So I usually don't post negative reviews and I'll try to keep this factual, but this stay was so bad I felt compelled to post. A couple of notes. We were here over superbowl weekend. So we paid way too much for this room (although I can't think of a price I could pay that would make me feel good about the stay), and the hotel was sold out. Some of this might not apply as much if there were fewer people in the hotel.
Clean: The sheets and towels seemed clean enough, but the rest of the place was pretty gross. The blanket on the bed was really beat up, and there was a chair in our room that looked like it came from someone's dorm room. I'm not exaggerating. I added a photo of it which if you zoom in you can see it. The black mark at the top is ground-in dirt from people's heads. The arms and seat were stained with ground-in dirt and other unidentified things. Pretty disgusting.
Staff: Really friendly and helpful. To be fair, everyone in Indiana seems this way. It was a really nice surprise to find so many friendly people around you the entire trip. I would imagine most hotels in this area would have friendly, helpful people so while this was a plus, I'm not sure it would be unique.
Facility: Pretty run down in general. Dingy was the word that kept coming to mind. It has a pool which seemed unique for hotels in this area. We didn't use it.
Location: It is located in the north-northwest corner of the indy circle. It was an easy drive into the city (25 minutes on highway), but if it wasn't superbowl w/e you can stay in the city if you like.
Noise: Unbearable. Let's start inside the room. The refrigerator goes on and off about a dozen times in the night. When it starts up, it sounds like a car starting. Same with the heat or A/C. Once they are going they are just a very loud hum, but the on/off is pretty loud and they are not synchronized so you will have to deal with this from one of them about 20 times an night
Outside the room. In a hotel there is always the occasional noise from the hallway or the slamming of a door, but this hotel in particular seems to have the thinnest walls/doors I have ever encountered. Every noise makes it into the room. We had to call the front desk all three nights because our neighbor liked to fall asleep with the TV on. It doesn't have to be loud because once things settle down, we could still hear him breathing in his sleep. We were also awoken one morning to our other neighbor in his bathroom. It sounded like there was just a curtain between us. I won't get into details, but it was a really awful. Again, if you stayed here normally maybe you wouldn't have neighbors and would just have to deal with the inside noises and housekeeping.
The housekeeping folks come down the hall talking as loud as they can around 8am. They do this for about 15 minutes before they start cleaning the rooms. They will also ignore your do not disturb sign and knock on the door around 8:30-8:45 and if you don't answer, try to come in. We heard many other people yelling at them to get out.
In the end, you start to look forward to the refrigerator and heating noise to drown out all of the other stuff. The problem is they go off so then you hear it all again, as well as the loud noises when they start up.
Oh, and we also ran out of hot water on Sunday so there were no showers. Again, it was sold out so some of this might not apply on normal days, but why take the chance.
We travel a lot and stay in everything from motels in the sticks to 5-star places. I like to think we are pretty open minded and appreciate the context we are in, but with all of the choices for hotels in this area I can't think of a single reason you would want to take the chance on staying here. There has to be a dozen better choices you could pick.
This hotel needs a major upgrade to fix the dirty and noise issues. It doesn't seem like they have put any real money into this hotel for a decade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel has an indoor heated pool as well as a workout facility. We offer a free continental breakfast and free Wi-Fi. We also offer a microwave and mini-fridge I each room. We are located right off of I-465 which is convenient for easy access to any part of the city that you may be doing business in. Our hotel is located in the same parking lot as Costco with which you can use your key-card as a free pass to get in. We have a wide variety of restaurants within walking distance including Famous Dave's BBQ, Texas Roadhouse, Longhorn Steakhouse and many more! We look forward to hearing from you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Indianapolis NW reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Indianapolis Nw
- Days Inn & Suites Indianapolis Nw Hotel Indianapolis
- Days Inn Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Days Inn