“LOVED THIS PLACE!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3850 DePauw Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis North (At The Pyramids))   |
Ranked #135 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
Harrisburg, Illinois
“LOVED THIS PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

I stayed at this hotel on business. I had stayed here previously, about 2 years ago when it was a Holiday Inn Select, so there are a few comparisons I can make.

First of all, While I like Noble Roman's Pizza, I miss the Pizza Hut Express that was in there when it was a HI SELECT. Second, why did they have to remove the Piano?

But the rooms were just as clean and wonderful as I remembered. The beds were comfortable, and when I asked for a balcony room, they gave me one with no trouble (which was awesome considering I was only paying $41.00)

I wish that this was still a Holiday Inn Select, as it catered more to the type of clientele I am used to being around. (business travelers). The INDY SPORTS GRILLE was better off as BENCHWARMERS, but the staff were nice, and I enjoyed Caribbean Cove.

Wonderful Wonderful Place, and I will return here if I am in the IND area again.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — That it is no longer a Holiday Inn Select, which catered more to Business Clientele
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ohio, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

We booked a king room with a fold out couch and when we arrived we were given a room with double beds. The meals were quite expensive even with the children eating free. The breakfast buffet was terrible. Our children are 2 and 6 and they were entertained but I do not think staying any longer than one night would of worked. The kiddie pool was quite cold.

For the price I would not recommend.
We will not be going back.

• Disliked — the small room we were given
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2008

We just spent the Friday after Thanksgiving at this hotel. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children ( 6 and 8 years old)so we had reserved a king room with a pull out couch. Upon check-in we were given a room with 2 double beds.. caught the wording and showed them our original booking. No problem we were given 2 adjoining queen rooms- perfect. We arrived early so we had all day at the water park and the rooms were ready. The kids needed a snack after a few hours of swimming so we went to the snack bar and bought 3 sodas and a pretzel with cheese for $10.00. That night we went out to dinner- plenty of restaurants nearby. Sat. morning we got up and had breakfast at the hotel, kids eat free. I think the adult buffets were $10.00 not too bad. We were allowed late check out- 12:30. We headed home in the afternoon but could have stayed until 10pm. We found the front desk extremely helpful as well as friendly. The life guards are no nonsense which was very reassuring. Yes at times you had to wait for a double tube but once we got one we just held onto it.

We will be returning.

• Stayed November 2008
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

Unbelievable horrible experience at this hotel for my daughter’s 10th bday…when I called reservations I secured a ground room floor for easy access to and from the pool. The day I checked in after waiting 30 minutes in a sea of parents and children at 4PM (yep can’t check in until 4P and check out is 11AM next day) I was given my plastic key. It didn’t work. I inquired with a maid and she happily let me into the room I wasn’t supposed to be in on the ground floor which I booked. Instead, I found out I was four floors up from that location. Irritated, I didn’t complain about the change of rooms; however, I did purchase 3 additional swimming wrist bands @ $20 each. Not 20 minutes after checking in, I found out that the 3 additional guests weren’t coming, thus inquired about a reimbursement for the unused swim wrist bands. I was told there is a strict no refund and perhaps I should try to SELL them in the lobby of people who are waiting to check in to their rooms. (Scalping wrist bands I inquired?) I asked to speak to the manager, but to no avail. I was put on hold and returned to the same clerk with the same answer. My children; however, did have fun swimming, but pictures from the web made Caribbean Cove look huge, but is much smaller than it looks. The locker room REEKED of urine. The rooms are small. For an overnight stay with 5 swim wrist bands I paid $364. I NEVER write reviews, but felt compelled to let others know about this. Yes, I did speak to the front desk the next day. I was reimbursed for the wrist bands. My recommendation for a run-down, hyped-up swim excursion is don’t waste your time or money.

• Liked — Pool for the kids
  • Disliked — Staff and Accommodations
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

Our son (age 4) and daugher (age 7) love Great Wolf Lodge. We've been to the one in Mason, Ohio twice. Last winter my wife and I thought we'd try Caribbean Cove right here in Indiana. We were very, very disappointed. The rooms are adequate, and the breakfast is alright, but the reason we chose Holiday Inn - North at the Pyramids was for the water park. What a mistake. It's much, much smaller than Great Wolf Lodge, and that's OK, but the water was so COLD it was simply unbearable. After no more than 10 minuntes we left. Fortunately, we're familiar with Indianapolis so we could find other enjoyable things to do. (Indianapolis is a great city). Caribbean Cove however is a complete waste of time and space! Stay someplace without a "water park," and save the money!

• Liked — Breakfast was nice
  • Disliked — Ice COLD water in water park
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Joliet, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Let's just say I didn't even make it there. I reserved the room a month prior to my one night stay. When I called to reserve, I asked many questions to make sure I had my facts straight about the room and waterpark. I asked if I was able to use the waterpark if I arrived early before my check-in time of 4pm. I was informed by one of their staff that this would be perfectly ok. I called the night before to confirm my reservation and asked again if it would be ok to use the park if I arrived early and the lady at the desk told me no. She informed me that I was not able to use the park until 4pm at the time of my check-in. Now this upset me because the only reason I had booked the hotel was because of the waterpark's all day use. I was also traveling from 3 HOURS AWAY to celebrate my anniversary at this waterpark. Since it was my anniversary I had planned to go to dinner. So between check-in, waterpark, showers, and dinner, I was paying $230 to use the park for a grand total of 3 hours.

I called the Guest Relations number (A.K.A Corporate) and they informed me that there was nothing that they could do and that it was up to the hotel itself. Very upset by this, I called the hotel back and I talked to several people in charge and all of them were very rude and not accomidating. Not one person would do anything to help me! I couldn't belive it! I even asked if they could just send a credit to another branch closer to my home and they refused.

After talking to a very nice lady at a branch close to my home, she recommeneded to call my credit card company and dispute the charge. I did this and the results are pending. I will never stay at another Holiday Inn.

Please do not go through all of this trouble for a romantic night away...stay at home!!!

• Liked — That I got to cancel.
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northern Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

We booked one night (midweek) waterpark package about one month in advance(2 adults, a 6 yr old and 5 yr old) The rate was around $269. It was "spring break" for us (Northern Illinois area), and expected it to be somewhat busy. We were hesitant after reading the previous reviews but, as it is one of only two waterpark "resorts" in Indiana, and close to our other destination, we thought we would try it. We knew we were in trouble when we saw the parking lot. VERY crowded. Checkin took about 20 min (lines). The lobby of the hotel is quite nice, I wish they would have spend more updating the rooms which I would rate only as adequate.
We got to the waterpark late afternoon and it was packed. Compared to other waterparks we have been to, it is small to mid sized. We spent most of the time at the kiddie area and pool w/ basketball hoops, and hot tubs (also busy) as it was so busy. You couldn't even get a tube to go down "lazy river" unless you wanted to walk back and forth, and hope that someone would finish while you were there. The lines for the waterslides snaked down the stairs (long). We found out later that the Indianapolis area was not on spring break until the following week. I can't even imagine what the place must be like then!!!!
Another problem, the smell of chlorine throughout the hallway and our room was overpowering in my opinion. You can imagine how strong it was in the park itself.
We ate at the Cafe St. Paul (buffet or ala carte -kids eat free). But that too, was barely average and overpriced.
I don't see us going back.....

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!