but nothing that I would knock the hotel for.

The shower was wonderful and the towels were very comfy. Since the game ended so late, we did not get to sleep until 1:00 a.m., so needless to say we slept in. When we checked in the front staff indicated that breakfast would be served until 9:30 a.m., so I was very surprised when we went down near 10:00 a.m. to see that some breakfast items were still available. The waffles and other hot items had already been put away, but there was still cereal, bagels, muffins, and juice available. I could see that the staff was cleaning up breakfast since it had been closed for nearly 30 minutes already. Rather than protest our being late, the staff actually asked if they could get me anything that was not out. Talk about great customer service!

I would highly recommend staying here if you are looking for an affordable and comfortable place to stay that is close to all that downtown Indy has to offer!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Internet sucks!! My 3G Iphone from Verizon is faster than their Internet speed!!
It is not my computer because first I tried with two laptops and secondly i'm IT Engineer so believe me their Internet connection sucks!! They should fire the company who install their network and hire someone else ASAP!!
Download speed of 0.51 Mbps
Upload speed of 0.48 Mbps
Also it is not due to usage because i tested this different days, different times even when the hotel was almost empty!

Their TV sucks!! Some old lCD TV that in order to turn it on, you have to try like 10 times! and if you try to turn it off, it might freeze and the red light will flash and in order to reset it "You have to disconnect the power cord"

My land line phone was not working! The phone was not charged and I didn't have dial tone at all!

No central air or even a wall unit AC/HEAT Control.

Everything else...was acceptable. I will make sure everyone I know from the company I work and sends hundreds of people down here to make sure they don't stay at this hotel. We as Engineers need reliable Internet connection!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Adraab10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hello Noxcusescarwash,

I wanted to send you a quick message to apologize for your recent issues outlined in your review of the Holiday Inn Express. We take all negative reviews very seriously and I have made all staff aware of your dissatisfaction. Our goal is to have everyone leave 100% satisfied with their stay and I regret that you couldn't leave with the same sentiment.

In regards to the Internet, we recently corrected an issue which has increased overall speed, which is considerable in comparison to what you posted. As for the TVs, they can be temperamental and delayed in turning on, which if the button is repeatedly pushed can cause a freeze. We have never received an complaint about the land lines not functioning so I'll reach out to you directly for more information.

Once again, I do apologize that you found your stay to be unacceptable. I can assure you, our team works diligently to offer the best accommodations and we look to review every issue outlined. Although you didn't find your stay enjoyable, we hope you may consider staying with us again in the future.

Take Care,
GM
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We made our reservations through priceline, and so we were happily surprised to be at a holiday inn! the room was huge, the bed was WONDERFULLY comfortable, and the service at the front desk was great. There was some kind of conference going on at the same time we were staying there, but we didnt notice anything at all! We did have a maid start to open our door and come in while we were still sleeping.... which was a bit jarring, but didnt spoil the experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hillsboro, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed with the rooms or the service. Everyone is very friendly and actually talks to you--rooms are clean and modern--good breakfast and pleasant surroundings. Only negative-the bathroom was on the small side!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very personable staff, we were always greeted with a smile. James Haley and Larry Thacker stand out in particular. A great spot to stay while visiting family and checking out the zoo. Breakfast was really good, great service and food. Clean and comfortable rooms, clean dining room.The kids especially liked the pool.Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I had a great stay at this Holiday Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful, thank you Jackie and Michael. Breakfast was the best I've had at any hotel. Hope to be able to visit again soon. Went to the zoo and Jackie had some good ideas about the best things to do around town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Martinsville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The room was very clean and nicely decorated, the bed was really well made and clean, and the furniture was very nice. The bathroom was nice, although a tad small. I loved the breakfast room; it was different from all the breakfast rooms I had seen before because it had a nice architecture and several sitting areas. Breakfast was good and had plenty of options. I really liked this hotel! I wish we would have stayed longer!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100? Share your experiences!