“Tried to give it the benefit of the doubt... DON'T GO!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center

You added Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3850 DePauw Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis North (At The Pyramids))   |
Ranked #146 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Tried to give it the benefit of the doubt... DON'T GO!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I booked a living social voucher thinking we would give the water park a try since it is was close for one night on a Friday. We checked in at 6:30pm and waited about 20 minutes to get our room. They had everything ready so that went fairly smooth. Once we got to the room, it was very outdated and needed alot of things replaced. The wallpaper had bubbles in it- the ceiling had some large water spots, toilet paper holder was broken, the door needed painted VERY badly and was cracked and peeling. The big thing we noticed was that as soon as we got into the room was the noise- we stayed on the ground floor looking at the pool area from our sliding glass door. I looked out the sliding glass door and it was FULL- of unsupervised screaming children- the hot tub had at least 20 small kids playing, running and screaming unsupervised. We decided to try the waterpark and went inside and they were out of towels and out of lifejackets.... not going so well. We stayed for about an hour and then decided to go back t0 the room. Kids were everywhere- the lifeguards looked as if they were half paying attention and completely not holding order at all. Kids were walking up the small childrens waterslides, no parents in sight and they would blow their whistle and then just keep walking- it was a mess. There was only 1 attendant at the top of the waterslides and she was having trouble keeping order, finally she looked at me and said, go ahead and go- no instruction, nothing. We went back to the room to watch a move and eat the snack we had brought. Let's just sat at 11:45pm we packed and things and went home- kids were running the halls screaming profanitites, doors slamming, the pool was full of yelling people and kids were running above us back and forth back and forth. Finally, our 3 year old said, can we go home please- pretty sad!! Don't waste your money and go to Great Wolf! I figured I would give it a try for a fun night but don't even go- you will be VERY disappointed!

Room Tip: Go to Great Wolf Lodge, don't waste you money here.
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CCH M, Manager at Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your feed back. We have made many updates to our overnight rooms and hotel facilities. With over 300 rooms in our hotel we have many location options for you to choose from. If you are concerned noise or convenience we can find the right room for you. Our lifeguards do have weekly training classes and are highly skilled and trained. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at 317-872-9790 and a manager will be happy to talk to you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Champaign IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our stay at the cove was bad from the moment we stepped in the hotel!!! There was a line and we stood in that line for almost 3 hours to check in, the help was not apolgetic in NOWAY,no eye contact,not sure they even new what they were doing & that was with the hotel mamager( Deanna W. by there side..All I heard was excuses instead of solutions!! we did NOT get the room we paid for, they gave it away!!! This is one mom that is TICKED off!! We paid 169.00 for a dirty pubic filled room, they gave us a queen size room when we paid for a king size and pull out , the roll around bed was awful for our daughter, it had springs coming up out of the bed!! "HORRIBLE" so we shared our queen size bed with our 7 year old "NOT GOOD" The water park was over filled there were NO towels the hot tub was dirty and discusting and filled with discusting brown foam!!! If I could give them a overall rating they wouldnt even get a 1/4 of a star, this is no less of a fles bag hotel!!!!!!! Save your time and $$$$$ and the agrivation , your time spent at this hotel will be no vacation!!!!!!!! We work to hard for our money to just have it stolen from the likes of this compay, I would rather have thrown our money into the wind!! Also dont use a 3rd party to book your room, they have been NO help in refunding our cash... Excuses Excuses!!!!!! Free breakfast was very cold but the waiters were kind!!

Room Tip: My tip to future travelers CHOOSE ANOTHER HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We recently had a major problem with our checkin system which was the cause of the long wait to checkin. We have replaced the system and there will be no long waits in the future. We have order over 6,000 towels, hired more staff, updated overnight rooms, stocked up on guest supplies, and trained our staff to go above and beyond to take care of our guests. Please give us a call at 317-872-9790 and a manager would be more than happy to talk to you about any concerns you might have.
Englewood, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband, two daughters and I arrived on Sunday 2/17 for a one night stay over President's Day weekend. We were told check in was at 4p. I inquired by phone earlier in the day and was told NO early check in due to hotel being sold out for the weekend. We live 1hr 30 min away, so we drove in and arrived at 405pm. There were at least 100 people in line with three check in windows open. The line did move and about an hour into the wait I was about 15 people away from "my turn". Then the line stopped moving and we watched people who had previously checked in, return to the reservation counter with issues. The issues were that either the rooms weren't ready (not clean yet) or there was a family already staying in the room. The checkout process took about 2 hrs because of this issue. I inquired about wrist bands for the waterpark and was told that they have a list of our names down at the park. My check in agent apologized many times and was near tears. As soon as I received the room key, I ran to the room to make sure it was ready. It was, but NO towels or washclothes in the room. The room was very hard to heat/cool, the floor of the bathtub appeared dirty, and the toilet paper roll was broken so the toilet paper roll was laid on the bathroom counter. Then we entered the water park....no one there to take our names, no organization, and how would anyone know if the people in the waterpark were even hotel guests? Our first impression was either that the pool looked dingy, like it needed a new coat of paint.....OR was it a dirty "ring" around the pool. You could smell the chlorine in the air and there was not much air movement in the waterpark area. Not enough inner tubes, my daughters had to just float on the Lazy river. We returned to the room and again inquired about towels and washclothes and was told there were none. My youngest daughters skin was itchy and red so we made her rinse off in the shower to get the chlorine off. We went to bed and made sure to get up at 0630 for the complimentary breakfast buffet (since hotel was booked full). We arrived to find frozen, then microwaved french toast, donuts from a box, fruit loops, and fruit/yogurt. Very disappointed in the food, but it was "complimentary". We checked out by 7am to drive back home so that we could shower and freshen up. We will NEVER return. We have stayed at MANY hotels with waterparks, and never had experienced anything like this. I kept thinking I was on Candid Camera or Punk'd and that someone was going to jump out and yell "just kidding". Needless to say, that wasn't the case.

