“No positives” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3850 DePauw Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis North (At The Pyramids))   |
Ranked #140 of 185 hotels in Indianapolis
Fort Wayne
“No positives”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

When we arrived, they did were unpreparer with our free breakfast tickets. We requested to be close to another family with our trip. They were two floors higher on the other side of the hotel. There were suppose to have towels in the water park. We did not find any and we asked for them to be replenished three times during our visit. All requests were not complied with. In our room, we asked housekeeping to provide additional towels, they never came. The tiles were cracked and the hair dryer did not work. The restaurant served cold food and it took forever to get. Insided the park, there were not enough intertubes for the lazy river/rides and the park was not at full capacity.

Overall, our kids loved the park experience, but as parents, we will not go back to this water park. Anyplace would be better!

CCH M, Manager at Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We are glad to hear your kids loved the water park! We have recently ordered large amounts of towels for the water park. Unfortunately towels are a hot item at our water park and many of them leave our hotel at the end of each day. We have created a system to have more towels available for future guest. I sorry to hear your breakfast tickets were not available right away and I will pass the information along to make sure it is acknowledged.
We do have many requests each day when it comes to room types and locations. Our front desk staff tries their best to meet everyone’s requests but sometimes it is impossible. That is why we try to let our guests know that will try to honor your request but cannot guarantee it due to the fact that we may not have availability. Thank you for your response and please call 317-872-9790 and a manager would be happy to talk to you about any concerns you had.

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Naperville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The only thing good and decent about this hotel is the location, close to restaurants and the interstate. Everything else about this hotel and waterpark is beyond pitiful. The pool water is cold and good luck asking the staff for a towel while at the pool, they politely handed me one hand towel to use for my family of four! The door to our room was also broken. The door handle did not work properly. You hand to pull the handle up, not down like any normally functioning door, and push hard as the latch does not completely go into the door. The thermostat in the room gives a different reading from what it is "set" to. Good luck trying to figure it out to be comfortable. Now that as if all of those annoyances weren't enough for you we have the icing on the cake. The COCKROACH! My husband crushed it and then took it to the front desk in the washcloth that he used to kill it and they could have cared less. She said "oh." got him a new washcloth. He asked if they even wanted the room number and she said "oh, sure." I'm sure they have every intention of calling an exterminator, but I wouldn't hold my breathe. We are NEVER staying here again. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else and go visit the municipal indoor water park instead.
If they could find the right management this place could be absolutely awesome, but sadly the management could careless.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your thoughts. Our Rooms Director has been made aware of your issues and will investigate them seriously and efficiently. We do have a contract with a company to do bi-monthly inspections to make sure our hotel stays clean and safe. Please call 317-872-9790 and a Manager will be more than happy to help you with your concerns.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I almost canceled my reservations after reading bad reviews but am so glad i didn't. We had a wonderful experience here. They let us check in at 11 am, have us helpful advice while we were here, and our stay was pleasant. Our room was only $82 including breakfast for a Friday night. There was a special for the water park and my family of 4 got in for $25. It is an older place but not dirty or torn up like i read in some reviews. My boys enjoyed the arcade and sitting on our inside balcony when everyone was out in the pool area. As far as downfalls they need to fyi something about not having enough tubes got the slides and lazy river. No one was sharing them and we weren't able to get one until almost time to close. Luckily my boys are very young and didn't really need one. Also, bring your beach towels because they were few and far between in the water park. Another bonus I'd that beef and boards is right behind the hotel. There's also a tx roadhouse right next door.

• Stayed October 2012
Hilliard, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My daughter's soccer team was forced to stay here by the people who organized the FC Pride tournament. Now we know why, because nobody would have stayed here otherwise. The problems our families had with this place included: a flooded room due to a broken water line, a toilet that wouldn't flush, "clean" towels that were unfit for a dog (or no towels at all), banging pipes in the middle of the night, double charges on invoices, rooms that smelled like ashtrays, and a understaffed team of some of the most clueless and apathetic people I've ever encountered in a hotel. My bed was so bad that my upper back has been having spasms now for two days. The water park was a joke; half the slides were not working.

If you ever find yourself staying here, there must be something really great going on in Indianapolis that day and every other place is booked or else you would have stayed at a Motel 6.

Room Tip: Stay at the Drury Inn across the street
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your sending us your thoughts. We sorry to hear your stay was not what you expected. Our hotel like other hotels sometimes has unexpected maintenance issues that can cause problems. We were glad to have your group here again this year and we will be sure to correct issues you had. We have been in the process of updating all areas of the hotel since the Caribbean Cove Hotel has undergone new management last year. Hope to see your group again next year. Please call 317-872-9790 and a Manager will be more than happy to talk to you about your concerns.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have a bad back, but usually hotel beds don't completely aggravate it. This one did. I think I barely got any sleep there and our bed size felt like a full - it was SO small for two people! No other major issues, but the whole purpose of a hotel is to sleep there so this was very disappointing. No bed bugs or mold or anything, it looked like the shower had been re-grouted. The water park was great and, though we weren't there for it, we both had fun on the slides and in the lazy river. We ate at the restaurant downstairs. The portions were giant, my food was fine, but my husband's made him sick. The location is convenient to the track and shopping and restaurants. Our room was definitely noisy. Just average; fine for a Hotwire rate room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kendallville, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family and I went to Caribbean Cove over labor day weekend. We traveled 2.5 hours to get there. First we waited in line to check in for over an hour. Then the reservations we made prior to our arrival did not matter they didnt even have a room for us. So they put us in a room with one bed and no AC it was 88 degree's in our room my wife is 8.5 months pregnant and I had a 5yr old and a 1yr old we were all miserable. They Did bring us a pull out bed and it was not fit for a human to sleep in it. My 5 yr old cried cause she wanted to go home! When we woke up at 7 A.M. there was half eaten pizza laying in the hallway at 10:50 A.M. the pizza was still there. All in All the CARIBBEAN COVE SUCKED I will never go back nor will I suggest it to my worst enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My name is BRIAN M

Thank you for your response. I apologize for the issues you had during your stay. Saying we were busy that weekend would be an understatement. We have made adjustments to make sure these issues have been fixed. Please call us at 317-872-9790 and a manager would be more than happy to talk to you about your concerns.
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I would like to say I actually "stayed" here, but my family was forced to leave 4 hours after check in. Our room had no AC, and in a big pool hotel, this means our room was in the high 80s with 100% humidity. The front desk was completely unhelpful at resolving this issue. They wouldn't transfer me to another room with working AC, and they refused to refund anything. Eventually, I had to call hotels.com to get a full refund and a booking at a hotel someplace else. Its always fun to pack up your kids after bed time and move them 20 minutes away to another hotel. Thank goodness hotels.com was so helpful to press to get the full refund (the front desk was unwilling to refund anything)

This is one of the most beat up hotels I have ever stayed in. Dirty rugs, stained towels in the rooms, many broken things in the rooms, broken ice machines, non functional vending machines. I have never had a worse stay at any price, and this hotel was NOT cheap.

Room Tip: Don't stay here ever. You were warned.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your thoughts. We are sorry to hear the issue you had with your A/C unit. Our Front Desk Manager had been made aware of the issue and if this issue would ever arise again our Agents will find a way to make sure the matter is resolved fast and efficiently. Unfortunately we do not have the power to refund a stay when it is booked through a third party company such as hotels.com. When making reservations through a third party they are the only ones able to make refunds. I am sorry to hear your family left late at night, please call 317-872-9790 and a Manager will be more than happy to talk to you about your concerns.

Been to Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!