“Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3850 DePauw Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis North (At The Pyramids))   |
Ranked #138 of 184 hotels in Indianapolis
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

As expected it was a very busy weekend for the hotel since it was Memorial Day Weekend and the Indy 500 was taking place - BUT you would think this would motivate the hotel to put on their best for their guests. I am not typically someone who writes reviews but a hour into our visit I started taking notes of all the things I found disappointing so I could share it with others thinking about staying here.
- We had requested cribs to be in our room (once when we called and once when we checked in three hours before actually heading to our room) - there was no crib
- when I went to call the front desk to ask about bringing up a crib the phone didn't work and I couldn't find anywhere in the room where the number to the front desk was listed so I could call using my cell phone
- the elevators were very dirty
- the clocks in our room were all saying different times (not the end of the world - but annoying!)
- housekeeping carts were blocking the elevators when we were trying to carry out our stuff to the car making it very difficult
- at the water park our two year old twins were so excited to play in the kiddie area but it was completely over taken by teenagers there on a youth retreat of some sort and none of the lifeguards were helpful in telling them to play elsewhere so our kids couldn't even enjoy the water park
- the included breakfast with our package was nothing special at all
- there were ANTS in both our bathroom and in the morning we found them in OUR BED :(
- our room was on the inside courtyard but our balcony looked directly at a brick wall and felt very claustrophobic
- when asked about late check-out they were very rude about it

Overall it was a disappointment and we were thankful we were only staying one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Norwood, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and family emergency in late April. The hotel front desk staff was very messy and unprofessional. They were discussing the business of the conference with people checking in. They had reservations all messed up and additionally even were checking people into duplicate rooms. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone until they clean house with new management and new front desk people that know how to be professional and courteous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
La Crescent, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We spent the weekend here while attending qualifications for the Indy 500. Late check-in after a long drive, but the friendly front desk clerk checked us in quickly so we could get some rest. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated.

The only thing wrong with the room was one light bulb burned out above the shower. We left a note for housekeeping and when we returned at the end of the first day the light was fixed (and left on so that we knew that it had been fixed).

We didn't have time to use the pool or hot tub but everyone looked like they were enjoying it.

The hotel is easy to find and parking was plentiful. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We've lived in Indianapolis for awhile and decided to take a mini "staycation" to the Caribbean Cove hotel. My husband and I both enjoy waterparks, so it was a logical choice to spend a night away from home at a hotel WITH a waterpark! First recommendation - book your hotel on a travel site like Expedia, as you'll save on average 25% (for us it was about $30 after taxes). Second recommendation: Don't buy your waterpark passes as part of a package - it saves you $0. Bring a donation for Gleaners Food Bank and save $5 per pass (check website to see if promo is still going on when you want to go). The $30 we saved on the hotel room paid for our waterpark passes. Third recommendation: If you book room externally, be prepared for a small hassle at front desk. It has nothing to do with you, and I still recommend booking through a travel site, but it didn't appear as if the front desk staff was really willing and knowledgeable about processing those kinds of reservations. The young lady that checked us in actually told me it was a pain for her to process these reservations. I mean, it is her job right, to handle reservations? If she had an issue, she should bring it up with her management, not me. Fourth recommendation: be prepared to eat breakfast out. I don't believe they offer free breakfast on the weekends, and the "breakfast buffet" that was advertised on Expedia consisted only of cold cereal, some donuts (one variety only) and yogurt. What was really disappointing and misleading was the setup for a hot breakfast buffet, complete with plates, but no food. Apparently there were bagels and toast available, but you had to ask and you were given whatever they chose for you (I got an everything bagel, which was fine because I love them, but was not offered any choices). To sum: the hotel interior is really nice, rooms are decent, waterpark access is convenient (but park is mainly geared toward children), and do not plan on eating onsite. The only highlight? The front desk attendant (I think her name was Precious) was very helpful and was concerned and upset that we were promised a "breakfast buffet" and only got cold cereal and yogurt.

