“Great Place on a cold day for the kids” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3850 DePauw Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis North (At The Pyramids))   |
Ranked #135 of 183 hotels in Indianapolis
Peru, Indiana
“Great Place on a cold day for the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I took my children here this Memorial Day Weekend. We had booked a room that views the Atrium. Which was a very good choice! I suggest you pay the extra 10$ for the Atrium room it has a balcony that over looks the Swimming pool, ( not the water park). But it was a great view. The room was worth the price, it was a nice area to rest in between visits to the water park. The Indoor water park was a bit smaller than I expected, but it did have 3 fun slides for those 42" or taller, a lazy river, a nice play area that has water squirting from everywhere, a hot tub, and a pool area with basketball hoops set up. The Indoor Water Park area was not very clean! but my kids are 2, 7, 14, & 34! They all enjoyed it. There is also a game room above the water park area. The hotel itself was very nice! Nice restaurants, but beware the dinner buffet. The food was cold even though there was still steam coming from the pans :-(

Room Tip: I personally would have enjoyed the bottom floor with the Atrium view. Some of them even have tables...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CCH M, Manager at Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your post! We love to hear positive feedback from our guests because it shows that our hard work is paying off. We know that it is much easier to spread the word if your stay is less than expected but to take the time to write something positive is a amazing gift! We thank you again and hope to see you back soon! If you need anything don't hesitate to give us a call!!

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

As expected it was a very busy weekend for the hotel since it was Memorial Day Weekend and the Indy 500 was taking place - BUT you would think this would motivate the hotel to put on their best for their guests. I am not typically someone who writes reviews but a hour into our visit I started taking notes of all the things I found disappointing so I could share it with others thinking about staying here.
- We had requested cribs to be in our room (once when we called and once when we checked in three hours before actually heading to our room) - there was no crib
- when I went to call the front desk to ask about bringing up a crib the phone didn't work and I couldn't find anywhere in the room where the number to the front desk was listed so I could call using my cell phone
- the elevators were very dirty
- the clocks in our room were all saying different times (not the end of the world - but annoying!)
- housekeeping carts were blocking the elevators when we were trying to carry out our stuff to the car making it very difficult
- at the water park our two year old twins were so excited to play in the kiddie area but it was completely over taken by teenagers there on a youth retreat of some sort and none of the lifeguards were helpful in telling them to play elsewhere so our kids couldn't even enjoy the water park
- the included breakfast with our package was nothing special at all
- there were ANTS in both our bathroom and in the morning we found them in OUR BED :(
- our room was on the inside courtyard but our balcony looked directly at a brick wall and felt very claustrophobic
- when asked about late check-out they were very rude about it

Overall it was a disappointment and we were thankful we were only staying one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Norwood, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and family emergency in late April. The hotel front desk staff was very messy and unprofessional. They were discussing the business of the conference with people checking in. They had reservations all messed up and additionally even were checking people into duplicate rooms. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone until they clean house with new management and new front desk people that know how to be professional and courteous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
La Crescent, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We spent the weekend here while attending qualifications for the Indy 500. Late check-in after a long drive, but the friendly front desk clerk checked us in quickly so we could get some rest. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated.

The only thing wrong with the room was one light bulb burned out above the shower. We left a note for housekeeping and when we returned at the end of the first day the light was fixed (and left on so that we knew that it had been fixed).

We didn't have time to use the pool or hot tub but everyone looked like they were enjoying it.

The hotel is easy to find and parking was plentiful. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We've lived in Indianapolis for awhile and decided to take a mini "staycation" to the Caribbean Cove hotel. My husband and I both enjoy waterparks, so it was a logical choice to spend a night away from home at a hotel WITH a waterpark! First recommendation - book your hotel on a travel site like Expedia, as you'll save on average 25% (for us it was about $30 after taxes). Second recommendation: Don't buy your waterpark passes as part of a package - it saves you $0. Bring a donation for Gleaners Food Bank and save $5 per pass (check website to see if promo is still going on when you want to go). The $30 we saved on the hotel room paid for our waterpark passes. Third recommendation: If you book room externally, be prepared for a small hassle at front desk. It has nothing to do with you, and I still recommend booking through a travel site, but it didn't appear as if the front desk staff was really willing and knowledgeable about processing those kinds of reservations. The young lady that checked us in actually told me it was a pain for her to process these reservations. I mean, it is her job right, to handle reservations? If she had an issue, she should bring it up with her management, not me. Fourth recommendation: be prepared to eat breakfast out. I don't believe they offer free breakfast on the weekends, and the "breakfast buffet" that was advertised on Expedia consisted only of cold cereal, some donuts (one variety only) and yogurt. What was really disappointing and misleading was the setup for a hot breakfast buffet, complete with plates, but no food. Apparently there were bagels and toast available, but you had to ask and you were given whatever they chose for you (I got an everything bagel, which was fine because I love them, but was not offered any choices). To sum: the hotel interior is really nice, rooms are decent, waterpark access is convenient (but park is mainly geared toward children), and do not plan on eating onsite. The only highlight? The front desk attendant (I think her name was Precious) was very helpful and was concerned and upset that we were promised a "breakfast buffet" and only got cold cereal and yogurt.

Room Tip: There are no blackout curtains you can draw, so ask for an interior room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CCH M, Manager at Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Caribbean Cove Hotel. We take all reviews seriously and it helps us in making the experience better. Customer service is our number one priority and it begins at the front desk. I apologize that your were promised an hot breakfast buffet and only a continental breakfast was available. we usually have a hot breakfast buffet on Saturday and Sunday's do to our high occupancy. This review was passed on to the front office manager and the food and beverage director.

management
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

It really depends what you are looking for when you stay here...in my case I was looking for the cheapest possible rate in the Indianapolis area (at least a 3 star rating) for a 5 night stay. Free parking, easy access to 465, indoor pool, jacuzzi. I was given a room on the 4th floor facing Michigan. I had no issues with noise, the room was basic but clean, comfy bed, heat worked perfectly fine, decent water pressure/hot water. Best way to describe this place is an older Holiday Inn - and consider everything else it offers as a plus...I did not utilize the waterpark but it seems like a good place to spend a family weekend and if you can score a deal well even better. If I could I would rate it 2 1/2 ** but not quite 3 - hallways are smelly dingy & I did not like that the outside entrance does not lock anyone can walk in anytime of night, doors do not lock in the evening as is posted.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
thank you for your review of the Caribbean Cove Hotel. We take all reviews seriously as it helps us make the necessary changes to make the experience better. I am happy that you had a good time at our hotel and your review is being forward to all managers at our property.

Management
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

After two horrible reservations through hotels.com that had to be canceled I found myself without a place to stay in Indianapolis with my 3 year old. I arrived at Caribbean Cove and was greeted by Deanna, who was absolutely lovely. She was quick, knowledgable and gave my son a free pass to the water park. What a pleasant surprise to actually find someone who still knows what customer service is and cares enough to actually make an effort to practice it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Caribbean Cove Hotel. Customer service is our number one priority and it begins at the front desk. This review will be forwarded to the management of the hotel.

Management

Been to Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!