“STAY AWAY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3850 DePauw Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis North (At The Pyramids))   |
Ranked #137 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
“STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Our stay started off horrible as soon as we walked in the door to check in. All we could see is a long, long line of people waiting to check in. Literally 3.5 hours later we reached the check in counter. The employee did not smile, did not apologize for the wait, he did nothing but give the the keys to someone elses room!!! I could not believe it when there was already someone in the room they gave us! I went back to the check in counter and the employee was fumbling papers and looked like he had NO IDEA what he was doing. We finally (after 20 more minutes) did get another room. He never apologized for our long wait or the fact that he gave us a room with someone already in it. I demanded something for all the inconviences- so I was given a coupon for a free pizza and breakfast for the next morning. Well- they must have given everyone free pizza coupons because you had to wait 40 minutes for your pizza. Breakfast the next morning was not good either. It was cold and there was a minimal selection on the Breakfast bar. The water park needs major updating. Not enough tubes and just outdated all together. The only positive was that I was refunded my money!!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

There is absolutely nothing positive about this hotel. We drove over 2 hours with 9 kids for a weekend getaway. Now we can't wait to get away.
The horror of this hotel started at check in. We got
In line at 4 o'clock after 1 hour and 30 minutes we finally reached the check in counter. There were at least 100 hundred people behind us in line and only one employee at the front desk. She was beyond frustrated and ready to bust in tears at any second. We finally get in our room and there was one queen bed. So we had to go back down to the front desk and get the correct room. 3 hours after arriving at this horrible hotel we finally made it to the waterpark which would be closing in 2 hours. The water was so cold the kids did not make it to close. There was only one Spa opened and it was filled to capacity with kids splashing water. Back to our rooms we go for showers and there are no towels. We go down to the front desk to request towels and they never arrive. Then we see a housekeeper and she promised us towels. We never seen her either. After calling to the front desk the next morning we finally got 2 towels for a room booked for 4 adults. This hotel has been a nightmare from the moment we walked in. I will never stay here again!!!

Winamac, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My experience at this hotel wasn't all bad because the kids had such a great time at the water park. My biggest frustration was when we checked in to our rooms, we were told that they were not able to accomodate our request for adjoining rooms as my mom and I were taking the 4 grandkids for the night. Interestingly enough, when we got to our rooms, which were side by side, my room was an adjoining room, just not to my Mom's room. Then my mom could not get the key card to work in her door, so I went back to the front desk to tell them and was told to try turning the door handle up instead of down and if that doesn't work, don't come back up to the desk, just call and they would send maintenance. At that time I asked if we could have the room that adjoined to my room, and he said that it had already been assigned to someone. We found out later that he was lying, just didn't want to accomodate our request. Needless to say, the door wouldn't open so I then called the front desk and eventually someone came to try to open but couldn't get it. A female employee was walking by and told the maintenance guy that the door (Room 120) always sticks and she showed him the "trick" to opening it. My mother was visibly upset because she did not want to have to deal with the problem door every time we left the room, so she asked the female employee if we could get the room adjoining to mine. She said she thought that we could and opened the adjoining room with the master key and told us obviously no one had checked in yet, so she saw no reason that we should not be able to switch. I told her about my conversation with the front desk, then she seemed to back off on our ability to switch. She did say she would inquire for us, though. She was told that they were aware of our request for the adjoining room, but people were checking in heavily right then and they needed to reserve that room. We just said "whatever" and moved on. I was very happy with the first floor rooms as they had sliding glass doors that gave us access to each other's rooms without having to deal with the "trick" door. Other that that, the rooms are run down, towels in the room and at the pool are very thin and worn and the ice machine on our floor didn't work. The room's heat and AC worked great, I just couldn't find a comfortable temp. We did have coffee maker and nice TV and the only thing broken was the toilet paper holders, which is not a big deal. The tub did have a big rust spot in it but otherwise seemed clean. At 5:20 in the morning, the fire alarm went off and we were told the fire dept. has to come to turn it off so it went on about 15-20 min. After getting back to sleep, we woke up, had a really good breakfast and finished our time at the water park and the kids thought we had such a great trip, so with all of the problems, we still had a great time.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are the best since you have pool access right outside your room. Lovely surroundi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
monticello
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