Room Tip: There are no blackout curtains you can draw, so ask for an interior room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CCH M, Manager at Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Caribbean Cove Hotel. We take all reviews seriously and it helps us in making the experience better. Customer service is our number one priority and it begins at the front desk. I apologize that your were promised an hot breakfast buffet and only a continental breakfast was available. we usually have a hot breakfast buffet on Saturday and Sunday's do to our high occupancy. This review was passed on to the front office manager and the food and beverage director.

management
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

It really depends what you are looking for when you stay here...in my case I was looking for the cheapest possible rate in the Indianapolis area (at least a 3 star rating) for a 5 night stay. Free parking, easy access to 465, indoor pool, jacuzzi. I was given a room on the 4th floor facing Michigan. I had no issues with noise, the room was basic but clean, comfy bed, heat worked perfectly fine, decent water pressure/hot water. Best way to describe this place is an older Holiday Inn - and consider everything else it offers as a plus...I did not utilize the waterpark but it seems like a good place to spend a family weekend and if you can score a deal well even better. If I could I would rate it 2 1/2 ** but not quite 3 - hallways are smelly dingy & I did not like that the outside entrance does not lock anyone can walk in anytime of night, doors do not lock in the evening as is posted.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
thank you for your review of the Caribbean Cove Hotel. We take all reviews seriously as it helps us make the necessary changes to make the experience better. I am happy that you had a good time at our hotel and your review is being forward to all managers at our property.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

After two horrible reservations through hotels.com that had to be canceled I found myself without a place to stay in Indianapolis with my 3 year old. I arrived at Caribbean Cove and was greeted by Deanna, who was absolutely lovely. She was quick, knowledgable and gave my son a free pass to the water park. What a pleasant surprise to actually find someone who still knows what customer service is and cares enough to actually make an effort to practice it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Caribbean Cove Hotel. Customer service is our number one priority and it begins at the front desk. This review will be forwarded to the management of the hotel.

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in the U.S. The only reason I went was because I purchased a coupon for it. We arrived, Friday and was supposed to stay until Sunday. I was so frustrated I left Saturday night. The hotel is old, with old decor. The water park is small but enough for small kids. Not much for adults.

Friday night we asked for extra blankets. It took 45 minutes for us to receive those. I called the front desk twice and just went down there myself after 30 minutes. The next day we went downstairs for the complimentary breakfast. There was a line. A hostess was there but not giving any information as to how long the wait would be. I asked her and she seemed confused on what to say. When we finally got a seat after about 20 minutes (the people in front of me waited 20 minutes before I got there). Most people got the complimentary breakfast so all the server had to do was get drinks. WHY was the server slow as hell to get drinks?? I told her that I wanted the menu because I didn't want anything on the complimentary bar. It took 20 minutes she still never came back to take my order. I called the manager over to complain, he apologized and took my order. All I had was scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes and 2 pancakes. Can you believe that took 20 minutes to make!! The pancakes were horrendous, I didn't even eat them. The manager came over and apologized for the wait, he had the head cook come out and apologize. No one offered me a discount or a comp on this lousy service!

In the hallway to our room some of the wallpaper was ripped open with clear mold spores on it. No lie, about 10 of them. Right out in the open! How pathetic is that! We went to the pool Saturday afternoon, they were out of towels. I asked if new towels were coming, the guy said "I think so". New towels took 1.5 hours to come.

So when I went to checkout, there were 3 people ahead of me. Took exactly 30 minutes, to get to me. In that space of time one woman was loudly complaining to a supervisor about an issue, another couple came by and asked to speak to the manager and the first woman who complained came back to speak to a different supervisor.

Nothing about this place is efficient or effective.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of the Caribbean Cove Hotel. We take all reviews seriously. I apologize for your disappointed stay with us. this review will be forwarded to all the managers and staff to read. We will discuss this and use the information provided to help create a better experience for our guests

Management

Been to Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!