“You get what you pay? Maybe” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center

You added Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3850 DePauw Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis North (At The Pyramids))   |
Ranked #134 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
monticello
“You get what you pay? Maybe”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

For a twenty year old holiday inn, its all that. After being in other waterparks, this one is sorely lacking. The rooms ceilings are 7 foot. The tv has a terrible picture and there is no guide. Small children will enjoy the waterpark. Older ones will get bored quickly. You pay fir breakfast. Across the street is a Hampton's, where I'll be staying next time!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our family had a wonderful stay at this hotel a couple of weeks ago. We arrived late on a Friday night and were greeted by a super friendly staff person. She had us in our room with our breakfast tickets and water park passes in less than 5 minutes. Our room was atrium side on the 4th floor and was very clean and nice. There were two comfy beds and a large balcony for the kids to hang out on. I was worried about the pool noise but at 11:00pm (hotel quiet time) both nights the lobby area was silent and we didn't hear anything with our door closed. The bathroom was clean and the only thing that I could find wrong with the room is the toilet paper holders were broken. However, little things like that don't ruin a great experience. There was a great selection at their breakfast buffet for both the kids and adults. Our kids had a fantastic time at the waterpark and arcade on that Saturday. The only frustration we had at the waterpark was not enough tubes to really enjoy all the rides and the lazy river.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've stayed here a few times. Once in 2005 when it was Holiday Inn Select, Once in 2007 when it had dropped the SELECT name, and was just Holiday Inn. The first time was Five Star service, Second I would give 4.5 stars, but this last time? Well, let's just say it was my last. I was told by some of the other hotels that they lost their Holiday Inn flag rights due to other complaints that they were too cheap to fix. Others told me that the owner intentionally did not resign to Holiday Inn and went independent. In today's world of competition, I would have at LEAST joined Best Western, and called it Best Western Caribbean Cove just to get some brand recognition out there. But after my night's stay, I realized that there is nothing to be recognized anymore. This place has just dwindled downward. The beds were comfortable, and the room was nice, but the rate they charge is way too much if that's all you're looking for. The water park is less than impressive anymore. It used to look real nice when it first opened, but now it looks like the people who built it are the same ones who built the Titanic. I really hope the owner cleans this place up soon, and regains some kind of flag (at least with a flag, I know I am being watched over by a corporate entity and standards, and I have someone to complain to). I'm not going to say I recommend this hotel unless you have a couple of young kids who would benefit from the less than impressive water works.

Room Tip: I was in 314, which gives you a balcony and good view of the holidome. You don't have to worry...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CCH M, Manager at Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center. We value your business and your thoughts. Although we are not a coporate chain, our ownerss have updated our hotel and many more updates are under developement. We are currently in the process of upgrading our rooms and constructing a new Tilted Kilt Eatery. We are sorry that your stay was less than you expected and would love for you to revisit our property and see our changes.
Greensburg, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our 2 year old daughter for one night. The staff were all friendly, helpful and courteous. We had no problems during our stay and it was just the kind of hotel we were looking for. We spent Friday evening and all day Saturday in the water park which our little girl loved. We bought wristbands on Friday and did not have to re purchase on Saturday. The park opens at 4pm til 10pm on Fridays. $15 per adult, free for our daughter, excellent value and we will no doubt revisit when she is older, and able to enjoy the bigger slides. All facilities were working, there were plenty of lifeguards and queues for the slides were short. We took our own towels.
Breakfast in the cafe and lunch at the water park were good and drinks refills at $1 were good value. The sports bar had a good selection of draft and bottled lagers and beers reasonably priced, but it was very quiet for a Friday evening. Famous Dave's BBQ one block down was an excellent choice for evening dinner.
We had a first floor queen bed room which was clean and fine for the short time spent in it. The coffee maker was useful this morning. All in all, we all enjoyed our stay at Caribbean cove, and we were pleased that we did not take notice of some of the poor reviews that this hotel really does not deserve.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Noblesville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've been here multiple times and wow let me tell you...The front desk was exceptionally helpful with all my cares and needs. If your looking for an elegant place to stay this is not the place, go stay at the ritz carleton or something.The atrium was very relaxing and had an italian type theme to it which was really nice. I give this place a thumbs up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Anyone who gives this place more than two stars hasn't stayed ANYWHERE else . Long lines at front desk , hallways smell like mold , didn't get the rooms we booked .. The list goes on and on ! AWFUL is a good word for this place

Curt D

• Stayed January 2013
Home
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

If you are ever in Indianapolis never stay at the Caribbean Cove Indoor Water Park. Why? You ask. On my first stay there I did not get the room I booked and instead of upgrading the room I was downgraded. The hallways were dirty (discarded food in the stairways) and there was an orange electrical cord running from some random closet to behind the pop machines, which was outside of the pool area. The fire alarm went off at least five times over night, I say at least five because I stopped leaving the room after three and was only able to keep my eyes open for two more. The free breakfast had a great presentation but the potatoes were almost raw and the 50/50 orange juice (50% juice + 50% water = 100% gross) was not good either. The shower worked well though, at least on the floor above me because it was coming through the ceiling into my shower area. After my stay I brought all these matters to the general manager’s (gm)attention who was unapologetic but he did take credit for sending me a free nights stay which I was told I would receive from the lady at the front desk anyway. I tried to redeem the free nights stay on NYE because there was no mention of blackout dates on the letter. In fact I was told to present the letter at checkout after talking with someone at reservations. To be safe I thought I would mention it when I checked in and was told that they would not honor the letter during this time. I spoke with the (gm) again and he said yes he could honor the letter if wanted to but he "didn't feel like it." I found a room at the Embassy Suites and canceled the room at Caribbean Cove. While in the ridiculously long line waiting for a refund I was able to corner a staff member of the Caribbean Cove, told her my situation and she returned back with a message from the gm that he would honor the letter. Which was too late by now, I had already book my room at the Embassy Suites. My family's NYE celebration was not as enjoyable because I trying to fulfill a promise to my daughter to take her back to the water park before the year was out. The water park and the staff were ok but the rest of my experience, including my conversations with the gm, was very unprofessional and had a "so what" kind of attitude about it.

Room Tip: Go for the water park but don't eat or sleep there.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!