For a twenty year old holiday inn, its all that. After being in other waterparks, this one is sorely lacking. The rooms ceilings are 7 foot. The tv has a terrible picture and there is no guide. Small children will enjoy the waterpark. Older ones will get bored quickly. You pay fir breakfast. Across the street is a Hampton's, where I'll be staying next time!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our family had a wonderful stay at this hotel a couple of weeks ago. We arrived late on a Friday night and were greeted by a super friendly staff person. She had us in our room with our breakfast tickets and water park passes in less than 5 minutes. Our room was atrium side on the 4th floor and was very clean and nice. There were two comfy beds and a large balcony for the kids to hang out on. I was worried about the pool noise but at 11:00pm (hotel quiet time) both nights the lobby area was silent and we didn't hear anything with our door closed. The bathroom was clean and the only thing that I could find wrong with the room is the toilet paper holders were broken. However, little things like that don't ruin a great experience. There was a great selection at their breakfast buffet for both the kids and adults. Our kids had a fantastic time at the waterpark and arcade on that Saturday. The only frustration we had at the waterpark was not enough tubes to really enjoy all the rides and the lazy river.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've stayed here a few times. Once in 2005 when it was Holiday Inn Select, Once in 2007 when it had dropped the SELECT name, and was just Holiday Inn. The first time was Five Star service, Second I would give 4.5 stars, but this last time? Well, let's just say it was my last. I was told by some of the other hotels that they lost their Holiday Inn flag rights due to other complaints that they were too cheap to fix. Others told me that the owner intentionally did not resign to Holiday Inn and went independent. In today's world of competition, I would have at LEAST joined Best Western, and called it Best Western Caribbean Cove just to get some brand recognition out there. But after my night's stay, I realized that there is nothing to be recognized anymore. This place has just dwindled downward. The beds were comfortable, and the room was nice, but the rate they charge is way too much if that's all you're looking for. The water park is less than impressive anymore. It used to look real nice when it first opened, but now it looks like the people who built it are the same ones who built the Titanic. I really hope the owner cleans this place up soon, and regains some kind of flag (at least with a flag, I know I am being watched over by a corporate entity and standards, and I have someone to complain to). I'm not going to say I recommend this hotel unless you have a couple of young kids who would benefit from the less than impressive water works.

Room Tip: I was in 314, which gives you a balcony and good view of the holidome. You don't have to worry...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CCH M, Manager at Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center. We value your business and your thoughts. Although we are not a coporate chain, our ownerss have updated our hotel and many more updates are under developement. We are currently in the process of upgrading our rooms and constructing a new Tilted Kilt Eatery. We are sorry that your stay was less than you expected and would love for you to revisit our property and see our changes.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our 2 year old daughter for one night. The staff were all friendly, helpful and courteous. We had no problems during our stay and it was just the kind of hotel we were looking for. We spent Friday evening and all day Saturday in the water park which our little girl loved. We bought wristbands on Friday and did not have to re purchase on Saturday. The park opens at 4pm til 10pm on Fridays. $15 per adult, free for our daughter, excellent value and we will no doubt revisit when she is older, and able to enjoy the bigger slides. All facilities were working, there were plenty of lifeguards and queues for the slides were short. We took our own towels.
Breakfast in the cafe and lunch at the water park were good and drinks refills at $1 were good value. The sports bar had a good selection of draft and bottled lagers and beers reasonably priced, but it was very quiet for a Friday evening. Famous Dave's BBQ one block down was an excellent choice for evening dinner.
We had a first floor queen bed room which was clean and fine for the short time spent in it. The coffee maker was useful this morning. All in all, we all enjoyed our stay at Caribbean cove, and we were pleased that we did not take notice of some of the poor reviews that this hotel really does not deserve.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!