Room Tip: I guess to offer one tip, pack your own washclothes and bath towels
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
!We at the Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center do our best to make sure every guest is taken care. We have a beautiful facility with over 300 rooms and staff that is here to cater to your every need. As you may have heard we had a major issue with our check in system and have since then replaced the system and corrected the issue. There will no long be a wait to checkin or any issues with accessing our water park. We have recently had a huge increase in occupancy since this winter and have fully stocked up on towels, tubes, and other supplies.

For all future guests we would love to you to visit our hotel and see for yourself all that we have to offer. With over 2,000 satisfied guests each weekend we know you will have a great stay! Please call us directly for any questions you may have
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our stay started off horrible as soon as we walked in the door to check in. All we could see is a long, long line of people waiting to check in. Literally 3.5 hours later we reached the check in counter. The employee did not smile, did not apologize for the wait, he did nothing but give the the keys to someone elses room!!! I could not believe it when there was already someone in the room they gave us! I went back to the check in counter and the employee was fumbling papers and looked like he had NO IDEA what he was doing. We finally (after 20 more minutes) did get another room. He never apologized for our long wait or the fact that he gave us a room with someone already in it. I demanded something for all the inconviences- so I was given a coupon for a free pizza and breakfast for the next morning. Well- they must have given everyone free pizza coupons because you had to wait 40 minutes for your pizza. Breakfast the next morning was not good either. It was cold and there was a minimal selection on the Breakfast bar. The water park needs major updating. Not enough tubes and just outdated all together. The only positive was that I was refunded my money!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

There is absolutely nothing positive about this hotel. We drove over 2 hours with 9 kids for a weekend getaway. Now we can't wait to get away.
The horror of this hotel started at check in. We got
In line at 4 o'clock after 1 hour and 30 minutes we finally reached the check in counter. There were at least 100 hundred people behind us in line and only one employee at the front desk. She was beyond frustrated and ready to bust in tears at any second. We finally get in our room and there was one queen bed. So we had to go back down to the front desk and get the correct room. 3 hours after arriving at this horrible hotel we finally made it to the waterpark which would be closing in 2 hours. The water was so cold the kids did not make it to close. There was only one Spa opened and it was filled to capacity with kids splashing water. Back to our rooms we go for showers and there are no towels. We go down to the front desk to request towels and they never arrive. Then we see a housekeeper and she promised us towels. We never seen her either. After calling to the front desk the next morning we finally got 2 towels for a room booked for 4 adults. This hotel has been a nightmare from the moment we walked in. I will never stay here again!!!

Winamac, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My experience at this hotel wasn't all bad because the kids had such a great time at the water park. My biggest frustration was when we checked in to our rooms, we were told that they were not able to accomodate our request for adjoining rooms as my mom and I were taking the 4 grandkids for the night. Interestingly enough, when we got to our rooms, which were side by side, my room was an adjoining room, just not to my Mom's room. Then my mom could not get the key card to work in her door, so I went back to the front desk to tell them and was told to try turning the door handle up instead of down and if that doesn't work, don't come back up to the desk, just call and they would send maintenance. At that time I asked if we could have the room that adjoined to my room, and he said that it had already been assigned to someone. We found out later that he was lying, just didn't want to accomodate our request. Needless to say, the door wouldn't open so I then called the front desk and eventually someone came to try to open but couldn't get it. A female employee was walking by and told the maintenance guy that the door (Room 120) always sticks and she showed him the "trick" to opening it. My mother was visibly upset because she did not want to have to deal with the problem door every time we left the room, so she asked the female employee if we could get the room adjoining to mine. She said she thought that we could and opened the adjoining room with the master key and told us obviously no one had checked in yet, so she saw no reason that we should not be able to switch. I told her about my conversation with the front desk, then she seemed to back off on our ability to switch. She did say she would inquire for us, though. She was told that they were aware of our request for the adjoining room, but people were checking in heavily right then and they needed to reserve that room. We just said "whatever" and moved on. I was very happy with the first floor rooms as they had sliding glass doors that gave us access to each other's rooms without having to deal with the "trick" door. Other that that, the rooms are run down, towels in the room and at the pool are very thin and worn and the ice machine on our floor didn't work. The room's heat and AC worked great, I just couldn't find a comfortable temp. We did have coffee maker and nice TV and the only thing broken was the toilet paper holders, which is not a big deal. The tub did have a big rust spot in it but otherwise seemed clean. At 5:20 in the morning, the fire alarm went off and we were told the fire dept. has to come to turn it off so it went on about 15-20 min. After getting back to sleep, we woke up, had a really good breakfast and finished our time at the water park and the kids thought we had such a great trip, so with all of the problems, we still had a great time.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are the best since you have pool access right outside your room. Lovely surroundi...
monticello
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

For a twenty year old holiday inn, its all that. After being in other waterparks, this one is sorely lacking. The rooms ceilings are 7 foot. The tv has a terrible picture and there is no guide. Small children will enjoy the waterpark. Older ones will get bored quickly. You pay fir breakfast. Across the street is a Hampton's, where I'll be staying next time!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!